Guest lonelywombat

Original twilight bar bangkok

Guest fountainhall

By airing your disgust ('no sanitation of any sort' - thus something rather dirty!) you're saying that people who like this sort of shows are people who like dirty things. Maybe that's the case, maybe not. But what's the point in airing such qualifications?

What's wrong with it? That's twice you've made the same point and gone on to suggest implications that I for one just cannot see. They were statements of fact, pure and simple. I also don't like cum shows - I simply can not see any point in them. Others disagree. Fine. Btu please bring back the nude dancing :p

[1]An earlier post mentioned Apache. Was that owned by the bar with the same name that was opposite Tawan for a short time.

[2]A poster on sawatdee mentions inter-moustache which I visited briefly mid 90's.

I thought it was not farang friendly. Anyone with more detail?

re [1]-if that was same owner, I do not know. But APACHE as mentioned was in Sapan kwai-in the houe left when the famous Midnight Cowboy moved a few houses further on-catching in on the unwary going for the old address. Oh-in fact (but thats just scratching memory) the bar opposite Tawan has never been named Apache-it was Torpedo or some other rocket-type word (maybe even Boomerang-at that time a very famous Thai tophit song by the famous mr. BIRD=Tongchai McIntyre, also rumoured to be ''like PLU''). The captain/manager was the well-known khun LEK-of former Golden Cock and later on moved to what is now Solid around the corner. He now is said to run a massageshop in Jowmtien/Pattaya. He really was/is a sweet guy apt at giving you the best advice.

[2]-at that time was probably right, but this also applied to many bars along sukhumvit. it is in fact still quite common among places aiming at hi-So Thai-they simply assume all farang are bad behaved, stinky, loudmouthed and ill clad (as if Thai never have prejudice?). I guess you asked the very same at another board I just left-swsd-g-th-so read the rest there. (here in thaild swd-g-th is often inaccessible, so I sit now among a lot of schoolboys having skipped school to pay noisy games).

Guest lonelywombat

The poster who sent me a PM stating the host bars in Saphan Kwai are more like we have been talking about ,is asked to make contact again.Not only are these bars starting to whet my appetite but also the Ramkamhang and Rachada areas.

I would rather this thread continues on the more modest bars and exclude the cumshot at the table posts.

Is there anyone reading this thread who can not only find a map of any of the three areas, but also list the bars that are there.

I have just posted on sawatdee memories of Adam and Eve in Pattaya where all the boys were fully clothed on stage. That did not turn me off.

Is there anyone reading this thread who can not only find a map of any of the three areas, but also list the bars that are there.

Maybe we need to ask Shameless Mack nicely. He's put a gay venue map on his excellent website recently, but it doesn't go as far as identifying which venues are bars and their names. Perhaps he could be persuaded to post a more detailed map on his website (or here).

Dear khun LW.

For Sapan kwai you do not really need a map-all the few remaining bars/karaOK are in 1 soi. And there are sauna's and 1 ''dirty cinema''not into your wished for category nearby.

Close by is OToKO or Chatuchak- chanegs by the week or so.

Moreorless same same for Ram-all the ars are in a private soi at the end of that road near Lamsalee crossing. Just wander down and you hit them all.

The best maps-of sorts, quite distorted if you are mapfreak, are in those free Thai monthly mags like MAX etc-the maps are bilingual. With a good allofBKK map should b easy enough to find. Sapan kwai is near BTS, RKH is not-also the ARL (new airpttrain) is quite far from there-some 4-5 kms. I mostly go by bus. it is near the MALL bangkapi-can go on the klong SaenSaep boats, but these stop b 19.00=far too early for these bars even to open.

I rather doubt if you will like OTK or RKHG-that is mostly student type young Thai boys, in their very own style of table-dance disco, come in a group of friends to share that precious bottle of imitate whiskey thunderous loud music and no apparent match-making. (google for and then search the older ricequeendairy.blogspot for some entertaining reviews of vists there). SpnKw karaOk bars (and the 1 remaining Gogo=Be HIGH) are more used to farang, though it is mainly speak Thai only and can be good fun if you like that type of ''entertainment''.

Guest Keyvan

Funny, the Twilight Bar I recall from the 70's was very different! Situated at the Silom end of Patpong [long before the market started in Patpong, just all girl and boy bars] it was over a number of floors, and had a very bad reputation. I recall being told that on the upper floors were the underage boys, who all slept in a locked compound elsewhere.

In those days Lonely Boy in Silom, Soi 4 [where the Salsa bar is now] was my bar of choice and if the boys misbehaved in many of the bars they were in BIG trouble, almost kept like slaves!

Back then the Suriwongse Hotel was only by the hour, breakfast in the old restaurant was more of seeing who came down the stairs with whom, than eating and drinking!

Guest lonelywombat

I thought if I searched shamelessmack .com, I would find something more on Saphan Kwai. I am not sure he would appreciate me copying his excellent map, but as it is close to 3 years old ,perhaps pong can up date us.

http://shamelessmack...her/macks-maps/

you have to scroll down about 7 maps to 1 August 2008

Maybe it was on cruising for sex which I rarely visit, but I have seen a more recent map with the saunas and what someone described as a suck cinema . Someone else can research that.

Guest lonelywombat

In another thread Fountainhall mentioned this thread and I thought I would raise a few of the PM's I received. I think I lost interest when the thread went downhill to cumming at the table or into a glass,and places with no hygeine .

However the posts that have gone before certainly give newbies and others a great read and guide to what did happen compared to now.i

There was a lot of interest in the bars in the

ramkhamhaeng area

The maps and guide in dreadedned are supposedly out of date and several people had mentioned by PM they would scout the area and find out whats happening. The consensus is that the gay bars in this area are mainly uni students, nothing the same style as Silom go go bars and that farangs are rare. I seem to remember in chat that the universities are in summer recess and that might be the cause of the delay.

http://dreadedned.com/directory/byarea/1/18/

Maybe we can get some answers as to what makes this area tick, what places are friendly to farang and how to get there.

A map link would be great.

Guest fountainhall

I have looked at the dreadedned link. As suggested, the descriptions seem very out of date - e.g. a couple of bars are classified as "new", yet they opened in 2003 and 2004 respectively. Another entry for Gaysorn Sauna refers to "now" being 2005. So, how many of these places still exist, I have no idea.

Since this does not really relate to the old Twilight Bar, I hope you don't mind my opening a new Ramkhamhaeng thread. I'll post a description of the only time I tried the area and what I think may be a better map I have found on the web. Hopefully this may generate more replies.

Guest paulg

I arrive in BKK in 2 weeks and am interested in what bars are now operating in Soi Twilight

and Patpong. I know about Tawan and the seedy bars around the corner.

Jupiters is top of my list and I am interested to know what shows are similar class, dont mind a bit of sleaze at ScrewBoys, DreamBoys and whatever is still open.

There was a sports bar and as I want to watch football from Australia early evenings,can anyone steer me in the direction of a bar where I can watch.

I am not sure why, but I swear the sexiest thing is a cute young Thai guy giving my a wai, with a big smile on his face. Makes my heart skip a beat more than any fuck show.

But maybe this is just me...perhaps I have discovered a new fetish. blink.gif

Not just you, rest assured. Or slightly lowered briefs with just a tiny bit of bushes visible - beats all of those big ****k shows in my book anytime

Thanks vinapu for bringing this old

Thread back after a couple of years.

Memory lane revisits always fun

and nice to have a gay sexy topic.

owing to illness I was stuck at home for a few days and entertained myself by reading old posts on various forums.

.It 's amazing that not much changed,7-8 years ago contributors were complaining about the same things we are nowadays- boring shows , expensive drinks and offs, puschy mamasans  and loud music in Soi Twilight bars, handsome but lazy in bed  boys from Jupiter, empty bars in Soi 6 wondering how they survive and longing for all good days few years ago. But interesting reads anyway