Olddaddy

Furama Silom

Just reading about another post here staying at the Furama Silom 

I'm in Bkk this week 🏙️🌇🌆

I just checked reviews for this hotel all negative,saying it's dirty ,old ,slow internet etc 😮😳

Any reports yourself??

4 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Just reading about another post here staying at the Furama Silom 

I'm in Bkk this week 🏙️🌇🌆

I just checked reviews for this hotel all negative,saying it's dirty ,old ,slow internet etc 😮😳

Any reports yourself??

Just read a report, 'sudoxi'? Saying he liked it. 

2 hours ago, Lucky said:

You are in Bangkok this week yet you have nothing better to do than post on here?

k 😂 😅  I apologise maybe it's my slang sentences 😮

This week as in the future this week,meaning before Sunday ,so I will be going there ...this week .

However when I arrive...this week.😉...I will still be posting on here ... although that might be ....next week!😀

I did post a lot ...last week...I'm hoping I post more next week..as I'm arriving..this week

As for having nothing better to do ...your right...I'm at home waiting for my flight this week.

😳 I hope that makes sense ☺️

I am staying in an executive suite as it was cheaper than booking a deluxe room on agoda. The room is very clean. Wifi is strong. There is an access point directly on the ceiling in the room. Speed test shows 250mbps down and 200mbps up. Very fast. Internet did feel a bit slower when I was at the pool so I switched to using 5g.

breakfast was fine, I was only up once to experience it. Has everything you would assume and omelette station, 

executive lounge provides free drinks/snacks throughout the day and light dinner options in the evening. Pizza, pasta, fried foods. 

I cannot speak to the other rooms, when I read reviews online I was worried as well but most seem to be for the basic rooms. 

balconies are locked for “safety reasons” I asked they said someone had went over one. 

water pressure in shower is good. Drain can be a little slower when using rainfall shower but I have no issues. 

I will add, each day I’ve been leaving tip for the maid. As I engage the clean room sign every day. The note on the desk says they clean once every three days but I like bed made and fresh towels. 

she leaves me extra disposable toothbrushes, cotton swabs etc, which is nice for the boys I have over cause they can use to freshen up before and after. I also asked her, using google translate, if she could leave me extra towels, which she did and came in extra handy last night. 
 In the evening they close the side entrance and only have the main entrance open, however has been no issues bringing anyone back, even the two last night, I found it funny last night taxi driver remembered me, even remembered which hotel I was bringing boys back to. 

35 minutes ago, sudoxi said:

I will add, each day I’ve been leaving tip for the maid.

very smart and much better that leaving tip at end of stay. That way one ensures tip goes to one who actually cleans the room.

The same with toothbrushes, make sure to always have 1-2 extra for your visitors. You and your guest will feel better. If hotel doesn't provide, 7/11 is never too far back.

You doing extremely well in Bangkok !

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

very smart and much better that leaving tip at end of stay. That way one ensures tip goes to one who actually cleans the room.

The same with toothbrushes, make sure to always have 1-2 extra for your visitors. You and your guest will feel better. If hotel doesn't provide, 7/11 is never too far back.

You doing extremely well in Bangkok !

It's always smart, I think, to leave decent tip near beginning  of stay. Usually means you get good service. Mind you, it helps if the same person does your room each day, as otherwise  one girl gets a windfall.  I usually  wait till day 2, if same girl, or occasionally  man, is there, then I tip.

8 hours ago, sudoxi said:

I found it funny last night taxi driver remembered me, even remembered which hotel I was bringing boys back to.

There's one very cheerful taxi driver who regularly patrols Surawong and Silom areas and never forgets a customer. A few years ago I used his taxi once. Last trip I was walking on Silom Soi 3 and he pulled over and reached out to shake hands, asking, "How are you, where is your friend?"

I know this is too late to be useful for olddaddy, and is outdated information, but I used to stay at Furama Silom.  However, on my last visit a few years ago I got a low level room and it was in need of a re-do.  It was looking very tired and in need of some work.  Even more than me.  I'd also never had a room that low in the building.  I went elsewhere after that.

Always found the breakfast was a wide selection buffet, regularly re-stocked, and with the 'egg station' for your freshly fried / scrambled / omelette eggs