sudoxi

Bar Boys Question

12 hours ago, floridarob said:

I ask the guy, you want drink or prefer the cash ....100% reply. money is better 

some bar may impose drink quota boys are supposed to meet in either week or month. It was  a short lived case in Tawan around 2016-2017 according to  a boy who left for that reason

1 hour ago, sudoxi said:

when I was at good boys I was disappointed cause the one boy I liked was with a guy who bought a bottle but it didn’t look like the transaction was gonna go farther than a drink.

Good form would be to enlist mamasans help to ask customer if he will be offing boy in question. If he is half decent he should give honest answer.

Reverse situation happened to me last trip as reported- boy was sitting with me because I liked him but had other arrangements for that night. Mamasan asked  me that question, I confirmed I won't be taking him  and as soon as I went to washroom boy was snatched by other customer

29 minutes ago, vinapu said:

some bar may impose drink quota boys are supposed to meet in either week or month. It was  a short lived case in Tawan around 2016-2017 according to  a boy who left for that reason

Is why I ask they guy...he'll know what works best for him 🤔

Good advice from Vinapu, as usual. Over the years it’s always got me frustrated when I have entered a Gogo and see a hot boy on the stage. But by the time I have gone through the ritual of ordering my drink, another customer has motioned him over and has proceeded to enjoy the boy’s charms. Does the guy know that I have claimed the boy in my horny mind !. Eventually I call over a substitute and almost immediately my rival pays his bin, tips the boy and departs, after which the boy disappears back stage or wherever. 

3 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

Over the years it’s always got me frustrated when I have entered a Gogo and see a hot boy on the stage. But by the time I have gone through the ritual of ordering my drink, another customer has motioned him over and has proceeded to enjoy the boy’s charms. Does the guy know that I have claimed the boy in my horny mind !. Eventually I call over a substitute and almost immediately my rival pays his bin, tips the boy and departs, after which the boy disappears back stage or wherever. 

I definitely appreciate what you wrote above.  The established protocol tends to get in the away in being able to obtain what we want in a quicker way.

Back in August when I was at Jupiter in the upstairs section - I watched in awe how two heterosexual women obtained their 2 guys.  They called over the manager and he used his green laser light pen to identify which 2 guys they wanted.  In this moment during the evening the Jupiter guys were without their numbers attached to their bodies so it was critical to have an alternative way to identify which guy they wanted.  This process was painful as you could see the 2 women speak into the ear of the male manager to try to establish which guy was of interest and sometimes he would point the green laser light pen to the wrong guy.

@Travellerdave based on what you wrote above and what I saw occur in Jupiter - it would be much more efficient, in my opinion, to just give the green laser light pen directly to the customer to either:

• point to the desired guy,
  • or, point to a QR code that is on the guy's person - which would allow an internal bar system to know which green laser pen identified the guy FIRST and then the manager can run over to the customer (identified by the QR code and location ID of said customer) to fulfill the deal. 
  • Those customers who were late with their green laser pen identifying activity could be held in a queue - in case the customer after sitting with the bar guy lets him go - as the deal does not go through.

In this way, with the use of technology, we make this process much more streamlined and efficient, and we utilize the skills of the manager for a better purpose - instead of him trying to understand which guy the customer wants after many attempts while the guys are doing their cat walk and moving around.  We also give hope to those who were not quick enough as they are already in a queue.  Obviously, those in the queue can cancel their order.

I think that this would also make it more fun and allow for those who are more shy to be empowered with technology that allows them to get what they want without exposing their shyness too much.

5 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I definitely appreciate what you wrote above.  The established protocol tends to get in the away in being able to obtain what we want in a quicker way.

Back in August when I was at Jupiter in the upstairs section - I watched in awe how two heterosexual women obtained their 2 guys.  They called over the manager and he used his green laser light pen to identify which 2 guys they wanted.  In this moment during the evening the Jupiter guys were without their numbers attached to their bodies so it was critical to have an alternative way to identify which guy they wanted.  This process was painful as you could see the 2 women speak into the ear of the male manager to try to establish which guy was of interest and sometimes he would point the green laser light pen to the wrong guy.

@Travellerdave based on what you wrote above and what I saw occur in Jupiter - it would be much more efficient, in my opinion, to just give the green laser light pen directly to the customer to either:

• point to the desired guy,
  • or, point to a QR code that is on the guy's person - which would allow an internal bar system to know which green laser pen identified the guy FIRST and then the manager can run over to the customer (identified by the QR code and location ID of said customer) to fulfill the deal. 
  • Those customers who were late with their green laser pen identifying activity could be held in a queue - in case the customer after sitting with the bar guy lets him go - as the deal does not go through.

In this way, with the use of technology, we make this process much more streamlined and efficient, and we utilize the skills of the manager for a better purpose - instead of him trying to understand which guy the customer wants after many attempts while the guys are doing their cat walk and moving around.  We also give hope to those who were not quick enough as they are already in a queue.  Obviously, those in the queue can cancel their order.

I think that this would also make it more fun and allow for those who are more shy to be empowered with technology that allows them to get what they want without exposing their shyness too much.

I think ultimately the reason why they still rely on Mamasan or Papasan with these archaic method is due to their vested interest being a middlemen. If you have a QR or laser, their role will be diminished so quickly. 

9 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Yes but most of them enjoy drinking. I love to make them happy!

I've never bought a bottle might be  worth trying. Trouble is I don't drink whisky! What is the average price?

7 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

point to a QR code

In this way, with the use of technology, .............

I think that this would also make it more fun and allow for those who are more shy to be empowered with technology

I'm of opinion that least thing we need in bars is more technology unless one likes to see his name splashed in news, social media and at immigration counters at both ends.

Perusing You Tube over years I see familiar faces from time to time and I'm not sure those in question would be happy to be seen, say walking through Patpong , by their bosses , wives or boyfriends..

Even less so in bar pointing green laser at barely dressed guy or girl

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I'm of opinion that least thing we need in bars is more technology unless one likes to see his name splashed in news, social media and at immigration counters at both ends.

Perusing You Tube over years I see familiar faces from time to time and I'm not sure those in question would be happy to be seen, say walking through Patpong , by their bosses , wives or boyfriends..

Even less so in bar pointing green laser at barely dressed guy or girl

Fully agree... tech has it's uses. In boy bars isn't one.

Though the real technological solution would be to have a website only served by the Bars WiFi, (so that Farang must visit bar to see who is on rotation) that displays profiles of all the boys on show, linked to their number tag, and when you want to call boy over, you do it on the website and boy's drink is automatically ordered at the same time.

That's how I would do it :)

3 hours ago, jason1975 said:

2500 upwards depending on bar

3 hours ago, jason1975 said:

2500 upwards depending on bar

Thanks. That's quite a lot for the attention  of a few boys for an hour or so, plus tips, since I gather the boys don't benefit  from the purchase of the bottle!

1 hour ago, Marc308 said:

Oh gosh I rarely disagree with Vinapu and Omega, but hey guys, technology can be our friend! For one, the dating apps freed us from the boring bars and pushy mamasans, oh wow that was a great technological advance. The Line menu of available masseurs was a massive improvement over the old way of "hoping for the best" when going to a massage shop.

Whether MFJ's idea of attaching QR codes instead of numbers would work is an open question, but at least you could learn something about the boy by getting some immediate feedback ("name", age, T/B, language proficiencies, size? ...)

Technology has made Lazada possible, Bolt possible, ghost kitchen meal delivery possible...

Someone clever will surely come up with a better way to breathe new life into the dying go-go bars. If not, the next generation (or current generation!) will put a nail in their coffin for sure. We, the retired and near-retired expats residents/visitors, do not have the financial profile nor the actuarial longevity that the industry needs to thrive.

Actuarial  longevity, gosh, such technical  terms.....

5 hours ago, Marc308 said:

Oh gosh I rarely disagree with Vinapu and Omega, but hey guys, technology can be our friend! For one, the dating apps freed us from the boring bars and pushy mamasans, oh wow that was a great technological advance. The Line menu of available masseurs was a massive improvement over the old way of "hoping for the best" when going to a massage shop.

nobody want's to get rid of technological advances. For sure they will stay with us. But overdoing it's usage may kill our fun and strip us from our privacy.

Apps freed us from boring bars and pushy mamasans but that is advantage only for those who consider bars boring and eschew human interaction. Sitting in hotel room perusing Grindr is enormous fun, I'm sure. But does it beat feeling boy sitting beside you ?

Line menu of available masseurs  is even greater but what if you try to book your favorite and first three are not available for this reason or that ?

Is boy checking his Facebook while you fuck or kiss him such desired technological advance ?

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

oopsy, my intention was never to lift the veil on the privacy of our guys.  The use of a technological solution was to be internal to the said bar/club where only you the customer would see your green laser pen (GLP) ID number and the manager/papasan/mammasan would also see the GLP ID number and perhaps the desired guy - but probably not as they are usually accessary free and we would not want them to be distracted from their sexy catwalk and/or show performance.

10 hours ago, omega said:

Though the real technological solution would be to have a website only served by the Bars WiFi, (so that Farang must visit bar to see who is on rotation) that displays profiles of all the boys on show, linked to their number tag, and when you want to call boy over, you do it on the website and boy's drink is automatically ordered at the same time.

and @omega this solution is even better than the one that I proposed.

Almost every time that I have proposed the use of QR codes - there has been forum member pushback - but yet we accept the age old "number tag" system ??

I see that nowadays in our world of AI that already Apple and Samsung are introducing AI rings (NO - not cock rings - yet  🤪)

image.png.39ee28ddf091eab702baf6547e717832.png

Maybe this would be a better solution than my proposed QR code idea and also to the current "number tag" system ?

7 hours ago, Marc308 said:

Thanks @Marc308 for your support on my idea.

7 hours ago, Marc308 said:

Whether MFJ's idea of attaching QR codes instead of numbers would work is an open question, but at least you could learn something about the boy by getting some immediate feedback ("name", age, T/B, language proficiencies, size? ...)

Technology has made Lazada possible, Bolt possible, ghost kitchen meal delivery possible...

Someone clever will surely come up with a better way to breathe new life into the dying go-go bars. If not, the next generation (or current generation!) will put a nail in their coffin for sure. We, the retired and near-retired expats residents/visitors, do not have the financial profile nor the actuarial longevity that the industry needs to thrive.

The intention of my idea was to empower us who are SHY here in this forum.  Many times I have accompanied our less SHY and famous forum members to the bar and they have no problems about getting what they want quickly and even sometimes at the protest of the obnoxious mamasans.   Unfortunately, I am SHY and I just cannot grow a pair of balls like these other forum members and I proposed this technology solution to help:

• find a way to overcome my shyness by empowering me with a technology solution,
  • a potential way to bypass and/or minimize the interaction of the obnoxious mamasans,
  • get me closer to the guys that I want so that I can do what humans do best - let us interact with each other in a less stress free way without the involvement of unnecessary intermediaries.
1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Sitting in hotel room perusing Grindr is enormous fun, I'm sure. But does it beat feeling boy sitting beside you ?

I want to sit in the exciting gogo bar/club BUT I want to be left alone to my own devices (pun intended) so that I can use technology to help my SHY personality to get what I want without the intervention of the obnoxious or pushy (Lurch from Moonlight comes to mind) mamasan.  Why should we allow the gogo bar/club scene be a stressful situation ?

1 hour ago, bkkmfj2648 said:
  • find a way to overcome my shyness by empowering me with a technology solution
  • a potential way to bypass and/or minimize the interaction of the obnoxious mamasans
  • get me closer to the guys that I want so that I can do what humans do best - let us interact with each other in a less stress free way without the involvement of unnecessary intermediaries.

So everybody would be pointing his camera to the stage or elsewhere to scan barcodes, but secretely taking pictures? I dont like this idea. This makes me really shy!

Would it even work in a dimly lit room to scan barcodes? Or if the boy is half hidden in second row? How would you in the future report "I offed Nr. 9", would you say "I offed barcode nr. 9-234234--535524546--62626266"? I dont think so.

If pushy mamasans are the problem, it would be the owners task to adress this problem. If the owner doesnt care and the mamasans are the real bosses, they wouldnt introduce barcodes to bypass themselves anyway.

The website needs constant updating, we know how well this works ... Do you really want to log in the wifi of the bar ... many dont like this for security reasons.

To sum it up, i think a simple thing becomes just more complicated in the end.

The real issue is that pushy/unfriendly mamasans can keep customers away from the bar and I wonder why owners dont care.

19 hours ago, paulsf said:

Boys don’t make any money from bottles, only when they get an individual drink.    

When they get individually served drinks, they have virtually no alcohol in them.
Buy a bottle or bottled beers and tip them what the bar would have paid them (20 baht per drink?).

3 hours ago, 10tazione said:

So everybody would be pointing his camera to the stage or elsewhere to scan barcodes, but secretely taking pictures? I dont like this idea. This makes me really shy!

Thanks for your comment - but please re-read what I wrote higher up in this thread.

image.png.894d847f20f90af03e90e5b142f89701.png

1.) no pointing of camera to the stage - as phone or camera is not required,

2.) no possibility of secretly taking pictures,

3.) no need to be shy - as everything is private as you would be using the SAME GLP (green laser pen) that the mamasan is using.