Raposa

Google reviews Ssense massage

This is a comment to Macaroni’s blogpost on google reviews here:

I have also noticed this practice at Ssense and it goes deep.

The masseurs that you find in the Line lineup of Ssense that you use if you make a reservation is ranked according to the number of reviews they got. A prize is handled out every month to the top 3. 

So you see now that Knott got first place in August, that is he was mentioned most the number of times in google reviews, whereas TongTong came in second place the number of times he was mentioned in google reviews in August and he is listed just after Knott in Line. Presumably the rankings will change in October to reflect the number of mentions in September. A masseur like Chok who has been with the parlour for a long time and has presumably amassed some experience comes towards the end of listings. The ranking is not based on masseur skill. These google reviews do influence the choice of masseur of at least one poster on this forum who explicitly changed his booking from Chok as he simply wasn’t mentioned too often in google reviews.

I also see that repeat customers are simply updating their old reviews with new dates if they have been treated by another masseur or the same masseur on multiple occasions. They simply add dates to the text.

I can’t say I like this management practice. However I generally don’t rely on google reviews as they wouldn’t mention the aspects that I’m interested in. There are special massage reviewers who publish in closed Line chat groups which provides you with a review of the “extras” as well as the type of shop it is.

Many businesses pushes / encourages their staff to get google review such as say a tailor/suit business in Hoi An to a hotel staff in Marriott Asia. However, how their reward and comps are tied to it is another matter…

Ssense is probably the only place that emphasizes google review. I reckon, none of the other massage places have even 100 reviews lol. 

I was there today. I had a great time. Great guy. Great massage. Clean place. The owner and the boy both asked for a review. They are trying to build a business so I get it. Review of cutie soon. Can you guess which one I chose? :)

18 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

I was there today. I had a great time. Great guy. Great massage. Clean place. The owner and the boy both asked for a review. They are trying to build a business so I get it. Review of cutie soon. Can you guess which one I chose? :)

Big?

55 minutes ago, Verchiele said:

If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't seem that Ssense is an H shop? (I am not sure but I can tell that they do the massage clothed). 

Ah, OK!

56 minutes ago, Verchiele said:

If I'm not mistaken, it doesn't seem that Ssense is an H shop? (I am not sure but I can tell that they do 

Perhaps  TotallyOz  can tell us more!

I've visited SSENSE quite a number of times during the last three years. I've always been asked to leave a review but didn't bother to post or update the first one I made. 

I agree that google reviews doesn't have much bearing for me for shops such as this ---- since it leaves out the detail that I am most interested in. 

The same can be said for rankings or the order their profile will be placed in the booking site. I will still scroll past their most decorated and awarded staff and keep scrolling down till I find the profile that makes my heart skip a beat.