Olddaddy

Is it ok to identify as a female?

Just looking at a news article in the UK ,a man (with a moustache) was asked to leave a female toilet in a Nightclub .♀️♀️

He told the security he identify as a female?

Obviously if he has evidence in the form of living like a female he could possibly sue ⚖️⚖️

Now in my part time job I work in a customer service environment where the public can use our toilets.

Occassionly a female customer will complain of males in the 🪠 toilet 🚽🚽your thoughts please on this matter ?

• Members

It depends on what they complain about. If the women complain that the man acted inappropriately, he should be confronted. If he dressed as a woman, and was obviously just trying to blend in, and she was just being a bitch, then you might explain that the women's room includes those who were assigned male at birth, but identify as women.

image.png.1c9b46fef45ad95729e954fbd3e29257.png

I think it just as likely that the men's room was full so he just decided, "fuck it, I'm pissing in the other one."

We have a gaming pub/restaurant here in portland that has a single huge bathroom. Everything is a completely private stall, everyone uses the same bathroom. Caught me a bit by surprise the first time being an old codger, but it works really well.

Like reader said, it just makes sense.

13 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Just looking at a news article in the UK ,a man (with a moustache) was asked to leave a female toilet in a Nightclub .♀️♀️

He told the security he identify as a female?

Obviously if he has evidence in the form of living like a female he could possibly sue ⚖️⚖️

Now in my part time job I work in a customer service environment where the public can use our toilets.

Occassionly a female customer will complain of males in the 🪠 toilet 🚽🚽your thoughts please on this matter ?

There should be a health warning that pops up before you read most UK news websites. They "adapt" stories to ensure maximum clickbait rage. I'd be very surprised if the facts of the story were accurate.

They frequently have to retract and remove articles because the people involved in the article complain  and threaten to sue. It still makes them money, because they get clicks for the 24 -48 hours the story is live; and thats about the useful lifetime of an online article anyway.

I'm for genederless toilets. Privacy assured by cubicles. And let society address the root of the problem of why women feel like they need safe spaces from men.

11 hours ago, omega said:

There should be a health warning that pops up before you read most UK news websites. They "adapt" stories to ensure maximum clickbait rage. I'd be very surprised if the facts of the story were accurate.

They frequently have to retract and remove articles because the people involved in the article complain  and threaten to sue. It still makes them money, because they get clicks for the 24 -48 hours the story is live; and thats about the useful lifetime of an online article anyway.

I'm for genederless toilets. Privacy assured by cubicles. And let society address the root of the problem of why women feel like they need safe spaces from men.

In principle  I agree. After all we have genderless  toilets  at home. However, I accept there can be a problem  where women feel threatened.  That could be largely dealt with by proper cubicles, and would be unlikely  to be a problem  in busy public spaces, stores, restaurants,  etc. It would  actually be an advantage  to women in places like theatres, etc, where the line for the often inadequate 'ladies' toilets is always massive. 

Maybe adopting a single unisex approach could have other advantages, in that women will see the lack of queues in gents toilets is down to following a simple routine. Walk in, take a slash then walk out. Simples. The time they waste talking before selecting a cubicle, sitting down whilst on their phone, washing hands, talking again whilst  checking their phone again, applying makeup, talking again, checking their phone yet again, taking a selfie so they can check their makeup, if no corrections required; then leaving, no doubt talking to the queue as they leave.

6 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

It would  actually be an advantage  to women in places like theatres, etc, where the line for the often inadequate 'ladies' toilets is always massive. 

Perhaps an advantage for the women - but then for us men where we don't need the cubicle (if the need is only to take a piss) we just use one of the gazillion urinals that are lined up next to each other.

Imagine that they remove the urinals to install toilet cubicles - then I believe that there would then be a line also for men - as the now unisex bathroom that has been refitted for cubicles only would take up more space than the former urinals - thus resulting in a capacity issue for those that want to only pee - creating the potential for queuing up during peak usage periods.

I remember back in the late 1980s the first time that I went to a nudist camp that only had unisex bathroom.  It was an awkward situation for me when a young girl pointed me out - when I was peeing in the urinal - to her mother - when the young girl said, mommy I want to pee like that man is instead of waiting for a cubicle to free up.  The mother replied by pointing to my penis saying to her daughter - sorry you cannot because you do not have that.

It was an uncomfortable situation - but then again - it was my first ever participation in a nudist colony.

Wait till she joins a Rugby club and gets into some serious drinking. Bumped into quite a few lasses using the urinals over the years. And as Michael Caine often relates the advice John Wayne gave him on his first trip to Hollywood, the girls adhered to his advice of "don't wear swede shoes"! 

On 9/29/2024 at 5:58 AM, bkkmfj2648 said:

Perhaps an advantage for the women - but then for us men where we don't need the cubicle (if the need is only to take a piss) we just use one of the gazillion urinals that are lined up next to each other.

Imagine that they remove the urinals to install toilet cubicles - then I believe that there would then be a line also for men - as the now unisex bathroom that has been refitted for cubicles only would take up more space than the former urinals - thus resulting in a capacity issue for those that want to only pee - creating the potential for queuing up during peak usage periods.

I remember back in the late 1980s the first time that I went to a nudist camp that only had unisex bathroom.  It was an awkward situation for me when a young girl pointed me out - when I was peeing in the urinal - to her mother - when the young girl said, mommy I want to pee like that man is instead of waiting for a cubicle to free up.  The mother replied by pointing to my penis saying to her daughter - sorry you cannot because you do not have that.

It was an uncomfortable situation - but then again - it was my first ever participation in a nudist colony.

You are right about capacity issues, trying to convert current  male and female  toilets into all cubicles, would result in around 50 per cent reduction  in total capacity. There is no space for expansion in most toilet areas. In addition,  the cost would be astronomic, and I can't see the money being available.  So, current situation liable to continue. 

• Members

Yesterday, we went to a restaurant which had two bathrooms, both just individual single-use rooms. I didn't see the point of it, but one was marked male and one female. The male one was busy for 5 minutes, and I almost went into the women's one, when an employee came out, looking a little embarrassed. I didn't hear the toilet flushing, so I suspect he wasn't using the bathroom for its intended purpose. I gave him a bit of a glare. With single-use rooms, I don't see a point, other than potentially preventing two women from clogging up both rooms, when a man wants to do #1. I wouldn't have felt badly about using the one marked "women," since I was only there for #1, so wouldn't have been in for even 2 minutes.