abidismaili

Last week of the year busy or like low season?

I want to experience high season again for the 2nd time in 10 years (I normally go March, October or in between).

I was thinking about the last week of this year. But then this has Christmas. Maybe this is a time when many tourists stay home,  because the Christmas period is generally a time when the extended family comes together.

So my question is: to experience high season is the last week of the year maybe a bad idea because it will feel more like low season because of the reason outlined above?

28 minutes ago, MaxBKK said:

It's crowded and festive that week and through the New Year. Nice time to visit if you're looking for a different time of year than your past visits.

Also more boys in the bars in Jomtien or at massage places? Or that is the same? Only difference is there are more tourists ? Or there is a significant quality and quantity difference in the money boys available ?

Christmas is a normal working day in Thailand so although there will be countless 'melly chlismas' decorations around, the only celebrations such as Christmas Dinners etc. will be in farang bars and international hotels.
By New Year's Eve, the tourist areas will be crazily packed leading up to midnight on NYE.
Thais will enjoy this and celebrate even though their New Year is not till April.
These areas, Silom, Siam Square, Kao San Road etc. will get frighteningly packed.
Beware pickpockets. Beware pickpockets! (yes, I said it twice). Impossible to get taxi at normal prices. (Skytrain and subway late closing (01 or 02?).
Have fun. Certainly more than March or October😂🤣🙏.

Being in Bangkok last Christmas and New Year I found that Hotel prices were significantly higher than in mid January for example. I also found less availability of guys online and more competition in the bars. Prime Massage were booked solid for three days ahead! 

More likely to go in February in future.

48 minutes ago, khaolakguy said:

Being in Bangkok last Christmas and New Year I found that Hotel prices were significantly higher than in mid January for example. I also found less availability of guys online and more competition in the bars. Prime Massage were booked solid for three days ahead! 

More likely to go in February in future.

Does prime massage take Line booking at all?