Tawan Forever

Tawan/The One report

3 hours ago, Department_Of_Agriculture said:

That was not the original venue. Tawan's original venue was on Suriwong Road back in the 1980s

Oh I missed that one!

Love to see any pics of the venue if you have any!

Yesterday I visited various gay travel sites and forums to notify that Tawan had been resurrected. One of the sites clearly stated that it was closed.

So, let's keep spreading the word. I want Tawan to be around when I next return to Bangkok.

I agree with Tawan Forever that they need to spread the word themselves through the various social media sites. I am still in touch with one of the guys who works there (I took him back to my hotel a few times) and he said that he's getting next to no business.

And, yes, I agree with Tawan Forever as to why you would want to have a drag queen at The One. I could go to another bar if I wanted that type of show.

2 hours ago, Kiwi306 said:

Yesterday I visited various gay travel sites and forums to notify that Tawan had been resurrected. One of the sites clearly stated that it was closed.

So, let's keep spreading the word. I want Tawan to be around when I next return to Bangkok.

I agree with Tawan Forever that they need to spread the word themselves through the various social media sites. I am still in touch with one of the guys who works there (I took him back to my hotel a few times) and he said that he's getting next to no business.

And, yes, I agree with Tawan Forever as to why you would want to have a drag queen at The One. I could go to another bar if I wanted that type of show.

I'm still shocked that every BKK local I spoke to thought it was still closed all these months later... A situation easy fixed if they popped a few posts on their socials (Should have been saturation for the reopening) I may have to go over and manage the place myself! :)

Would strongly agree with you @bkkmfj2648. I regularly have to visit TukCom and always get my Bolt from the back door. The boys at the massage shop across the Soi are always head down on their phones, of if they put their head up, it's because they're having a smoke. Same with the shop next to the French Restaurant round the corner. No concept of trying to connect with a potential punter.

If using Google for investigation / reasearch purposes, no recent reviews to give the impression they're actually open for business, or they've improved  since their last review back in 2017!

Also find any guys offering Massage services on TF or Grindr, soon as you push them for details of their facilities, you're then acknowledged with silence.

Get the impression the concept of Marketing is viewed as a farang thing out here, so must very bad.

16 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Unfortunately, I have heard horrible stories where if someone reports you as being a money boy (MB) on Grindr or by Grindr themselves they block them at the mobile phone level - meaning that if they even change the email that Grindr associates them with - that Grindr will still block them as somehow Grindr can see the device ID and know that it is them that they already blocked,

some of them are shrewd  using phrases as "not for fun" or just ' available" , also   corrupted forms like ' muny " or inserting signs like $ or just letter S

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

some of them are shrewd  using phrases as "not for fun" or just ' available" , also   corrupted forms like ' muny " or inserting signs like $ or just letter S

Diamond emoji has also been used

9 hours ago, siriusBE said:

Diamond emoji has also been used

I haven't seen the diamond emoji for some time. I wonder if Grindr got wise to it?

On 10/11/2024 at 5:22 PM, bkkmfj2648 said:

Unfortunately, I have heard horrible stories where if someone reports you as being a money boy (MB) on Grindr or by Grindr themselves they block them at the mobile phone level - meaning that if they even change the email that Grindr associates them with - that Grindr will still block them as somehow Grindr can see the device ID and know that it is them that they already blocked

Yes it happened to me !

I received a warning ,I think it's "key words" they are using and no one reported me 

For example how much ? And maybe numbers ?

Anyone they blocked me ,I tried many times with new email but still blocked ,ended up buying another phone😡😠

13 minutes ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Then for us on the consumer side - we can't find the guys we want because they are not on Grindr for a myriad of reasons. 

Yes I had only just taken out a monthly subscription too 

Had to try to cancel but no refund 

Another warning 5 minutes ago on my new email 😂

That was just after I wrote " how much " to a guy so it's definitely key words which must come up as a red flag 🇦🇱

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

so it's definitely key words which must come up as a red flag

or someone reports you for asking "how much" - as there is paranoia on both sides (supposed worker + potential client) with the way that Grinder polices their app traffic - which in my opinion should be confidential.

On 10/13/2024 at 9:18 AM, bkkmfj2648 said:

Grindr acts like RyanAir where they try to make you pay for every single basic feature.

I only use free version of Grindr and if nothing interesting / available there I just go to the bars.

On 10/13/2024 at 8:34 PM, Olddaddy said:

Yes I had only just taken out a monthly subscription too 

Had to try to cancel but no refund 

Another warning 5 minutes ago on my new email 😂

That was just after I wrote " how much " to a guy so it's definitely key words which must come up as a red flag 🇦🇱

Oops. I wrote to few guys today how much they ask for "massage and sex". But onky after they stated very clear they are moneyboys. So these guys will not report me, but wondering if grindr scans conversations for "red flags". If so, I might be banned also. 🤔🤣

5 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

Oops. I wrote to few guys today how much they ask for "massage and sex". But onky after they stated very clear they are moneyboys. So these guys will not report me, but wondering if grindr scans conversations for "red flags". If so, I might be banned also. 🤔🤣

relax, most likely you won't based on my experience from last trip in Aug , 

I had money conversation with two different boys I described somewhere  else here already, one lead to naught but other one was fruitful and I'm still there. 

Did not see recently boys in question posting though,  but it may be simply different timing or me not  combing through offerings deep enough as I'm home , not in Bangkok so I do it only for fun.

13 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Thank God that there are alternative apps 👍🤩

First contact on Grindr and the switch to Line/Signal whatsoever