Tawan Forever

Tawan/The One report

1 hour ago, siriusBE said:

First contact on Grindr and the switch to Line/Signal whatsoever

yes - perfect plan - even include WhatsApp - but here in Thailand most of the guys use LINE.

The alternate apps (Hornet, PlanetRomeo, Heesay {ex BLUED}, etcetra) allow you to see guys that are not in Grindr because of their broken kaleidoscope approach to the way they conduct their business.

I don't know how this thread about Tawan ended up in a discussion about hookup apps, but... 

1 hour ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

The alternate apps (Hornet, PlanetRomeo, Heesay {ex BLUED}, etcetra) allow you to see guys that are not in Grindr because of their broken kaleidoscope approach to the way they conduct their business.

Because I know there are more (local) guys on Hornet or Heesay than on Grindr I have profiles on all apps. But still I think Grindr is the most easy and friendly to use. Specially when you are paid member. 

Heesay had so many ads popping up and also very limited amount of profiles visable. When trying to apply for paid version I found out that's not possible as Google Play account in Europeans where paid Heesay is not available... By the way their promotion is not very good... Discount price same as normal price? 😂

Screenshot_20241015_213443.thumb.jpg.272a38a2914412046349016359854c20.jpg

Hornet is possible for me to get paid membership. Only 99baht for a month. Think I will try out. For that low price even if it doesn't work out and does not lead to a new load of hot boys it's still oke... Lol

Hornet is good value for money - my annual subscription is $29.99 per year and they don't add extra fees like Grindr does in case you want to know who looked at your profile - that is free.  You also can follow other profiles and see who is following that profile and also see who is following your profile - great for knowing which birds of the same feather flock together - a BIG help when you are looking for similar minded people (i.e. who might have a proclivity for similar sexual activities)

Meanwhile, greedy Grindr costs $19.99 per month and you need to pay extra if you want to know who looked at your profile and I do not believe that there isn't any follow member feature ?

So, the cost for 1.5 months of Grindr is equivalent to 12 months on Hornet.

Lastly, Heesay's annual subscription costs $59.99 - equivalent to 3 months of Grindr

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

beautiful, reminds me buying small picture in Myanmar : ' how much  is that picture ?" , answer " 7000 Kyat but we have promotion : 2 for 16000 "

Remember the Leonard Rossiter series, where he had a shop called Grot, and did the same thing! Sorry, showing my age here.....

6 hours ago, Foolish said:

I went to Tawan earlier this year before it closed and the show was surprisingly good and while pushy for tips, it wasn't that bad.

But from the recent reports it seems that it should be best avoided now...and that's a pity

I wouldn't say' best to be avoided " as it's not true.

Better statement would be 'trim your expectancies before you go". Fun is still to be had there, it's just  bit harder to come by at this time.

On 10/7/2024 at 5:39 PM, Department_Of_Agriculture said:

That was not the original venue. Tawan's original venue was on Suriwong Road back in the 1980s

Not going back that far, but many might not remember that the previous location, across the soi, was at first only half the size.  It was only a bit wider than the current site.  At some point they expanded back behind / to the right of entry of the entry door.  

I think I once saw Tawan on the original Suriwong location but didn't visit it there.  I imagine they regularly had competition level bodybuilders then, as they did in the early days of the Soi Tawan

Sorry for the interruption to the non-Tawan discussion in this thread  😆

I agree with Vinapu need to try and keep a focus, I loved Tawan for many years in its former larger premises and also current location and checked regularly when last in Bangkok in March, always hopeful when I noticed someone had maybe entered the sadly closed bar at that time that it might re open during my stay - sadly didn't! 

I am back in Bangkok next month after an initial week in Pattaya and will certainly check it out and feedback with my humble opinion to anyone interested on this board