Leverend

How safe is BKK massage shop

Hi everyone,

i got diagnosed to have syphilis after having some fun in one of BKK massage places.

Just wondering if the boys in the shop do have their regular checkups? I always have impression that the owner will always encourage them to do regular STD testing. 

i’d like to encourage everyone to get tested regularly as well because it happened to me :(

I always assume everyone has every disease ever imagined. I'm pretty sure I caught COVID last time from a masseur who was sweating a lot and in retrospect likely had a fever. I always play safe though sometimes it's really hard (pun..) to do that. 

I think it's safe to say that they are not compelled to have checkups and until there is some sort of government regulation (which would mean admitting what goes on...) that will never happen.

On 9/26/2024 at 10:54 AM, Leverend said:

Hi everyone,

i got diagnosed to have syphilis after having some fun in one of BKK massage places.

Just wondering if the boys in the shop do have their regular checkups? 

Be grateful that it was only syphilis that you caught! Don’t rely on others for your protection, but by protecting yourself you are also protecting others

Any sex act with strangers (be it hookup, at bath house, gogo dancer, massage parlor) carries risk. 

One way to mitigate STI is through taking DoxyPrep which reportedly reduces 87% chance.

Wondering if you had unprotected sex (anal) and whether you saw any symptoms like blisters or wound