reader

Foreigner Dies After Falling from Pattaya Condo

From Pattaya News

A foreign man was found dead after falling from a high-rise condominium in Pattaya early on September 23rd, 2024.

The tragic incident was reported to Pattaya police at 3:36 AM today. Authorities promptly went to the scene at an unidentified condominium along Thappraya Road in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province.

Upon arrival, they found the body of an unidentified foreign man, aged between 40-50, lying lifeless next to a Jeep, in the condo’s parking lot beside the 22-storey building. The man, who was completely naked, had apparently fallen and landed on a Suzuki Ciaz sedan, causing its windshield to break and the hood to cave in.

Condo staff members could not identify the deceased, nor could they confirm which floor or room he had fallen from.

According to Mr. Thanabat Duangchan, a 32-year-old condo receptionist, he and others were chatting when they heard a loud noise. Mr. Thanabat initially thought that a transformer had exploded, but when he and others went to the scene to check, they were shocked to discover the man had fallen onto the front of the sedan, prompting Mr. Thanabat to immediately notify the relevant authorities.

https://thepattayanews.com/2024/09/23/unidentified-foreigner-dies-after-falling-from-pattaya-condo/

Wow @reader from the photos in that article, it looks like the same condo building where I live.

It must have happened last night ?  I was not aware of anything.

When I came home today after the gym and to see the testosterone doctor - I saw the police in the security room looking at the CCTV footage.

So, now the Pattaya Flying Club is too close to home.....

I will ask the security team tomorrow if they know what happened....

5 minutes ago, reader said:

I'd be curious to know the height of your balcony railings.

I just measured it now - 120 cm - so almost 4 feet.

image.png.2204f2aa4ae085291a794f9f21348d44.png

That is pretty high - I would need to make a big effort to overcome it.

image.thumb.png.be5e96a5aa5233eb04346b19419e6437.png

Excuse the tacky rainbow colored windmill. 

I have them on all of the balcony poles as they help to scare the BIG birds away that like to come and poop on the balcony.

2 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I just measured it now - 120 cm - so almost 4 feet.

image.png.2204f2aa4ae085291a794f9f21348d44.png

That is pretty high - I would need to make a big effort to overcome it.

image.thumb.png.be5e96a5aa5233eb04346b19419e6437.png

Excuse the tacky rainbow colored windmill. 

I have them on all of the balcony poles as they help to scare the BIG birds away that like to come and poop on the balcony.

I hope this is not the beginning of another rush to join the PFC...

Very sad day today.

So, I wake up this morning to go to the gym but before leaving the condo complex I show the security team the article from a Thai news source. 

https://news1live.com/detail/9670000088988

They confirm to me that it was in fact our condo building and they tell me the following additional facts:

• Italian man,
  • 19th floor - parking lot side of the building

They seemed reluctant to reveal any more information to me when I pushed them so I backed off.

Then I went to the outside parking lot to see the damaged car which was hit by the naked Italian's falling body.

It had rained heavily last night - so any gore or blood residue was already washed away.

damaged_car_from_suicide.thumb.jpg.f1313a83a22a32a346eac2a76179dd49.jpg

I then looked up to see if I could locate the 19th floor balcony

image.png.a5f967c5c111b147d46322697e2c9ee0.png

Then I walked to my gym and I cried most of the way.  I do not believe that I know this Italian - but you never know, as Jomtien is a small village - especially for us who live here year round.

I sent via LINE the above article to my Thai gym trainer just seconds before I entered into the gym.  They saw that I was quite upset and I asked them if they knew what happened.  My gym trainer did not, but the gym manager did, as she has a friend who lives in the same building.  She was able to give me one additional detail:

• This Italian man was 57 years old.

Nobody (gym people or my security team) could explain why this Italian man was naked.

I lived and worked in Italy for 12 years and it is not normal for Italian people to be naked - as this might bring about more shame to an already difficult event.

Complete gym workout and then went to breakfast and I wrote to my ex - as he owns a bar in the Jomtien Complex to ask him if he knows anything and unfortunately he does not.

Returned home and I chatted via LINE with my realty lady and she told me that she did know this Italian guy and the only additional detail that she could share with me was that this Italian man was very sick.  However, this still does not explain why he was completely naked.

Now they are towing the damaged car away as it seems that the police have finished their investigation.  I do not know which condo neighbor's car was damaged.

towing_away_the_damaged_car.thumb.jpg.1de95494389bd01781b8e1345960b35a.jpg

This entire event has made me melancholy, depressed, and reflective of an excellent post that our @Olddaddy wrote in this forum on 29 July 2022:

I normally do not go out in the night when I have my gym training the next day (wake up at 6:15am) - but I told my Thai friend that I need to not be alone tonight and for us to go do something fun to get my mind off of this morbid event.  This poor Italian guy lived on the next higher floor from me - so close to where my condo room is - just the idea of sitting on your balcony and a human body flies by to his death is just upsetting me soo much.  Thank GOD that I did not witness this event.

I apologize to all of you to be so down today - as most of you who know me know that I am normally always positive and happy - but this PFC event is too close to home to just shrug it off....

1 hour ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Very sad day today.

So, I wake up this morning to go to the gym but before leaving the condo complex I show the security team the article from a Thai news source. 

https://news1live.com/detail/9670000088988

They confirm to me that it was in fact our condo building and they tell me the following additional facts:

• Italian man,
  • 19th floor - parking lot side of the building

They seemed reluctant to reveal any more information to me when I pushed them so I backed off.

Then I went to the outside parking lot to see the damaged car which was hit by the naked Italian's falling body.

It had rained heavily last night - so any gore or blood residue was already washed away.

damaged_car_from_suicide.thumb.jpg.f1313a83a22a32a346eac2a76179dd49.jpg

I then looked up to see if I could locate the 19th floor balcony

image.png.a5f967c5c111b147d46322697e2c9ee0.png

Then I walked to my gym and I cried most of the way.  I do not believe that I know this Italian - but you never know, as Jomtien is a small village - especially for us who live here year round.

I sent via LINE the above article to my Thai gym trainer just seconds before I entered into the gym.  They saw that I was quite upset and I asked them if they knew what happened.  My gym trainer did not, but the gym manager did, as she has a friend who lives in the same building.  She was able to give me one additional detail:

• This Italian man was 57 years old.

Nobody (gym people or my security team) could explain why this Italian man was naked.

I lived and worked in Italy for 12 years and it is not normal for Italian people to be naked - as this might bring about more shame to an already difficult event.

Complete gym workout and then went to breakfast and I wrote to my ex - as he owns a bar in the Jomtien Complex to ask him if he knows anything and unfortunately he does not.

Returned home and I chatted via LINE with my realty lady and she told me that she did know this Italian guy and the only additional detail that she could share with me was that this Italian man was very sick.  However, this still does not explain why he was completely naked.

Now they are towing the damaged car away as it seems that the police have finished their investigation.  I do not know which condo neighbor's car was damaged.

towing_away_the_damaged_car.thumb.jpg.1de95494389bd01781b8e1345960b35a.jpg

This entire event has made me melancholy, depressed, and reflective of an excellent post that our @Olddaddy wrote in this forum on 29 July 2022:

I normally do not go out in the night when I have my gym training the next day (wake up at 6:15am) - but I told my Thai friend that I need to not be alone tonight and for us to go do something fun to get my mind off of this morbid event.  This poor Italian guy lived on the next higher floor from me - so close to where my condo room is - just the idea of sitting on your balcony and a human body flies by to his death is just upsetting me soo much.  Thank GOD that I did not witness this event.

I apologize to all of you to be so down today - as most of you who know me know that I am normally always positive and happy - but this PFC event is too close to home to just shrug it off....

I am sorry to hear that you were so closely involved.

1 hour ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

This is shocking and I hope that you are okay. Unfortunately, life throws these awful curve balls at times and it makes us appreciate the good things in our lives x

There have been some small updates / corrections regarding this event.

https://asiapacificpress.com/648/italian-tourist-66-dies-naked-falling-from-condo-in-pattaya-thailand

In summary, what we know so far is:

• Italian citizen,
  • The above news article has named this person as, Fausto Chiossi, from Capri, Italy,
  • Previously, his age was reported as 57, but instead the above news article states that he was 66 years old,
  • Condo he was renting was on the 19th floor - parking lot facing part of the building - as shown in the video in the above referenced news article.

The above article states the following:  '.... The man's body will undergo a post-mortem exam to find the exact cause of his death.'

Consequently, I have asked one of my good Italian friends to monitor the local news in Italy to see if anything has been reported over in Italy.  I have also checked Italian news sources and it appears that nothing has yet been posted about this tragic event.  Perhaps the post-mortem exam has not yet been handed over to the Italian embassy in Bangkok ?

Today I went to Ayutthaya with the 2 women who clean my condo, with one of their husbands, and we discussed this event at great length - I can share the following additional information - but it is NOT substantiated - and is just hearsay.

The additional information is that several cleaners were requested to clean Mr Chiossi's room - as it was (unsubstantiated) reported that there was a lot of blood and disorder to clean up.  On the day that solicitations went out to recruit cleaners - my 2 cleaners were not available - and after hearing what the other cleaners saw, they told me that they were glad that they were not available on that day.

I can state that many of my fellow farang neighbors are quite concerned about this event.  In addition, the security team has greatly increased their controls - as some of my Thai friends have not been permitted to come upstairs (for the last 18 months they have been allowed to come up on their own) and I had to come downstairs to retrieve them and one of the security team specifically asked me if I would be ok with my guests - for which I replied - all is good - they are from the beach volleyball team.  Then after our meeting concluded, I went down with my 2 guests to let security know that I am alive and ok.

When I know more I will post about it here.