Olddaddy

Your best phone for photos

Mods if this is in the wrong forum please move it I can't find where to "put it" 

But next trip (next week)🕺🕺💃I plan to take a lot of pics and videos 

I'm due for a new phone as I had this Samsung whatever it is got over 4 years☎️ and the quality is not that good 📱📞

Anyone can suggest a good phone (not too expensive) for taking clear pictures 

What sort of phone do you use for pics & videos if your taking them ?

I used to travel with my phone and a normal Canon camera.

The camera took better pics - you could see more detail if you zoomed in. It had a larger sensor.

Then I bought a Samsung galaxy s23 ultra and now I've ditched the camera.

Now that  the s24 is now out, you should be able to pick up an s23 for a reasonable price.

39 minutes ago, a-447 said:

I used to travel with my phone and a normal Canon camera.

The camera took better pics - you could see more detail if you zoomed in. It had a larger sensor.

Then I bought a Samsung galaxy s23 ultra and now I've ditched the camera.

Now that  the s24 is now out, you should be able to pick up an s23 for a reasonable price.

I have an Samsung A23, photos are good enough for me. An expensive  camera, however would, i believe,  always be better, but more effort required!

6 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

An expensive  camera, however would, i believe,  always be better, but more effort required!

I found it cumbersome to carry the camera around - it was small but quite heavy. 

The phone camera allows you to do in-camera processing and editing on the run. Great for posting to Facebook.

The camera comes into its own if you are planning on printing the photos.

The photographer is typically the most important variable in any photograph.

I just picked up the new Google Pixel 9 Pro. Last year's Pixel 8 models had similar camera hardware and computational photography tools. So, you might consider a Pixel 8 since it will be less expensive now.

IPhone's have pretty good photography reputations but they're not exactly cheap unless you go for an older model.

There was an interesting article in yesterday's UK Daily Mail, about a TicToc influencer who did a camera review of the iPhone 13Pro, 14Pro, 15Pro and the 16Pro. Mounted all 4 phones onto the same tripod and took a variety of photos on all 4 phones at the same time. The conclusion was there's practically no difference across the 4 models in terms of photo quality. Therefore, the latest model isn't always the best.

I stick with Samsung, Galaxy A32 (2021) , Galaxy S9+ (2018) & a Galaxy A20e (2019). Thailand, UK & AUS phones. All bought second hand, normally 2 years after their release, the A32 was only  2500THB in Jan, currently retails at $250 new in the USA. All have excellent built in cameras. All take brilliant pics for digital photo album or uploading to e-mails etc. As @fedssocr said above, (The photographer is typically the most important variable in any photograph. ). Follow the basic rules on how your subject is illuminated and you can't go wrong. 

@Olddaddy, if you want to score a good second hand phone in Bangkok; visit Fortune Town by Rama 9 Station, or Tukcom if in Pattaya.