Marc308

BINGO! The latest innovation?

BINGO wow that's the most exciting innovation I have heard of from Jomtien in YEARS!! :0 Some genius at @Home must have dreamt that one up to excite the crowds! Seriously folks, aren't there better ways to "have fun" than sit around punishing our livers while passively oogling the merchandise?

You know many years ago Jim Lumsden and Gordon May came to town and built Boys Boys Boys and the Ambiance Hotel and totally revolutionized the gay scene in Pattaya. It was hard work, and risky work.

Just WHEN is the next generation of innovators going to remake our precious city into an appropriate 21st century scene? The current "ambiance" doesn't appear to be working for anyone under 50. Just stroll through JC to see the graying of our compatriots. The clock is ticking!

3 hours ago, Marc308 said:

Just WHEN is the next generation of innovators going to remake our precious city into an appropriate 21st century scene? The current "ambiance" doesn't appear to be working for anyone under 50. 

that should be easy. Just to ensure every single chair is attached to free smartphone. No need for boys , waiters or even beer as all patrons under 50 will be surfing net and checking their social media.

5 hours ago, Marc308 said:

BINGO wow that's the most exciting innovation I have heard of from Jomtien in YEARS!! :0 Some genius at @Home must have dreamt that one up to excite the crowds! Seriously folks, aren't there better ways to "have fun" than sit around punishing our livers while passively oogling the merchandise?

You know many years ago Jim Lumsden and Gordon May came to town and built Boys Boys Boys and the Ambiance Hotel and totally revolutionized the gay scene in Pattaya. It was hard work, and risky work.

Just WHEN is the next generation of innovators going to remake our precious city into an appropriate 21st century scene? The current "ambiance" doesn't appear to be working for anyone under 50. Just stroll through JC to see the graying of our compatriots. The clock is ticking!

Wow @Marc308 - what you write is so poignant.  I retired here just 2 years ago - and I am already bored with the sterile atmosphere in both Boyztown and in the Jomtien Supertown Complex, as there is a lack of imagination to create some new innovative excitement.  

Every time a new bar opens - I get so hopeful - as I see that the new owners put a lot of money into it (the new East Lounge comes to mind) - but then the bar program remains the same as all of the other bars - "farang sit and farang drink...."

and yes I agree, we need some NEW Jim Lumsden and Gordon May to come to town to liven things up here....

Lastly, I have recently started to join the weekly BINGO event - to please my gym trainer - as she says - let us go there and liven that place up - so we try to come with fellow gym friends and be crazy - so perhaps there is hope....

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

No need for boys , waiters or even beer as all patrons under 50 will be surfing net and checking their social media.

sounds what the nomad workers call a Nomad Coworking Space - but in this instance it would be for purposes of cruising.

but at least the bar should have a one drink minimum or rental fee to sit and "work" - like the Nomad Coworking Spaces do.....

Years ago, during the rainy season in Silom Soi 4 a bar tied tried a promotion.
If it rained any time after 9 P.M., customers would be issued with lucky number tickets, then a lottery would be held for the winner.
After a while, the police arrived and locked up the manager for the night for gambling!
Rumours had it that they had been reported to the fuzz by a rival bar.

A few points.

1. Younger generations tend to be less wealthy at their stage of life than the generations that came before them. The don't have the same wealth to spend. Wealth distribution is skewed very heavily towards the older generations at the moment. Rent/Mortgage costs as percentage of income is much, much higher than in the past.

2. There is a lot more acceptance and freedom at home. They don't feel the need to escape half way around the world to enjoy gay fun.

3. There is lots of exciting options closer to home for a gay holiday.

4. Grindr. So much easier to meet guys closer to home, even those in relatively rural areas.

5. Younger guys have little interest in the 'farang sit, farang drink' model. They want a party.

1 hour ago, omega said:

Younger guys have little interest in the 'farang sit, farang drink' model. They want a party

Yes very good point.

The younger Asian guys (tourists)  want to dance and I believe are not into paying for sexual services.

Whilst I have never participated, I have been in the vicinity of Home bar during the bingo and it's usually standing room only each Wednesday Bingo night.

So it is a very popular night out. I have heard plenty of departing expats tell their friends that they will see them again the next week. Seems it works for them and the people that enjoy it

40 minutes ago, colmx said:

Whilst I have never participated, I have been in the vicinity of Home bar during the bingo and it's usually standing room only each Wednesday Bingo night

Oh I won't be standing when I arrive in 2 weeks,I fly business class and I won't even line up to exit the airport so certainly won't be standing up at a Bingo meet, I will have to demand VIP seating !😐

Who is the owner? I will tell him I know Vinapu 😂

27 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

I doubt he knows me or even heard about me. Jomtien Complex is my hunting ground to very limited extend and even at that , I usually engage massage  rather tah bar boys from there. But need to add one of my best boys ever , Z,  was from @home bar

31 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Oh I won't be standing when I arrive in 2 weeks,I fly business class and I won't even line up to exit the airport so certainly won't be standing up at a Bingo meet, I will have to demand VIP seating !😐

Congrats you must have won the lottery Olddaddy. Usually you’re very thrifty. But glad you’re flying first class, life is short.

The bingo is very popular, so why not keep it. When I played once, I couldn’t understand the announcer with his thick accent. I might have won but I wouldn’t have known it.

2 minutes ago, Shonen said:

Congrats you must have won the lottery Olddaddy. Usually you’re very thrifty. But glad you’re flying first class, life is short.

The bingo is very popular, so why not keep it. When I played once, I couldn’t understand the announcer with his thick accent. I might have won but I wouldn’t have known it.

😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 I think he is Scottish 

4 minutes ago, Shonen said:

Life is short 

But I now have a Filipino boyfriend who earns more money than me so I take advantage of his salary,after all he is getting my apartment in Sydney when I kick the 🪣 

He asked me today ( Saturday) whether he thinks he should work an overtime shift, I said yes I think so 😂more $$$ for me to spend in Thailand