Patanawet

New online site like Lazada

Temu is a very well known, Chinese, dirt cheap outfit. I have bought from them, and they are reliable. Items arrive as specified.  Quality, however, is variable. Some things have been great value, some were rubbish. But all were cheap! There is quite a lot of discussion in the press about slave labour, in particular  Uighur labour. So there are issues.

Thanks Keith. I've now googled them.
They seem to be like the others --- a portal for outside manufacturers and dealers.
They claim that they have no control over morals of their suppliers.
A bit worrying about Shopee and Lazada now (both Chinese).

and do we really need all that stuff ? As I age I noticed that  goodies accumulated start unnerving me , like they are more in charge of me than me in charge of them.

For last few years I noticed I shop very little and bar few books I did not manage to read yet, mostly stuff I really consume and use. Feels like liberation and reduces trips to garbage chute as well.

I've never had the occasion to use any of the internet services above. However, I've shopped in person at Home Pro and Big C many times and was never once disappointed.

For the same reason I don't like Grindr (et al) is because I want to see and inspect the item before acquiring it. I've found the staff at both stores very helpful.

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

and do we really need all that stuff ? As I age I noticed that  goodies accumulated start unnerving me , like they are more in charge of me than me in charge of them.

For last few years I noticed I shop very little and bar few books I did not manage to read yet, mostly stuff I really consume and use. Feels like liberation and reduces trips to garbage chute as well.

I've been decluttering my home in phases. Now that I've been working from home full time I don't need a lot of clothes I've accumulated over the years. So I donated a car full. And still have too much left. It does feel liberating to get rid of things.

Up until three years ago I was paying $135 per month for a storage bin. Finally cut the cord and disposed of just about everything (some through donations and others through consignment shop).  Hardest things initially to part ways with were books but they'd served their purpose and are easily recycled.

Agree it was liberating as Vinapu and Fedssocr describe above.

38 minutes ago, reader said:

Up until three years ago I was paying $135 per month for a storage bin. Finally cut the cord and disposed of just about everything (some through donations and others through consignment shop).  Hardest things initially to part ways with were books but they'd served their purpose and are easily recycled.

Agree it was liberating as Vinapu and Fedssocr describe above.

I wish I could do that. I am still acquiring more things, in my 70s,  books, cds, clothes, etc, I have a 14 room house rather full!

I find books are always the hardest to let go, "I sure I will read that again".  Especially the case as I don't recall much of the plot from the first time around!

There is a small pile, perhaps 10% of those read, that I am ready to let go(although haven't yet!)

On 9/14/2024 at 1:47 PM, reader said:

I've never had the occasion to use any of the internet services above. However, I've shopped in person at Home Pro and Big C many times and was never once disappointed.

For the same reason I don't like Grindr (et al) is because I want to see and inspect the item before acquiring it. I've found the staff at both stores very helpful.

You can get Grindr-type commodities at Home Pro and Big C?! 😄