12is12

Grindr location options?

At the moment it is not possible. Only using “explore” you can see users in other location. According to Grindr web they are working on it and shortly will be ready a new option called “roaming” where you can locate your profile wherever you want in the world for just one hour. Otherwise, you have the option to instalate in your phone any App which allow you select your location as if your phone was there. 

Why would you spend time on this before arriving?  As another poster stated it is unlikely that you end up actually meeting guys you have connected with in advance; for several reasons. Secondly to many guys it will be a waste of time to chat w/ you not in Colombia. 

Wait until you arrive and take it from there. 

50 minutes ago, speedoo1 said:

Why would you spend time on this before arriving?  As another poster stated it is unlikely that you end up actually meeting guys you have connected with in advance; for several reasons. Secondly to many guys it will be a waste of time to chat w/ you not in Colombia. 

Hi @speedoo1 I agree with what you wrote EXCEPT for in one situation - where I felt compelled to reach out to the local guys in ADVANCE of my arrival due to logistical and safety reasons.

I was venturing to an unknown part of southern Thailand - the area that touches Malaysia and includes the 3 southern Thailand provinces where there is an ongoing insurgency   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency

So, I wanted to know that when I landed on the ground that there would be someone waiting for me at the airport to take me around for my 17 day tour - with whom I could feel safe with, have a level of trust (as I found the 2 guys that I employed many months in advance via Twitter and Hornet - forget about Grindr for these types of trusted encounters - as guys on Grindr are only interested in instantaneous transactional immediate meetings), and were native locals to this area of Thailand.

I had a loose itinerary where there was only 1 MUST requirement - which was for me to be photographed on the iconic mermaid statue of Songkhla - kissing her at midnight during the New Year's Eve countdown - as the motivation for this deep southern Thailand trip was to say goodbye to the person that I lost my heart to - as he ALWAYS talked about this mermaid to me during our time together.

image.png.6d54231d79ce77aaedf68e6593574841.png

My 2 "tour guides" that I found in advance - were well paid and helped me on my recovery of healing my heart and to see a VERY interesting part of Thailand (Muslim and Buddhist) area and to better understand the ongoing struggle of the insurgency.  Truly educational and fascinating.

By the way, one "tour guide" was intentionally Muslim and the other was Buddhist - so that I could obtain the 2 distinct perspectives of life in Southern Thailand.

Speedo, there's no reason why Florida's choice not 2 meet with pre-arranged guys (4 unknown reasons) should b the rule. 

I twice did something similar 2 what Bkkmfj has done, when I was looking 4 bf material who would travel around with me. For this I prefer to get 2 know the guys in advance, the lengthy chats themselves constituting a filter. 

I wrote in my profile my future arrival date, so instant-transactional guys knew to avoid me.

BTW, if any of u r able and willing 2 recommend trusty sexy bf material in clmbia, I'd b thankful for referrals. U'd b doing a favor 2 both parties. (I speak spanish.)

• Members
10 hours ago, speedoo1 said:

I tend to agree with you. However, I did try once this tactic and it worked great. I did not use Grindr, though, but Scruff. Before my first visit to Medellín, I used the app to start contacting guys many months before my trip, out of anxiety. I ended meeting the three very young guys, one of them just as a local (no money exchange). The other two became fuck buddies and did not charge me by time. Our interaction was rather sugardadish, where we would hang out and have fun together with me paying all the bills.