Olddaddy

Sunee bar Jomtien complex

Just saw on Facebook this bar was ... perhaps...closing ?😭

I say perhaps because it's rather ambiguous where they say they are due to "sadness " but then write in the comments they might not😳

I did occasionally stop at this bar but another bar going.im sad too Screenshot_2024-09-12-23-40-02-36_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.thumb.jpg.b7b85ba8482e0324833beb33a515ed50.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

I saw on some video a bar named Double Shot. Is it the same as in Sunee before? Same owner

Double Shot moved from Sunee Plaza to the Jomtien Supertown Complex. Yes, he was the same owner.

It was my favorite bar in the complex because at 10pm all of the guys took off their shirts - as they were mostly sexy guys from Cambodia.

Unfortunately, Double Shot closed some months ago and is now the new East Lounge.

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

Did the owner move away from Pattaya?

I believe that he had to return to his home country.

But, I do not have a concrete source - so I would suggest that you ask around in the Complex.

Perhaps the successor bar, East Lounge may know.

It would be nice to know where all of those sexy Cambodians went?

There are around 35 bars in the complex, and in my opinion, ONLY the former Double Shot bar did anything fun to SPICE things up by having the guys remove their shirts at 10 pm.

Most of the other bars follow the less exciting program of:

Falang sit and Faland drink = boring

5 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Falang sit and Faland drink = boring

😂 Absolutely I agree ...but ...having said that ,some farangs are into "people watching " 

They just sit at a opposite bar ..and...stare at people, usually other farangs 😳😳😳🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

😂 Absolutely I agree ...but ...having said that ,some farangs are into "people watching " 

They just sit at a opposite bar ..and...stare at people, usually other farangs 😳😳😳🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

so not as much people watching as farang watching

On 9/16/2024 at 1:35 PM, bkkmfj2648 said:

I just now finished a 4 hands massage and one of the 2 "masseurs" was a guy who works in the Sunee Intimate Boy Bar within the Jomtien Supertown Complex and I asked him about what happened based on @Olddaddy post and he did say that the bar had to shut down for a day or 2 - as per a "delicate incident" - which has now been resolved and all is back to normal.

"delicate incident"... LOL

Wondering what happend there... ;)

Today early evening I went to the complex. There were not any customers, just a few. I asked a boy about where the Double Shot used to be, and he showed me. So I sat down at the Sun Bar for a beer. I also paid one for him cos he asked for one. 

But one thing that came to my mind: What on earth has happened to the english skills of the boys? None of them outside where able to have a normal easy conversation with me without translating by the phone.

Ten twenty years ago even the beginners in Sunee had better skills. A big letdown for me, as I also like to chat with them.

So, in the end I thought I have to use my limited thaiskills, but then it was ok pretty much, we understood eachother.

They were even surprised by it, or maybe they only tried to be polite.

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Yes, it has. I did edit my post maybe after you read it. But 15-20 years ago in Sunee, the skills were better, even if far from good. Maybe bad luck struck today. 

I agree 👍 

I had  guys using their phones last week to translate 

Well least these I presume Cambodian boys don't ask the same boring questions" where you come from ? How long you stay ? 

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Yes, it has. I did edit my post maybe after you read it. But 15-20 years ago in Sunee, the skills were better, even if far from good. Maybe bad luck struck today. 

Another example of the damage smart phones are doing to society. 
Why bother learning English when they can communicate with Google Translate?

Very sad.