Olddaddy

Siam roads tour guides

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm thinking the railway line where the markets is?

guide may be helpful as logistic of getting there is a bot complicated, you need to take one train, cross the canal by ferry and then to take another train to the market itself which is just before terminal station. You can go by taxi  but it will be much more expensive and in my opinion best way to experience train market is actually to be on the train instead of watching it passing while standing on the ground.

3 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm going to have to look at the map next week when I arrive,I can't remember how to walk there🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

leaving Tarntawan turn right on Suriwong street, keep walking until you hit Patpong night market but still keep walking as next street is Patpong 2 where boy bars are. Turn right there , parade along bars then Unesco Heriatge Foodland Patpong, street will narrow a bit nd soon you will be on Silom. Turn left on Silom and after 100 m you hit soi 4

2 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

You mean turn left at the entrance /driveway of  Tartawan?

If I turn right I'm going towards Lumpini park 

correct , Lumpini park direction is one you want take .

If you turn left you need to turn left almost immediately to soi 6 where are so many massage shops danger is you will stop there for massage and debaucheries and never rich soi 4 which is your destination

17 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I might even check out the Nong Nooch gardens❇️❇️❇️ in Pattaya

As for BANGKOK is ANDY available??

His booking page has been deleted 

🌸Screenshot_2024-09-22-09-25-44-50_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.623149ea35a6ac67ab14d37e477c2734.jpgMay I ask if Andy is available?

He is now a lawyer, and has a job. He no longer guides, unfortunately!

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

leaving Tarntawan turn right on Suriwong street, keep walking until you hit Patpong night market but still keep walking as next street is Patpong 2 where boy bars are. Turn right there , parade along bars then Unesco Heriatge Foodland Patpong, street will narrow a bit nd soon you will be on Silom. Turn left on Silom and after 100 m you hit soi 4

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

guide may be helpful as logistic of getting there is a bot complicated, you need to take one train, cross the canal by ferry and then to take another train to the market itself which is just before terminal station. You can go by taxi  but it will be much more expensive and in my opinion best way to experience train market is actually to be on the train instead of watching it passing while standing on the ground.

I went by taxi, with Mac from Siam Roads. Much easier! Quite a long drive. The river market is rather nice with lots of local restaurants. Train is good to see once. It starts at the terminus, goes through the market and away. 

19 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

I'm going to have to look at the map next week when I arrive,I can't remember how to walk there🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

Can't remember  how to walk there, or can't remember how to walk?

On 9/10/2024 at 2:11 PM, Olddaddy said:

Quick question maybe those who have experienced Siam Roads tours or Moses himself 

If I hire a tour guide from the Bangkok range where do they usually take you to?

I see they have 3 guides in Bangkok 

I guess the first question they ask is what would you like to see on the night tour or day tour 

I'm not really keen on visiting boy bars or Go Go bars with a guide at night ,maybe a disco or nightclub ?

Incidentally,  I think you are from Australia? Kanchanaburi, site of the bridge on the River Kwai, where many  Australians died, has an interesting museum honouring those who died, and a beautiful  war cemetery.  There is also nice country round about. You can go by train, but its rather hit and miss, I went by taxi with another Siam Roads guide.

I assume that you have been to the old capital, Ayutthaya? Also worth a visit. There are many organised tours, some involving  a boat trip, and the summer Palace of Bang Pa In.

2 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

I went by taxi, with Mac from Siam Roads. Much easier! Quite a long drive. The river market is rather nice with lots of local restaurants. Train is good to see once. It starts at the terminus, goes through the market and away. 

I saw people boarding train on last station , just to take experience of the market as well as alighting at first station after market for the taxis and buses fort the same reason.

3 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I saw people boarding train on last station , just to take experience of the market as well as alighting at first station after market for the taxis and buses fort the same reason.

Good morning Vinapu🌅 the Sun ☀️ is starting to rise 

Monday Monday , As Neil Diamond 💎 sings ...Monday moooorning...it's so good ...

It's nearly 5am

I went to bed too early last night and now woke up too early ☀️

I don't want to do this in Thailand next week otherwise I will be in bed by 8pm like a old man 👴👴then again ....I am old 😯

4 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

It's nearly 5am

I went to bed too early last night and now woke up too early ☀️

I don't want to do this in Thailand next week otherwise I will be in bed by 8pm like a old man 👴👴then again ....I am old 😯

old people don't travel to Thailand  but to nearest pharmacy  the further

I remember a few years ago I woke up at some ungodly hour in Pattaya after a previous days flight , something like 5am

Headed out for a walk around that day night area to see loads of 🔥 hot eye candy boys setting up market stalls 👦

Many with their shirts off showing their muscular bodies 🥰😛

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

I remember a few years ago I woke up at some ungodly hour in Pattaya after a previous days flight , something like 5am

Headed out for a walk around that day night area to see loads of 🔥 hot eye candy boys setting up market stalls 👦

But did you take advantage?

5 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

early bird gets the worm

I'm guessing Siam Tours is not the only gay tour guide group in Bangkok?

I mean it doesn't particular matter if they are gay anyway🏳️‍🌈 ,it's not like I'm taking the tour guide👦 back to the room.🛋️