Olddaddy

Siam roads tour guides

Quick question maybe those who have experienced Siam Roads tours or Moses himself 

If I hire a tour guide from the Bangkok range where do they usually take you to?

I see they have 3 guides in Bangkok 

I guess the first question they ask is what would you like to see on the night tour or day tour 

I'm not really keen on visiting boy bars or Go Go bars with a guide at night ,maybe a disco or nightclub ?

On 9/11/2024 at 12:13 AM, Olddaddy said:

Yes I will try to book early for next month .

I want to go to the floating market and a boat on the river 

I have used Mak a number of times. He is very good and knowledgeable,  but not always easy to book, as he says he has health issues. 

2 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

I have used Mak a number of times. He is very good and knowledgeable,  but not always easy to book, as he says he has health issues. 

That's ok.

I think there are 2 others,but it's not essential,I can usually find my own way around 

58 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

That's ok.

I think there are 2 others,but it's not essential,I can usually find my own way around 

Me too, but if you want someone  who really is a guide and speaks good English,  I would recommend Mac.

On 9/11/2024 at 12:13 AM, Olddaddy said:

Yes I will try to book early for next month .

I want to go to the floating market and a boat on the river 

Boat on the river? Here's the inexpensive option. Take the BTS to Saphan Taksin, walk down to Sathon pier. Take a north-bound Chao Phraya Express boat (the ordinary orange-flagged one, not the tourist boat!), to the end of the line at Nonthaburi. Tickets are fixed-fare 16B per person. Have seafood lunch at a riverside restaurant, and enjoy some durian. Then reverse the process.

Just now, thaiophilus said:

Boat on the river? Here's the inexpensive option. Take the BTS to Saphan Taksin, walk down to Sathon pier. Take a north-bound Chao Phraya Express boat (the ordinary orange-flagged one, not the tourist boat!), to the end of the line at Nonthaburi. Tickets are fixed-fare 16B per person. Have seafood lunch at a riverside restaurant, and enjoy some durian. Then reverse the process.

Good advice. I've done that!

8 hours ago, Raposa said:

Mac did lose his phone very recently, try to reach out by e-mail to him directly.

He said he will have new phone "prior Sep 24".

11 hours ago, Chaerimk said:

sorry to hijack your post but are you having any communication issues with siamroads? I am trying to confirm 2 dates that I booked with Mac but only got 1 confirmation. The site customer service have not replied to my inquiry, and that is 4 days ago. 

Siamroads reply within next 12 hours, typically within next 1-2 hours if you send message btw noon and midnight  by Bangkok time. Check your spam folder and check if your mailbox isn't full. I see all incoming mails and all replies and in whole 2024 year I see no one email what was left not replied.

Typical reasons for not to get reply:

• mistyping in your mail address to reply
  • your mailbox is within gmx.de domain (by some reason it decline emails from SiamRoads, everything is OK on our site, on the side of gmx.de they can't find problem already 7 years). Siamroads warns all senders about that directly above messaging form.
  • our reply is in your spam folder
  • your mailbox is full and server doesn't accept new emails

If you will send me details of your email in PM I may check it more close.

In whole September I see only one mail reply what for sure wasn't delivered - email was from Belgium domain BE and name before sign @ includes word "planet". If it is you, then let me know your correct email because we got reply "user doesn't exists". 

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (S2017062302). [DB3PEPF0000885D.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com 2024-09-08T17:50:15.675Z    08DCCD73C17B8721]

If you mean, what you made reservation and had no reply at all, then it is for sure issue with your mailbox or email address - you should receive reservation receipt within next 10 min, because robot does that 24/7. Confirmation may take up to 3-4 days - guys are with clients, some are in areas with low mobile coverage. That why Siamroads has minimal time to book tour 48 hours before tour.

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

walk from Tarntawan hotel to soi 4  ?

I'm going to have to look at the map next week when I arrive,I can't remember how to walk there🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

1 hour ago, Olddaddy said:

Guys if I hire a tour guide where should ho with them to ?

I'm thinking the railway line where the markets is?

Amphawah, which is the floating river market is worth a visit, and lunch, and you can take in the railway line, at Maeklong, which is quite close. Check  times, to make sure you catch the train leaving.

I might even check out the Nong Nooch gardens❇️❇️❇️ in Pattaya

As for BANGKOK is ANDY available??

His booking page has been deleted 

🌸Screenshot_2024-09-22-09-25-44-50_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.623149ea35a6ac67ab14d37e477c2734.jpgMay I ask if Andy is available?