Olddaddy

Planning sleep & hours on vacation

When your on say a 2 week vacation,

Do you just go with the flow or plan your sleep or even cut your sleep hours.

I have to make a decision when travelling with my Filipino  bf next trip.

He wants to visit bars at night and Bangkok during the day 

This trip will be much harder on me physically because I'm m not travelling alone and he has more energy,I can't sleep all day and go out at night 

He is a day morning person and I'm a night person 🌌🌉

He is 32 years younger than me 

I need to sleep at least 8 hours  otherwise I get tired 

I'm thinking we set hours midnight  to 8am for bed at least 

Maybe later on some days 

I can't drink all night anymore and get up and start sightseeing at 8 am .

I guess most nights I won't drink to be able to get up in the morning fresh 🌅🌄

He is already planning the intinary that we rise at 7am and do about 30 sightseeing places before dinner and shower at 6pm to hit the bars and dance clubs until the early hours !!! 🕺🏿💃🏿

Plenty of B vitamins I guess as well 

For vacations lasting a week or more I always plan at least a day of not doing anything in particular. Im guessing you have probably seen the sights already, so join him for the bits you want to revisit. It is nice to have someone to share experiences with and it is also a good way to nurture a relationship or friendship. Unless of course that someone is grumpy due to lack of sleep ;)

6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

When your on say a 2 week vacation,

Do you just go with the flow or plan your sleep or even cut your sleep hours.

on vacation, Thailand and elsewhere , I cut my sleeping hours reasoning that I don't travel that far to do what I can do at home i.e. sleep 7 hours

15 minutes ago, Verchiele said:

I will still check out some of the gogo scene, but will probably not stay too late (say 11?). Is that too early to off anyone…

actually not at all as in most bars  boys start congregating about 9 or so. Often it's even case of early bird and worm . When we visited Banana club at 9 there were 4 boys on the stage , at least 2 outstanding and other 2 acceptable by my standards and only few customers . Soon one of boys was gone with client before bar started to fill up.

Only danger of offing early is that boy may try to rush things in order to return to bar for next chance or to party away your money with his friends.  

35 minutes ago, vinapu said:

actually not at all as in most bars  boys start congregating about 9 or so. Often it's even case of early bird and worm . When we visited Banana club at 9 there were 4 boys on the stage , at least 2 outstanding and other 2 acceptable by my standards and only few customers . Soon one of boys was gone with client before bar started to fill up.

Only danger of offing early is that boy may try to rush things in order to return to bar for next chance or to party away your money with his friends.  

O wow, I didn’t realize you can off a boy that early (9 or so). I always thought they need to do a number at the end or something but I guess unless theyre like the Moonlight model, not all of them are needed on stage other than catwalk.  Good to know @vinapu.  

In the past, but not now, I have had longer term boyfriends , who were 20 or even 30 years younger  than myself. Amongst the advantages for me was a disadvantage in that they had a different body “clock”. After about midnight whilst I needed to get to my sleep they were active. : on their phones, getting out of bed, wanting to talk, etc etc. In the morning between 8 and 10, they were dead to the world, whereas I was demanding sex. This incompatibility was a major  factor in the inevitable demise of the relationships.

2 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I am like you @Travellerdave

How do we remedy this problem?

We should not date young guys anymore?

Well it’s not a problem that I have a solution for. My days of forming long term relationships with young Asian guys are long gone, in fact since 2017.  Three days with the same boy is my max. 

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

Yes that's why I don't like taking guys early 

Some guys think they can rush you and either take the night off or go  back to the bar for more offs 

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

In my salad days (my fifties) my Thailand day was from 10.00am until 0100. Now it is  from  0700 until 2100.

O tempores, o mores.

While I miss the excitement of those  late nights, I  enjoy getting-up early to enjoy the cool, fresh air  from the sea as I do my "constitutional" along Jomtien Beach. And I'm by no means alone; plenty of guys of my age do the same. And joggers too, mainly young women.

I sometimes marvel as to how accommodating Pattaya and Jomtien have been to my ageing process. I loved those nights of bars and sanuk but  what I do now  gives me enormous satisfaction.

9pm is when the bars are just starting !💃🏿🍷🍷I don't like getting old , having said that I'm probably fitter than I was 20 years ago just my stamina is not as good 

7 hours ago, Verchiele said:

O wow, I didn’t realize you can off a boy that early (9 or so). I always thought they need to do a number at the end or something but I guess unless theyre like the Moonlight model, not all of them are needed on stage other than catwalk.  Good to know @vinapu.  

yes , you can  like Barack Obama used to say.

In fact you can even prearrange for earlier arrival, just give boy money to pay his off fee  later or prepay day before and tell him to be in your place say, at 6.30 pm. In fact this will be a case in Day 10 of my travel report. 

Money is money and bar are flexible but remember boys need to report for work at certain time, hence need of prearranging off fee payment .

Yes , some boys may be in the show or waiters required to stay on the job till bar closes but that will be cleared on one by one basis. I had cases that boy could skip his number in the show but I usually wait until he is done as they get some money for their performance.

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

yes , you can  like Barack Obama used to say.

In fact you can even prearrange for earlier arrival, just give boy money to pay his off fee  later or prepay day before and tell him to be in your place say, at 6.30 pm. In fact this will be a case in Day 10 of my travel report. 

Money is money and bar are flexible but remember boys need to report for work at certain time, hence need of prearranging off fee payment .

Yes , some boys may be in the show or waiters required to stay on the job till bar closes but that will be cleared on one by one basis. I had cases that boy could skip his number in the show but I usually wait until he is done as they get some money for their performance.

This is really interesting insight. Looking forward to the report.