floridarob

My Latest View On Brazil ....

2 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

And if you read @vinapu's latest reports, some bar boys are demanding 4000 baht - in excess of USD100  - for max 2 hours! See his thread "This time bit different" Day 9 last paragraph.

confirmed and way it was presented it sounded non negotiable ' 4000, max 2 hours". I wonder if it was gamble or simply playing market. They may be customers who will pay that and guy decided it's better to wait for those rather than grab every cheap Charlie offering 1500 for the same.

I don't blame guy, in those matters I'm firm believer in market economy. Knowing him from the past I'd even risk saying he is worth it  but definitely was not for me that night. 

2 hours ago, reader said:

More proof that massage remains your best value in LOS.

it does , particularly if  you  stick to twinks . 

all depends of how we count those things. 5000, even 6000 for overnight , say 12 to 7 is even better deal as cock holding hour comes to less than 1000

On 04/09/2024 at 04:59, Xclay said:

Lamento ouvir isso. Não li todos os seus milhares de posts impressionantes (!!!), mas as centenas que li sempre foram informativas e muito interessantes. Deve ser frustrante morar no Rio e sentir que "tudo" agora é uma droga.

Cara sensível que sou, sei como até mesmo algumas experiências decepcionantes podem azedar meu humor. No entanto, fiquei no Brasil por sete semanas em junho e julho no Rio, SP e PA, e nunca tive um cara tentando aumentar o preço depois do nosso acordo. E embora as saunas do Rio/SP tivessem "modelos" mais torneadas uma década atrás, eu ainda tinha boas a ótimas aventuras todas as noites com GPs entusiasmados. Talvez eu tenha tido uma maré de sorte.

Os únicos GPs que encontrei após a pandemia que queriam renegociar foram alguns em Cartagena, Colômbia, em 2021. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ A Colômbia é divertida de explorar, mas para mim o Brasil ainda é facilmente o número um.

Could you tell us about your experience in Pará?

• Members
On 9/10/2024 at 4:18 PM, Yago said:

Could you tell us about your experience in Pará?

Yago, when I wrote about SP and PA, I meant São Paulo and Porto Alegre.  But you are right that the two letter abbreviation for Pará is indeed PA.

I did visit Belém, the capital of Pará, but that was 20 years ago. And since it was 20 years ago, I did OK at the GP-free sauna. But no recent Pará news to contribute. Maybe somebody else can give us an update.

Later this year I plan to visit Aracaju (in Sergipe) and Maceió (in Alagoas) along the coast between Recife and Salvador. I'd love to get any tips or advice on those places.

It has been ages, but a Brazilian friend and I once rented a car and drove the Alagoas coastline. Alagoas has some of the most picturesque beaches in all of Brazil. And large stretches remain blissfully untouched by development. So, I highly recommend spending some time outside the city. I only used Maceio and Aracaju as pit stops, so not much insight regarding the cities themselves.  One thing to note is that both have high crime rates, so do not let their relative small size or laid back vibe fool you regarding taking the usual safety precautions.   

On 9/4/2024 at 12:07 AM, floridarob said:

I think I'm getting jaded... This is from a resident of Rio:

I really don't understand this passion for Brazil and especially for RJ that people have
 I imagine that a long time ago things were different, but now everything is shit

I had a few guys agreeing to 200 reis, then shortly after or the next time insisting on 300. I told them , No thanks.

Colombia or Indonesia is looking better, lol

Maybe it's you...Maybe they don't find you attractive or you are annoying or have bad hygiene...Maybe it's Maybelline

You are complaining about the difference of less than $15 where the average daily income does't even compare to what it does in the US

Go where you feel you get the most bang for your dollar and hopefully in those countries you won't have the same experience

6 hours ago, Badboy81 said:

Maybe it's you...Maybe they don't find you attractive or you are annoying or have bad hygiene...Maybe it's Maybelline

You are complaining about the difference of less than $15 where the average daily income

6 hours ago, Badboy81 said:

does't even compare to what it does in the US

Go where you feel you get the most bang for your dollar and hopefully in those countries you won't have the same experience

Nah, not that...it's the new generation coming up...between the bartenders at 117 and tonight the cashier at Lagoa, they are in agreement, some of the guys are asking for more, figuring why should they do 2 programas when they can do less work and get asshole gringos that will pay it. 

I sat at a table tonight with @Lucky, talking to some locals...they brought up boys are asking for more from foreigners for more, because they pay it....ruining it for them....something I've preached here since the board started.

When is the last time you've been here....if you follow Thailand boards, you'll see @vinapu ran into something similar on his last trip.

You always respond with lot's of maybe's....usually with looks or something like that....you must be a God yet going to GP saunas 😄

Can I echo @floridarob's sentiments...

Got back from Lagoa last night (saturday night so supposedly busy). How the mighty have fallen. Was last there in Nov 2023.

Going rate seems to be between 150 - 300. 

Unless this was a one off the standard was poor, very poor indeed.

Loads of out of shape, unattractive guys in their early twenties and some as young as 18. Dont get me wrong you will find the odd decent stud around but its not the candy shop it once was, not by a long shot.

Hopefully 117 and Salvador are more fruitful for me.

• Members

I have never been in Lagoa. I have been traveling to RJ one or twice per year during the last seven years, and visited several times 117 and 202 during those trips. I do not notice a drop in the "estethic" quality of the offer, but the muscular clean IG types are not my favorite type. I do see them, though. Perhaps I notice less of those guys in 117, but not in 202.

I wonder whether this drop in the quality is noticeable only for the travelers with a longer history traveling to Brazil.

PS: by the way, I agree with @floridarob. I've never paid more than 200 Rials in a sauna. And the boys who come to my place and hang out and play for long hours, are always happy with 300 Rials. 

However, @floridarob may be judgmental about tourists overpaying. The GPs have differentiated fees for local and foreigners, and for "cool" and "not so cool" clients, who is visiting Rio once and who is a regular who travels often, who is generous with tips and extras and who is not, etc. Their fees system maybe more complicated and wiser than we comprehend. 

I know that some of my GPs would do things with me that would never do with other clients, or that would never do it for the same price. I know this not because the garotos told me, but because of the clients. That is why I feel less comfortable now sharing the fees I pay and the things I do in detail.

1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

I have never been in Lagoa. I have been traveling to RJ one or twice per year during the last seven years, and visited several times 117 and 202 during those trips. I do not notice a drop in the "estethic" quality of the offer, but the muscular clean IG types are not my favorite type. I do see them, though. Perhaps I notice less of those guys in 117, but not in 202.

I wonder whether this drop in the quality is noticeable only for the travelers with a longer history traveling to Brazil.

PS: by the way, I agree with @floridarob. I've never paid more than 200 Rials in a sauna. And the boys who come to my place and hang out and play for long hours, are always happy with 300 Rials. 

However, @floridarob may be judgmental about tourists overpaying. The GPs have differentiated fees for local and foreigners, and for "cool" and "not so cool" clients, who is visiting Rio once and who is a regular who travels often, who is generous with tips and extras and who is not, etc. Their fees system maybe more complicated and wiser than we comprehend. 

I know that some of my GPs would do things with me that would never do with other clients, or that would never do it for the same price. I know this not because the garotos told me, but because of the clients. That is why I feel less comfortable now sharing the fees I pay and the things I do in detail.

I think most of the top talent has moved online or even abroad. I've had a few GPs ask me about starting life from scratch in the west due to Brasil's tough conditions.

Garotocom and only fans are where the best guys are at right now.

13 hours ago, floridarob said:

I sat at a table tonight with @Lucky, talking to some locals...they brought up boys are asking for more from foreigners for more, because they pay it....ruining it for them....something I've preached here since the board started.

When is the last time you've been here....if you follow Thailand boards, you'll see @vinapu ran into something similar on his last trip.

My issue on last trip to  Thailand were  not monetary, I'm strong believer in market setting prices  of whoring and I don' subscribe to theory that tourists are ruining  market for locals. While this may be accurate in tourist infested areas and indeed I noticed  something like collusion to extract higher prices , locals have plenty  of local knowledge where to get best value for their buck (Saphan Kwai are in Bangkok for example).

In certain affluent areas of Bangkok I have an impression that it's rich locals who are trying to outprice  us foreigners ( VCK, Jey Spa , Zeus an Aurora massages )

Big time upsetting part of my last trip  were 'service providers" promising  things without any intention to stick to what they promised and were supposed to be compensated for

I'm headed to Brazil next month and will be spending a lot of time with the friends I made in Rio and Sao Paulo.  They've been encouraging me, in a friendly and educational way, to avoid seeking out Garoto's and instead focus on meeting guys through them and at various social events we'll attend.  However, I plan to visit a sauna on the days I have free to explore on my own.  Based on my past experiences in the Sauna, I am sure to meet someone there that I connect with, and if the situation feels right and the price is reasonable, I'd be open to it.  But if I don't feel a genuine connection, no matter the cost, I wouldn't be interested.  

Besides, I don't think about the ones that got away.

I also want to add that I think we all tend to judge guys based on our initial impressions and estimated price range.  As we talk and get to know them better, that initial extimate can change, similar to how our perceptions can shift when chatting with guys online.  Personally, I know quickly if I'm interested in someone based on just a couple pictures.  If either of us require more pictures...  Well that borders on persuasion, it feels more like a sales pitch and probably neither of us is as interested in the connecton as much we pretend to be.

So when it comes to Garoto's.  If it was to be, it will be.  If you can't connect because of $$, then move to the next guy.  If they were worth crying over, then they are worth paying extra for.  That is my opinion anyway....

1 hour ago, numazu said:

I'd rather pay 300 reais for mind-blowing sex

Price nor great looks guarantee that ..... 

1 hour ago, numazu said:

my time is short, and I have no patience, nor the time

Nor the attention span 😄

1 hour ago, numazu said:

he said 150 reais has not been the average rate for a few years now

Had this conversation with Patrick, the bartenders at 117 and the cashier at Lagoa and a couple of regular clients and boys last night....the ones asking for higher prices are the outliers it seems. The one guy I've never seen before that asked for 500, left without doing a programa, I guess his price integrity works for him, he asked for money to get home on the way out 🙄

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I don' subscribe to theory that tourists are ruining  market for locals. While this may be accurate in tourist infested areas and indeed I noticed  something like collusion to extract higher prices , locals have plenty  of local knowledge where to get best value for their buck (Saphan Kwai are in Bangkok for example).

Thailand and Brasil are very different RE: Tourists/Locals....we go to the same places as there isn't the quantity here .

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Big time upsetting part of my last trip  were 'service providers" promising  things without any intention to stick to what they promised and were supposed to be compensated for

That's been happening for awhile in Thailand now, is why I've taken @reader reasoning and stick to massage now with a rare good sex possibility ....And the prices you were being quoted were high...... 😱

• Members

Beyond the sex market, I think we travelers have to be more aware of how we affect the local people's lives. There is a global anti tourists trend spreading right now, and although I have not noticed it in Brazil, I did notice it in Argentina and Colombia. I think it is ok to be a little generous, but not too much. 

13 minutes ago, vinapu said:

being numbers man in former professional live helps

After seeing you in May - I started to implement a similar rationalization methodology with my Thai friends when they ask me to spend money on what they deem to be FUN.

My rebuttal is now - if I spend X how many orgasms will I get in return?

image.png.5e4651cb641d05772b66e4c61fe4f9dc.png

Remember when they were complaining because I was proud to go to Bangkok with you for my "bootcamp training" - because they all told me - no, we can take you to Bangkok and show you the city - which would be shopping malls, fancy restaurants, and anything where they could show off on their social media accounts - where I would need to foot the bill.

When I told them that with you that I would be guaranteed so many orgasms for a lot less money then it would cost me to take them to Bangkok for their "tour" they were not happy.

I noticed that when I went to BKK for my birthday in August - they already understood to not ask me what I really wanted for my birthday.

So, with "# of orgasms" in the denominator - truly helps to reduce frivolous spending.