floridarob

My Latest View On Brazil ....

I think I'm getting jaded... This is from a resident of Rio:

I really don't understand this passion for Brazil and especially for RJ that people have
 I imagine that a long time ago things were different, but now everything is shit

I had a few guys agreeing to 200 reis, then shortly after or the next time insisting on 300. I told them , No thanks.

Colombia or Indonesia is looking better, lol

• Members

Sorry to hear that. I have not read all of your impressive thousands of posts (!!!) but the many hundreds I have read have always been informative and very interesting. It must be frustrating to actually be living in Rio and feeling as though "everything" now sucks.

Sensitive guy that I am, I know how even a couple of disappointing experiences can sour my mood. However, I was in Brazil for seven weeks during June and July in Rio, SP, and PA, and never had a guy try to jack up the price after our agreement. And while Rio/SP saunas did have more toned "models" a decade ago, I still had good to great romps every night with enthusiastic GPs. Maybe I had a really lucky streak.

The only GPs I've encountered post-pandemic who wanted to renegotiate were a few in Cartagena, Colombia in 2021. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Colombia is fun to explore but for me Brazil is still easily number one.

I am in Rio right now, it has been my first trip to Brazil.  I have visited Rio and Sao Paulo, and now I am spending the last days of vacation in Rio before returning home.  Maybe I had too many expectations after carefully reading the forum messages.  The saunas are interesting, but many days they are very quiet, and on days when there are more people, there is not much variety.  If you don't like them muscular and around 30, it's more complicated for you.  so I have been repeating the same ones, which is not bad either.  In the sauna the guys are not pushy, in fact, I travel alone, and the first few days I could sit at the bar tables drinking beer without anyone bothering me, just a few looks and suggestive gestures, but if you don't call them, they don't approach you. in a blatant or aggressive way, at least in my case.  The experience these days has been interesting, but perhaps, not enough to travel to Brazil again.  As Floridarob says, Colombia seems like a more appealing destination. I will try next.

8 hours ago, Xclay said:

I still had good to great romps every night with enthusiastic GPs. Maybe I had a really lucky streak.

what were you  paying in or out of the sauna....??
Do you do quick programas in the saunas or longer outside hook ups?

I've always done "short time" like in Thailand in Brazil without any problems, now guys say BY THE HOUR....that mentality was creeping in during my last visit and seems to be expanding.

Going to point tonight, will see how it goes.....I haven't been a fan of 117 for a long time, even the bartenders at 117 agree that some guys are getting greedy and then cry when they don't have a client or money for the bus.

I was in both Brazil and Colombia in July/August. 

In Rio I met some truly lovely guys at Point, one from SP, but now permanently in Rio, the other from BH just in Rio for a few weeks.  Enjoyed time with one outside of the sauna too.

Colombia 🇨🇴 is fantastic, I have a house there,and the men are hot, but its not as simple as in Brazil for sex, and it's definitely more costly. 

I had approaches from guys of all body types and builds whilst in Rio, and thought the choice on Mondays and Wednesdays was pretty good. 

• Members
11 hours ago, floridarob said:

what were you  paying in or out of the sauna....??
Do you do quick programas in the saunas or longer outside hook ups?

Sauna sex only for me, plus the occasional Uber driver.

Lagoa for 50 minutes, although sometimes I take one guy for half an hour and then grab a second for the final 20 minutes. Cabin times are shorter in Rio.

11 hours ago, floridarob said:

I've always done "short time" like in Thailand in Brazil without any problems, now guys say BY THE HOUR....that mentality was creeping in during my last visit and seems to be expanding.

Yes, if they are watching the clock that would be annoying. I set the alarm on the phone so I won't run over and have to pay for the room twice because of extra five minutes of cuddling.

Hope you had fun at Point tonight!!!
🤞

Been to Lagoa two days last week after a long absence… the number and quality of the guys seemed to increase a bit from my previous visit, a few new faces, some muscular hot guys, 2-3 model like handsome guys (not model tall, maybe 1,8 m)… but many where visiting from Northeast cities, Rio or Minas. So not sure if the attendance of guys will keep high with spring and summer approaching (when movement goes to beach cities). 

Asking price seemed to be around 200-250, especially for visiting guys, with one odd asking of 350 at almost closing time (but a tall, cute, young and strong guy), that I denied but regretted (it’s a red flag to me when they ask higher prices, by previous experience and I was kinda tired already). But definitely saw more “clock watching” and finish quickly vibe than before.

2 hours ago, ToTheCore said:

After all, lust is the reason I'm there.    :)

I travel most of the year...if I had that reasoning, I'd be broke a lot faster, lol

I'm not underpricing, I'm willing to pay market value....which I know.  

3 hours ago, Xclay said:

The definitive post on price variation, IMHO:
https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/60821-lagoa/?do=findComment&comment=407388

To which I'll add: Portuguese fluency and random variation in small samples.

My Portuguese is pretty fluent, lived here off and on in 2004 for 2 yrs..... know the owners and bartenders/servers pretty well.... my problem is I like "short time" like in Thailand and that wasn't a problem in the past. Many guys today think their time is so valuable they don't want to go to eat, drink without getting paid and hourly rate.....I don't get that, but is where we are.... AGAIN, not every guy, but too many....and like one bartender told me, they make just enough to get by, don't try to do extra and most times don't have enough to pay for their bus home.

10 hours ago, floridarob said:

And money....how much were those 5 days, you can be honest 😇

I’m not the big spender and more realistic with the local economy. With something sweet and special, I do spend with gifts plus daily fee of 300. You can’t beat it anywhere…… the young sweet thing spending nearly 24 hours.