This is a question for @terper following his reply to @Taikonaut in the thread "First time in Bangkok report!"

Whilst taikonaut asked about KTV bars and WeChat groups, it would be super useful if terper could also describe what the scene is (if any) regarding paid sex venues such as massage parlours and saunas with moneyboys in attendance, in your city where you live. China is a huge country and we will bear in mind that different cities will have different scenes when it comes to physical spaces, not least because of local government controls and market size.

My own long-ago experience with freelance moneyboys in China is that they can get pretty rough over money - something I have not personally experienced in any other Asian country, but something similar to the stories posted about a certain Vietnamese boy from Screw/Good Boy and other stories posted now and then in the Latin America forums. So, even if I were fluent in Chinese, I would still prefer the relative safety of controlled venues.

That is already very helpful. It explains why things are the way they are. But I am rather shocked at how expensive the MBs are.  Maybe it's the result of increasing wealth, with the rich Chinese now sinfully rich, and the job risk for MBs now such that it has to be factored into pricing.

Way back 20 years ago their price levels weren't much different from Thailand's and there were plenty whom one could pick up from the mid- to lower-end bars. From your report, technology and economic progress have changed everything.

I recently saw a news reporting documenting how hard it is to visit China these days with all payments going through WeChat and that there is no Google service in the country including map.  Ticket to Forbidden City need to be bought by an app with Chinesse number

Also, do you know when you visit a hotel in China you have to report yourself to local police in 24 hours? 

Report by CNBC 

I stayed in hotels in China and did not report myself to police and had no issues, although police was checking my passport 1 million times in the vicinity of the Forbidden City.
In Beijing, there are ticket machines in the subway, no need for passport, but at museum sites you need!
Also the Forbidden City has ticket booths. If you are not going in the high season (whenever that is) and you are a bit flexible with the days, you could risk to buy the tickets there. You also can buy the tickets on international websites like klook.com, getyourguide.com, trip.com, but they cost a lot more.

If you use roaming, for example a Thai simcard with a roaming package, international websites/services are not blocked. But even if you can use google maps, it seemed pretty useless to me (not up2date, sites at the wrong place on the map).

Until November 30 some countries, mostly European ones, have visa free entry for 2 weeks.

• Members
On 9/4/2024 at 11:18 AM, macaroni21 said:

This is a question for @terper following his reply to @Taikonaut in the thread "First time in Bangkok report!"

Whilst taikonaut asked about KTV bars and WeChat groups, it would be super useful if terper could also describe what the scene is (if any) regarding paid sex venues such as massage parlours and saunas with moneyboys in attendance, in your city where you live. China is a huge country and we will bear in mind that different cities will have different scenes when it comes to physical spaces, not least because of local government controls and market size.

My own long-ago experience with freelance moneyboys in China is that they can get pretty rough over money - something I have not personally experienced in any other Asian country, but something similar to the stories posted about a certain Vietnamese boy from Screw/Good Boy and other stories posted now and then in the Latin America forums. So, even if I were fluent in Chinese, I would still prefer the relative safety of controlled venues.

Could you please elaborate on the Vietnamese boy at the Screw/Good Boy?

11 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

Could you please elaborate on the Vietnamese boy at the Screw/Good Boy?

It's a report from @Daniu dated 6 August 2024. Link here: 

It's a long post, but the relevant passage that Daniu wrote was this:

"I ended up leaving and going back to Good Boy to get the other guy who caught my eye the day before. ....

"There was a particularly pretty Vietnamese guy. As we walked, he bragged about how he was the #1 boy in the bar. (I should have known then.) He acted like a boy who knew he was pretty. He did everything enough but he didn’t sufficiently hide that they were just going though the motions. Unfortunately, he didn’t seem to really clean his ass, and things didn’t go well. After a clean up we got back to it, and he wasn’t really taking dick well, so I ended up finishing myself. My mistake was that we hadn’t agreed to a price before we left the bar, so I assumed it would be 2000-2500, which is their normal rate. As soon as I gave him 2500 he seemed disappointed, he started demanding an extra 500 because I was too big. Then he somehow started demanding an extra 1000. I held firm because I knew I was already paying enough, and to be honest the service wasn’t really great."

I think there have been otherr mentions too (may not be the same boy), but those would have been further back in time, because when I read what Daniu wrote, I got a sense of deja vu, like someone else had earlier reported a very similar incident.