terper

First time in Bangkok report!

Where in Latin America are you from and how old are you?

Latins vs Asians are VERY different.....

I'm in Brazil right now, been to Colombia 3 times this year so far and visit Asia, alot.

I've broken it down to this:

Asia= great Massage, better hotels at cheaper rates, better business class airlines, AMAZING food....every now and then you'll have good sex, not too often though, lol

Latin Countries= Hard to find good hotels at a decent price, standard airlines, lots of 737 crap service, almost impossible to find someone that knows how to do a proper massage, food varies depending on country (nothing beats Thai food), 95% chance of having good to amazing sex, latins are more passionate and NOT shy. Latins are more fun to hang out with and drink could be because I speak Spanish/Portuguese?, most Asians can't hold their alcohol.

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

Where in Latin America are you from and how old are you?

Latins vs Asians are VERY different.....

I'm in Brazil right now, been to Colombia 3 times this year so far and visit Asia, alot.

I've broken it down to this:

Asia= great Massage, better hotels at cheaper rates, better business class airlines, AMAZING food....every now and then you'll have good sex, not too often though, lol

Latin Countries= Hard to find good hotels at a decent price, standard airlines, lots of 737 crap service, almost impossible to find someone that knows how to do a proper massage, food varies depending on country (nothing beats Thai food), 95% chance of having good to amazing sex, latins are more passionate and NOT shy. Latins are more fun to hang out with and drink could be because I speak Spanish/Portuguese?, most Asians can't hold their alcohol.

It's well known  that Asian people are more likely to have a genetic mutation that makes it more difficult to break down the alcohol, and hence  are can suffer from alcohol intolerance.  Mind you the defective gene can appear in all races,  it's just that it seems more prevalent in Asian people. I found this in Japan when I visited. As you may know Japanese written English  can be very good, but their spoken English is a lot less good. I'm told they do not get a lot of practice in speaking English in school, etc. Hence, in the evening, over various dinners, the 'Asian flush', as it is rather unsympathetically called, became quite  evident! Bearing in mind that hearing is the first sense affected by alcohol, later in the evening I did a lot of agreeing, and nodding!

I think comparing Bangkok to LATAM is just entirely different experience.

Thai culture in general is more emphasis on politeness, basic courtesy and respect (look at the ‘Wai’ hand that they do all the time). The boys also act in this manner when meeting you. I think this translates to just generally more reserved boys (especially the new ones).  Like you encountered - not all experiences are all the same - and you also had great moments too in Bangkok

The other thing is also language barrier.  If you are from LATAM and can speak the language - of course, knowing the ins and outs of the system generally tilts your experience to the positive being a local versus being a tourist trying your luck. 

On a more positive side, Bangkok is considered much more safe compared to LATAM. It is definitely 100% more commercial like you said because how accessible it is and safe it is.  

TLDR: I think if you are open minded and appreciate the nuances of thai culture, scenes and of course the Asian heritage of its boys - you’ll likely find something that makes Bangkok the gay capital of the world lol. 

Interesting perspective and report, thanks for sharing.

I also come from the younger side of the typical demographic for customers, but I would say I rarely feel overlooked, maybe it was just some bad luck on that occurrence with those mamasans.

Expectations vs reality can sometimes be an issue, but I hope you decide to give Bangkok another chance. It can take some time to find the right bars and guys that really match what you're looking for, but there's a lot of options out there, both free and paid. Keep in mind August is also low season, I would test it out again November to February.

11 hours ago, terper said:

Heh, I'm from Brazil! And I agree with most of your points too (except the food, I much prefer brazilian food over thai, but maybe I'm a little biased 

Brazilians typically don't like very spicy, apart from Churrascarias, I think Brazilian food to be boring and bland.

I was in Belo Horizonte when I first replied and now Rio....I've been visiting Brazil for 25 yrs and Thailand for about as long. Like both places for different reasons as I pointed out. I lived in Brazil in 2004 for 2 yrs doing visa runs, no residency, now live  in Mexico however, considering a move back to Brazil....Brazil residency is more complicated than Mexico so not too sure 🤔 

Thanks @terper for this interesting segue to Chinese moneyboys, in response to @Taikonaut's question.  I have a follow-up question, but in the interest of good housekeeping, I have put my question in the China forum, because that would be the proper place for discussion and makes it easier for others to search in future. Could you look at my question there?