RockyRoadTravel

Potential October Surprises

I've heard a couple of non-Trump Republican commentators, Jennifer Rubin being one of them, speculate that Trump might replace JD Vance with Kennedy as a running mate. Beyond the historical mind-fuck that would be, I don't buy it. Even Trump has to know that he's conspiratorial enough for the slate, and best not to double down with two old privileged white men whining about how unfair the world is to them. 

Does anyone know what the mechanics are to replace an already nominated candidate?  

I doubt VonShitzInPantz will publicly let Vance go. That might show his base just how unhinged he is. But I can imagine Vance being privately pressured to remove himself from the ticket, and then him citing some mysterious health reason or some other personal reason to step away. I don't know who would take his place. Maybe RFK Jr, but I can't see him being much of an asset to the ticket. Maybe a cis non-trans woman (I guess that disqualifies MTG). Maybe Stefanik?

• Members

Trump voters are voting for TRUMP, not any secondary candidate, they are all non entities..... Trump could have a Muppet as his running mate and they will still vote for him. Trump said it himself, "I alone can fix it" and that excludes the actions of ANY running mate.  He made them expendable with THAT statement. So  I doubt any change in the GOP ticket will affect it, unless they are getting rid of Trump himself....   With that said, it is what it is now.    Its Trump or Cackles. 

13 hours ago, Suckrates said:

Trump voters are voting for TRUMP, not any secondary candidate, they are all non entities.....

That may be true, but if VonShitzInPantz continues to flounder in the polls, he's not going to admit to himself or the MAGAts that he's the problem. So, his problem must be JD. We'll see if he begins to audition potential replacements at his rallies, or, if JD suddenly develops some mysterious health condition. Considering VonShitzInPantz's previous attempt to get rid of Mike Pence, JD should take the danger to himself and his family very seriously.

• Members
41 minutes ago, Goober said:

That may be true, but if VonShitzInPantz continues to flounder in the polls, he's not going to admit to himself or the MAGAts that he's the problem. So, his problem must be JD. We'll see if he begins to audition potential replacements at his rallies, or, if JD suddenly develops some mysterious health condition. Considering VonShitzInPantz's previous attempt to get rid of Mike Pence, JD should take the danger to himself and his family very seriously.

Trumps campaign is beyond help and it is what it is.   He never breaks 47% because he doesnt bring in any New voters.  Its MAGA or nothing, and hes already scooped up all the demented MAGA's in the country.  And all he would be doing is replacing JD with ANOTHER Maga, so whats the point ?   I hope Americans are showing us  THEY DONT WANT MAGA....

I don't think VonShitzInPantz thinks or acts rationally. As he's backed into a corner, he becomes more and more desperate, and will do anything he can, regardless of how irrational it is, legal or illegal, to survive. His survival depends on his winning the election by any means necessary. If, in his deranged brain, he thinks JD is dragging him down, he'll get rid of him one way or another.