vinapu

Patpong updates from Aug 2024

2 minutes ago, vinapu said:

As expected bar recently opened  across form world famous Foodland Patpong, well known for never having any customers closed and unit sits in darkness again.

It was a poorly conceived and executed project from the start.

12 minutes ago, vinapu said:

world famous Foodland Patpong, 

Yesterday was Saturday, usually busiest day in bars

There is a new HUGE Foodland in the basement of the complex opposite Soi 4 (ex Boots).
Actually, in soi 4 ( I don't know about boy bars in Patpong) Friday is the busiest night and Tuesday the quietist.

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

High rise in place of our beloved and sadly demise soi Twilight is growing very fast and onlt trace soi was there is our memories. 

As expected bar recently opened  across form world famous Foodland Patpong, well known for never having any customers closed and unit sits in darkness again. 

Yesterday was Saturday, usually busiest day in bars but at 10 pm Hot Male gogo had no customers. Few come later but we are talking few. What is surprising dozen or so boys there were very decent looking, attractively dressed in uniform red track pants and equally uniform shirts removed. At first glance I could off any one of them so bars and boys must have it hard. I did not stay for the show so no idea if they had any. Drink and off fee 500, boys drink 400.

From tips dispensed yesterday and today it looks that boy's expectancies are accordingly lowered, it was, long since I got a kiss planted on me just for tipping nothing outlandish. 

It's because  you are so good looking!

12 hours ago, Patanawet said:

There is a new HUGE Foodland in the basement of the complex opposite Soi 4 (ex Boots).
Actually, in soi 4 ( I don't know about boy bars in Patpong) Friday is the busiest night and Tuesday the quietist.

So, Thursday is not the new Friday?

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

New NISHITESTSU CROOM hotel right by soi 4  scheduled to open on Sept 9 according to signs at front. 

Rooms look nice, I looked up prices for the standard room in November at $208 Australian per night with breakfast, think I will pass on that even though it does look nice and is in a good location.

19 hours ago, vinapu said:

Yesterday was Saturday, usually busiest day in bars but at 10 pm Hot Male gogo had no customers

Coupled with your report about a busy The One (formerly Tawan), this seems to be the new normal: wild swings in traffic from one evening to the next. If the stock market behaves like that, it's usually a bad sign. I reckon it's not a good omen for the bars too.

Would be great if you also peeped into Fresh Boy, Hotmail's neighbour. I won't be surprised if one is busy and the other empty.

3 hours ago, TMax said:

and is in a good location.

In reality there are at least 20 hotels around with equally good location so I wouldn't worry. Definitely not an option for me, I can walk extra 100 or 300 m to soi 4

38 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

Would be great if you also peeped into Fresh Boy, Hotmail's neighbour. I won't be surprised if one is busy and the other empty.

I may one day although Fresh Boys is not my usual shop to enhance my stamp collection but I have habit of visiting every ber every trip at least once. 

45 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

Why Hot Male was almost empty the other night is one of scene great mysteries as I cant find anything wrong with boys, staff, pricing, sound, AC  and generally of how bar is run. 

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Why Hot Male was almost empty the other night is one of scene great mysteries as I cant find anything wrong with boys, staff, pricing, sound, AC  and generally of how bar is run. 

Last time I was there I did find it too cold. Boys were nice, I agree.

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

I agree. On my last trip, the quality of the boys were better than some of the other bars. The mamasan was helpful and not pushy. The off fee and tips were lower than the other bars. My only complaint is those long pants and the ridiculous outfits they wore during the big cock show which were very distracting...I like an unobstructed view 🤭

Just quick question to veterans here - I booked a hotel near IconSiam (Hilton Garden Inn Riverside), being a new hotel and reasonably priced.   How problematic is this area to frequent the centre of the action?  Looks like there is a gold line now... 

14 hours ago, a-447 said:

On my recent trip to Bangkok I only went to Hotmale once.

I refuse to support bars in which the guys wear normal clothes on stage. I can see such guys out on the street for free.

Guys in hot Male did not wear street clothing another night, quite opposite, I liked their red track pants and invisible shirts 

5 hours ago, Verchiele said:

Just quick question to veterans here - I booked a hotel near IconSiam (Hilton Garden Inn Riverside), being a new hotel and reasonably priced.   How problematic is this area to frequent the centre of the action?  Looks like there is a gold line now... 

Should be easy, Gold line to regular BTS or take shuttle boat from Icon Siam across the river to Saphan Taksin BTS. Taxi  won't ruin your budget either and may be necessary at night. Don't take taxi in rush hours as you may get stuck in traffic on the bridge 

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

Should be easy

Not as easy as staying on the usual side of the river. The Gold line has much lower frequency than other lines. You may have to wait 10 -12 minutes for a train. (Same with ferry, maybe 15 minutes.) Elsewhere, the BTS runs every 4 or 5 minutes. 

52 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

Not as easy as staying on the usual side of the river. The Gold line has much lower frequency than other lines. You may have to wait 10 -12 minutes for a train. (Same with ferry, maybe 15 minutes.) Elsewhere, the BTS runs every 4 or 5 minutes. 

For the adventurous, motorsai is cheap and can definitely beat the traffic, at least towards nearest bts. Both grab and bolt have bike option too, thus eliminating the need to giving direction to the driver.

5 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Also, I believe that Subway and BTS clse quite early, midnight or so? Not so good if you are out late.