Pantherz

Bangkok Airport Removes Fast Track Immigration On Arrival For First & Business Class Travelers

"Tragic" is a little over dramatic!

In truth it always seemed that AOT/Immigration have been ambivalent about providing and servicing the Fast Track Lane. Perhaps this is just the precursor to genuine fast tracking(being optimistic....).

The other side of this coin is without the fast track those companies providing VIP meet and greet services will find their income increasing.

3 hours ago, reader said:

I believe that anyone 75 or over is considered elderly in this case.

I started getting in fast track at 70

If the elderly Business Class passengers, who would have previously used the Business Fast Track,  now transfer to the Elderly/Disabled fast track it will be overwhelmed.

I also wouldn't assume that the elderly fast track will continue......

Recently the fast track lane at the far right of the main immigration hall (to the right of the Thai Citizen and Autogate lanes) which dealt with Business/ Elderly/Disabled travelers also started accepting families with lots of children 

On my last 2 trips (biz) i found it quicker to deal with the main line, than deal with several families of 4-5 all trying to cajole their 4-10 year old kids to go through immigration on their own, get pics taken etc

3 hours ago, khaolakguy said:

I also wouldn't assume that the elderly fast track will continue......

And rightly so. If senior is able to undertake grueling trip , often more than 30 hrs door to door rom home to Thailand , certainly can survive lining up in regular lane.

This comes from me who have head full of white hair and not exactly because I use perhydrol liberally.

Sorry if somebody is offended but I truly mean it.

Arrived Wed early afternoon and while crowded lines were moving quite fast.

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

And rightly so. If senior is able to undertake grueling trip , often more than 30 hrs door to door rom home to Thailand , certainly can survive lining up in regular lane.

This comes from me who have head full of white hair and not exactly because I use perhydrol liberally.

Its not the lining up it's the fighting during the lining up.

Often as I turn that left side corner into the immigration lines up ahead I have to start to run because I see people also walking towards the line thinking they are going to beat me 

So it's like a uphill area if you remember and once I turn that corner I have to try to sprint at my age with bag rolling behind me as I look around to see if anyone else is eyeing the back of the line 

Once I get there someone always tries to beat me 

I saw this at Sydney airport last year ,two very  old guys physically fighting each other because one said he was first and this was before getting on the plane 

Both were taken away by the cops ( and their wives followed embarrassing) they both didn't get on the plane either 

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

Welcome back!

8 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

The article has been updated with a reaction from AoT. They say there are new priority lanes in passport control zones 1 & 3 for business and firs class passengers. Hope this is true. 

Any idea where zones 1 and 3 are? Is there a zone 2? Which airlines use which zone? I can't remember  zones as such! Just the usual  milling around looking for the priority lane!

9 hours ago, Travelingguy said:

Does this affect the VIP service that various companies offer to expedite arrival?

I wonder if they are still operating?

If they are ,they would be happy ,more business now from business class 😁 

9 hours ago, daydreamer said:

Yes, there are three immigration entry zones.  Under the newest rules, if you travel by Business Class or First Class, you are eligible to use the Priority Lane in zone 1 or zone 3.  

The Fast Track Lane is only for Diplomatic and Official passport holders , BOI (APEC CARD)/ABTC, MICE, Smart visa, Long-term resident visa(LTR).

The easiest way to identify the three immigration zones is by the gates that are opposite them.  If you arrive from the gates on the western end of the terminal, as most international passengers do, the first immigration zone you will see on your left will be Zone 3.  

This layout map of the arrivals below makes it more clear.  So if you are a business or first ticket holder, you use the first or third zone, not the center zone.  Then after entering immigration zone 1 or 3, look for the Priority Lane, at one side of the zone.  Note the East and West markings on the diagram.  The gates on the east side are used for domestic flights.

As to the question which airlines use which zone, the zones are not airline specific.  You are free to use any zone.

Immigration 1 or 3  for Business Class Priority Lane.jpg

Thanks, very helpful. So 'elderly' pax can no longer use Fast Track lane? I usually tavel biz class, so I would be ok, but what about the over 70s in economy?

• Members
7 hours ago, gerefan said:

So nothing has changed??

Yes, the change was that Business Class and First Class no longer use the Fast Track Lane in zone 2.  They now use the Priority Lane in zone 1 or zone 3.  The immigration officials made this change to alleviate congestion in the Fast Track Lane.

Here is a photo of the previous signage at Fast Track.  Note the previous inclusion of business and first class passengers.

Fast track at Bangkok Airport.jpg

• Members
3 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

what about the over 70s in economy?

Economy class passengers age 70 and above are welcome to continue to use the Fast Track Lane, as directed in guidance from the Airports of Thailand, the management company of Suvarnabhumi Airport.  So, no change for 70 and above passengers, see the photo of previous signage above, it states "Senior Citizens Over 70". 

I failed to include the senior citizens category in the list I typed in my original post above.  Sorry for any confusion.

• Members
35 minutes ago, Londoner said:
35 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Congestion? I've used it six times since Covid ended, arriving at a busy time (1600 or so) and I've never had more than three people in front of me.

Well, there are people complaining that security staff are directing families with children to the fast track lane, causing long backups.  Families with infants are a listed category for fast track.  I don't know if airport staff are allowing families with older children (with no infants) to use the fast track or not.

The reference I made above concerning congestion comes from this document from AOT:

News-clarification-from-BKK.jpg

13 hours ago, khaolakguy said:

Apparently Mice were entitled to use the Fast Track. See bottom(appropriately) of the list of eligibles.

I hope that they are able to use the new Priority Lanes!

I never saw any mice, plenty of rats, in human form!