reader

Thailand Tackles ‘Cheap Travel’ Issues

20 hours ago, Moses said:

So, Unicorn published here propaganda how NATO will destroy Russia, but warmonger is me?

Yes, difference is that NATO action are hypothetical and aim is not to destroy Russia, rather prode nation to remove  it's current regime, but war Russia started in Ukraine is all too real and you clearly support it. Which is very regrettable. 

6 hours ago, unicorn said:

There are also Nazis in the Russian Federation and the USA. Doesn't mean their leaders are Nazis... 🙄 The narrative of Nazis running Ukraine has been completely debunked. 

The main difference with US and Russia  - in Ukraine Nazi are members of parliament, and Nazi military parts are parts of regular Ukrainian army. IN US and Russia they are marginals, inUkraine - part of govt and state.

And members of SS division Galicia are national heroes in Ukraine.

100643377-4774922.jpg

1563360225_original.jpg

1526292636_ukronaci.jpg

• Members
24 minutes ago, Moses said:

The main difference with US and Russia  - in Ukraine Nazi are members of parliament, and Nazi military parts are parts of regular Ukrainian army. IN US and Russia they are marginals, inUkraine - part of govt and state.

And members of SS division Galicia are national heroes in Ukraine...

You're spouting a load of crap, as usual:

For the Dumb Shit That Comes Out Your Mouth Toilet Paper Roll Embroidery  Design, Poop Gag Gift Design, Machine Embroidery Design 4x4 Hoop - Etsy

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/03/the-facts-on-de-nazifying-ukraine/

...“Neo-Nazi, far right and xenophobic groups do exist in Ukraine, like in pretty much any other country, including Russia,” Finkel said. “They are vocal and can be prone to violence but they are numerically small, marginal and their political influence at the state level is non-existent. That is not to say that Ukraine doesn’t have a far-right problem. It does. But I would consider the KKK in the US and skinheads and neo-Nazi groups in Russia a much bigger problem and threat than the Ukrainian far right.”...

“The claim that neo-Nazi or far-right groups hold any significant power in Ukraine is absurd,” Jared McBride, an adjunct history professor at UCLA whose work specializes in nationalist movements and mass violence and genocide in Russia and Ukraine, told us via email. “The most well-known far-right wing party, Svoboda (similar to say [Marine] Le Pen’s party or other corollaries in Europe) won 2.15 percent of the vote in 2019 election and holds one seat in the Rada – meaning they are politically irrelevant.” (Le Pen is the leader of the French far-right party the National Rally.)...

The Azov battalion, which has about 1,000 members, represents a small minority of the overall Ukrainian military. As the BBC reported, the Ukrainian armed forces number some 250,000, and the National Guard — of which Azov is a part — has around 50,000 members.

And some say the ultra-nationalist, neo-Nazi leanings of the Azov regiment have become less prevalent. In 2015, a spokesman for the Azov brigade told USA Today that 10% to 20% of the group’s members are Nazis. The leader of the Azov regiment, Biletsky, has since left to start a political party. And while there are still some far-right ties remaining in the unit, there have also been a flow of new recruits “who mostly are not there because of the regiment’s ideology, but because of its reputation as a particularly tough fighting unit,” Andreas Umland, an analyst at the Stockholm Centre for Eastern European Studies at the Swedish Institute of International Affairs, told us in a Skype interview....

What kind of an idiot (or liar) would say that Nazis have a significant impact in a country which overwhelmingly voted a Jew into power (73% of the vote). Так кто ты — дурак или лжец?

I think we departed quite far from original subject of this thread. Positions of debaters on subject of Russia / Ukraine war is clear and unlikely will be changed although everything is possible. Every farmer knows that only cow is never changing her mind and always likes his neighbour  grass better. 

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I think we departed quite far from original subject of this thread.

Yeah, I wrote to moderators to separate these posts and put to politic one day ago.

Some members can't hold their shit when they see my posts, even if the posts are about the Cambodian airport.

1 hour ago, unicorn said:

What kind of an idiot (or liar) would say that Nazis

What kind of idiot trust to Ukrainian propaganda?

Tell me: why Russian language is forbidden in Ukraine for official use? 

Why schools with Russian language were closed?

Why ALL (!!!) TV stations and radio in Russian language are forbidden and closed?

Why ALL (!!!) newspapers and magazines in Russian were forbidden and closed?

And all this happened before Feb 2022.

Why Zelenskiy dissolved 11 opposition parties?

And talking about ethnicity of Zelenskiy: he is just loyal to Nazi ideology Jew... he isn't first and for sure isn't last in history. And when you support Ukrainian regime, you support not Jew, but Nazi regime.

State of Ukraine recognize formerly SS members as national heroes, state of Ukraine accept and recognize Nazi military parts as state army. 

4 hours ago, Moses said:

What kind of idiot trust to Ukrainian propaganda?

Tell me: why Russian language is forbidden in Ukraine for official use? 

Why schools with Russian language were closed?

Why ALL (!!!) TV stations and radio in Russian language are forbidden and closed?

Why ALL (!!!) newspapers and magazines in Russian were forbidden and closed?

And all this happened before Feb 2022.

Why Zelenskiy dissolved 11 opposition parties?

And talking about ethnicity of Zelenskiy: he is just loyal to Nazi ideology Jew... he isn't first and for sure isn't last in history. And when you support Ukrainian regime, you support not Jew, but Nazi regime.

State of Ukraine recognize formerly SS members as national heroes, state of Ukraine accept and recognize Nazi military parts as state army. 

You mentioned something about members not being able to hold their shit..... 

• Members
10 hours ago, vinapu said:

I think we departed quite far from original subject of this thread. Positions of debaters on subject of Russia / Ukraine war is clear and unlikely will be changed although everything is possible. Every farmer knows that only cow is never changing her mind and always likes his neighbour  grass better. 

@Moses posted factually false information, and I simply did not let him get away with it. Whether it's better to retire in Thailand or the Philippines is a matter of opinion, but certain things are just factually incorrect, such as the presence of Nazis in the Ukrainian government. If someone states "I believe the earth is flat," there are only two possibilities. Either the man making that statement is a fool or a liar. 

To state that there are neo-Nazis with a significant influence in the government, and that there are members (plural) of a neo-Nazi party in the Ukrainian legislature, when there is only ONE, in a parliament (Rada) of 450 members is simply factually false. For what it's worth, I believe he's probably lying, and intentionally spreading misinformation, rather than simply being foolish, but I cannot, of course, know what's going on in his head. I don't have tolerance for the spread of factually false information. 

2 hours ago, unicorn said:

and I simply did not let him get away with it

Dear, how exactly do you "not let me post"? Do you mean you derailed thread about "Cheap travel in Thailand and Cambodia by bringing here Russia for not to let me posting about Cambodia and Thailand? Or what?

You clearly vandalized and derailed thread. 

On 8/26/2024 at 3:25 PM, Moses said:

(referencing the quote from @unicorn "falsely calling their Jewish leader a Nazi"

55655_original.jpg

1724711034111.thumb.png.e2c9351af5f1673cf710938d47529433.png

1724711059071.thumb.png.9b01f6341e1f634d177772814624acc2.png

1724711134088.thumb.png.13b789d1411593324e41b830b8401282.png

Moses, I don't see the Ukrainian Jewish leader President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in your three photos? Where is he?

Posting random photos is something that you trolls always do! You must think that random photos are evidence of something. 😄

Back to Cheap Travel Issues:  Is Jet Lag worse in Economy Class going East or West? 

Good question. 

... it seems like about three quarters of people find eastbound jet lag, when you can’t fall asleep at the normal time and find waking up really hard, worse than westbound jet lag, when you’re falling asleep in the early evening but waking up correspondingly early in the mornings.

Read more:

Is jet lag worse when flying east or west? - Lonely Planet

8 hours ago, ToTheCore said:

Back to Cheap Travel Issues:  Is Jet Lag worse in Economy Class going East or West?  

I can say a bit on the subject as I'm being tormented by jet regularly. This trip even on day 5 I could not hold in the afternoon and collapsed on bed 5 to 8. 

In my opinion it depends on many items but quality of flight itself is big factor for me. Simply having elbow room improves chances of getting it easier a lot. Also arriving at destination in the breakfast time 7 to 9 of supper time like 7 to 9 seems to ease lag a bit. 

Generally I just let it go and don't use any enhancements to fight it. If I feel sleepy I just go to bed no matter what time it is. 

• Members
4 hours ago, KeepItReal said:

I've always struggled more with East to West. Just my personal experience. 

That's because it's always easier to wake up earlier than we're used to, rather than to be forced not to sleep in. Also, the daily circadian rhythm is a bit over 24 hours.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/circadian-rhythm#:~:text=“An adult's natural internal clock,shift our natural circadian rhythms.”

“An adult’s natural internal clock is on average 24.2 hours. We use external stimuli to help entrain this rhythm daily to 24 hours. Changing the amount and times of sunlight exposure, or changing our routines, can send signals to our ‘master clock’ and shift our natural circadian rhythms.”

That's why there's the saying "East is a beast, west is best." That being said, if I can take a nonstop flight to Europe leaving in the early evening, that'll usually get me to Europe in the late morning. Taking methylphenidate in the morning for 2 or 3 days helps keep me alert during the day, as well as a hypnotic in the evening on the flight over, and again for the next 2 or 3 days following arrival in Europe, and I'm good to go. 

Eastbound is worse for me. When I went straight through, recently, London to Sydney, I was wiped out for 2 days. Coming back was better. This was business class, but even so. However  when I was working  I used to fly to Tokyo. Arrive Saturday pm. Get up following morning, at 7 am, to be taken to play golf. Golf and polite chat all day, back to hotel 7pm! Following  morning, Monday start work at 9am! Hardly noticed jet lag. What I think those showed was the power of the mind and adrenalin.  As it was work, and you had to concentrate,  somehow jetlag didn't get a look in. My Sydney trip was after I retired!