Guest RichLB

Yet Another Poll

I would live in:  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Assume the identified conditions exist and make your selection.

• Thailand - Pattaya
    • Thailand - Bangkok
    • Thiland - Chiang Mai
    • Thailand - Phuket
    • Thailand - Isaan
    • Laos, Cambodia, or Vietnam
    • Somewhere else in Asia
    • Europe
    • Latin America
    • North America
    • My Home Country
    • Other

I'm not sure why I voted (I'm not 25 nor good looking although I probably have sufficient income) but did so anyway. I picked Chiangmai but only because that's how I currently feel and given my current handicaps as noted.

Actually, come to think of it, if I was 25, good-looking, and loaded, I could live anywhere in the world and then I and the vast number of suitors seeking me could form our own new and perfect gay community! (or not)

Guest GaySacGuy

Since you have set up a set of impossible circumstances, I might as well dream too. I would probably keep a nice home in Issan with boy, dogs, and yard...and have a condo in Pattaya and Phuket to visit...when I wasn't flying off to some other great location!!

Good poll Rich! Unusual

Even though pure escapist nonsense, I had to think hard before coming down in favour of Europe.

Whereas I live in the UK most of the year, that hypothetical chap would enjoy going back to his home country from time to time but not be based there. Reasons would include:

• The weather! We don't get many periods of really good weather in the UK.
  • I'd love to learn a foreign language or two whilst living in a foreign country
  • The chance to get to know all the major European capitals
  • As Gay Thailand mentions, ease of travel from one country to another

One drawback to living the high life at such a tender age, would be I'd have to make that decision before seeing many other parts of the world. As things stand, at my age now, I have seen a large part of the world, so it's easier to decide. Having said that I have never visited South America, but would not want to put my 25 year old self in exile there in a place (a whole continent!) I've never seen.

So I'd want to stipulate I'd stick with Europe until I got tired of it and then I'd stretch my wings and venture farther afield.

Guest beachlover
If you were 25, good looking, and had a guaranteed sufficient (not excessive) flow of funds without being required to work where would you elect to live

Me, I would still choose to work as I do now. And I would stay here in Australia because my friends are here and I can make more money here doing what I do than I can in any Asian country.

But I would gradually make it possible to start spending more and more time in Asia, and would probably end up settling down there rather than here.

If it had to be in Thailand, I would definitely choose Bangkok. Pattaya/Phuket are too flawed. Chiang Mai, not really as exciting as Bangkok.

I would really like to enjoy the best of a couple of cities... be mobile.

If it had to be in Thailand, I would definitely choose Bangkok. Pattaya/Phuket are too flawed. Chiang Mai, not really as exciting as Bangkok.

I agree with you on Bangkok. I love it there. But, I also like Chiang Mai.

The young American boys I have brought over to spend time in Thailand all love Pattaya. They were all around 22-26 when they visited and they all liked Bangkok but loved Pattaya.

Guest beachlover

Oh I like Chiang Mai too (though it's been ages since I went). It's nice for a visit. Just don't know if I could live there full time.

Pattaya would be nice for quick visits but I found the place kind of wild and depressing in a way. I enjoyed some aspects of it and will probably go back for a visit sometime but no way I'd want to settle down there on any extended basis.

Phuket's gorgeous but it's too quiet in terms of nightlife for more than a couple of days.

What did your young American boys get up to in Pattaya?... Just curious. :-)

I voted Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam, as the most likely destination for my BASE.

However, if I had adequate funds, the preference would be to travel around until I find the place I like best. With the reasonable price of accommodation on a monthly basis, it seems quite feasible to travel around SE Asia with a month or so in various locations.