Guest MonkeySee

Double Tragedy

Guest MonkeySee

How very sad to read about the death of a four year old American boy falling off a balcony of View Talay 2 condo. His grief stricken 40 year old father then later committed suicide by taking sleeping pills. What a tragedy. http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/27318/grief-stricken-american-commits-suicide-following-recent-death-of-his-4-year-old-son/

Guest fountainhall

Not having children, it is hard for me to comprehend what it must be like to lose a child under any circumstances, but especially in what seems to have been a preventable circumstance. To the searing pain of losing an adored son must have been the excruciating agony of guilt. May they both rest in peace.

Not having children, it is hard for me to comprehend what it must be like to lose a child under any circumstances

The loss of a child seems to be something that parents never get over and normally is an event which dramatically alters how they cope with life. I've sadly watched that with friends and also up close when one of my brothers (one of 11 kids) died in a car accident. We siblings ultimately dealt with it but I don't believe my folks ever got over it.

One of the most heartfelt songs that expresses a parent's reaction to loss of a child is "Tears from Heaven" by Eric Clapton. If you understand that he and his wife lost a 7-year old (he fell out of a hotel window in New York City), listening to that song is both difficult to take but, in a strange way, a little inspiring too.

Guest MonkeySee

The loss of a child seems to be something that parents never get over

I have always heard the same, although committing suicide is not usually an avenue a normal person takes. Compounding this father's grief was the notion of responsibility for his son's death. This is a very sad and tragic story.