emiel1981

Bangkok & Pattaya October / November 2024

1 hour ago, emiel1981 said:

Thanks for this idea. I went there in the afternoon. Beautiful place to visit. The less known temples can also be nice to visit. And so nice to be walking around almost empty temple grounds, without swarms of tourists. From Wat Ratchabophit I walked Wat Suthat Thep to conclude my little temple visiting afternoon.

I’m glad you liked it, it’s a great place to just chill.

The adjacent royal cemetery is interesting too. All the wives of the kings are buried there from the time the Buddhist kings had four wives, each representing a cardinal direction (north, south, east and west).

6 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

So @Keithambrose and @Raposa, what about a little forum meeting? Maybe there are even more from this forum in town on November 16?

The new Dusit Thani...wow. Somebody is spoiling himself. Nice. 😀

These bars are also places I like to go. So that will be fine! Maybe start with a drink on terrace in soi4 for small chat before heading to the gogo bars. Or even a dinner at Mango Tree. 

Sounds good to me! Happy with Soi 4, for meal. 

7 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

Pricewise it's not a big difference with the other bars... Barfee 500 baht, tip for boy 3000 for 2hrs according to papasan.

Exactly what the papasan told me the one time I went to Jupiter, except back in the hotel room as boy was leaving, he said his rate was 5000 when I gave him 3000. Always check with the boy!

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

correct, last time I was in the cinema there to see latest Indiana Jones movie royal anthem was played but nobody bothered to stand up. Audiendce was mostly teenagers though

Wow, that's quite a turnaround. The last time I was in a Thai cinema(maybe three years ago) everyone stood up for the anthem! Surprised that not standing isn't a capital offence!

4 hours ago, ichigo said:

Exactly what the papasan told me the one time I went to Jupiter, except back in the hotel room as boy was leaving, he said his rate was 5000 when I gave him 3000. Always check with the boy!

it's why I generally avoid mamasans as intermediaries in discussion with boys. I also prefer to motion them myself to come and sit  to annoyance of some mamasans sensing tip just missed them. 

12 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

For dinner I went to one of the forum members favorites: Mango Tree. As always it was very nice and for a very very reasonable price. If you are few of the last ones on this forum that haven't been there yet, make sure to go there next time you're in Bangkok. 

That's a good news . Last time I was there with boy, pre-covid I found food excellent but bill for two came  close to amount  I just gave that boy for an excellent 3 hr session. Fortunately it was his idea to go there, otherwise I'd feel bad 

18 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

TRIP REPORT DAY 3

For dinner I went to one of the forum members favorites: Mango Tree. As always it was very nice and for a very very reasonable price. If you are few of the last ones on this forum that haven't been there yet, make sure to go there next time you're in Bangkok. 

JUPITER
I totally understand the criticism Jupiter is getting sometimes on this forum. They have many boys on rotation, but there is not much variation in the kind of boys on stage. If you're looking for a skinny twink, you are not going to find it here. If your taste of boys is more like mine, hunks with some muscles, Jupiter is like being in heaven. Lol 
I think last night about 90% of the boys could be offed by me. How to make a choice when there's so much to your liking? Thank God (or Buddha) for the helpful papasan who gave me a sign by every "gay" that entered the stage.

Pricewise it's not a big difference with the other bars... Barfee 500 baht, tip for boy 3000 for 2hrs according to papasan. Remind you: same prices are asked in Dreamboy. So Jupiter is not that much more expensive than some other bars. 

Thanks for the tips! Since I haven’t figured out a way to bookmark messages, this is more of a note to myself. (Hopefully I remember to check it before my trip.)

10 hours ago, jason1975 said:

So he expected and you paid 5000 baht? 

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

would you haggle in such situation? I doubt I would. Lets see what OP says

Because I didn't want to deal with confrontation in that situation, I countered with 4000 which he accepted but it was still too much for what it was worth. I decided that paying this inflated price was a safe way of getting out of this situation without things escalating.

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

it's why I generally avoid mamasans as intermediaries in discussion with boys. I also prefer to motion them myself to come and sit  to annoyance of some mamasans sensing tip just missed them. 

Me too usually, but the mamasan just told me the tip rates of his own accord without me asking.

On 10/17/2024 at 10:54 PM, vinapu said:

That's a good news . Last time I was there with boy, pre-covid I found food excellent but bill for two came  close to amount  I just gave that boy for an excellent 3 hr session. Fortunately it was his idea to go there, otherwise I'd feel bad 

I wonder what you order. My recollection was the bill for one was below around 500 ish baht for shrimp padthai and drink

56 minutes ago, spoon said:

I wonder what you order. My recollection was the bill for one was below around 500 ish baht for shrimp padthai and drink

I was thinking the same. At Mango Tree you can for example also eat lobster. But off course that will be more expensive. I just had chicken cashew and the special rice with mango. And that was tasty and priced very reasonable. 

2 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

@emiel1981 great update on your Pattaya adventures....

what was your impression of the M Bar ? 🤪

image.png.f56fc5e6f00b561f28aff7617acf01bb.png

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention we went to Mbar after The Club Lounge. Actually the bars are comparable. Also cute twinks who are naughty and willing to play. They are very friendly. And so is the owner. This woman had a bar in Sunnee Plaza first and moved to Jomtien. 

They have some kind of show on small stage in the bar that ends around midnight. We missed that as we came after midnight, so can't comment on that. 

What I didn't like in Mbar is the strong distinguished smell of mothballs. 

24 minutes ago, emiel1981 said:

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention we went to Mbar after The Club Lounge. Actually the bars are comparable. Also cute twinks who are naughty and willing to play. They are very friendly. And so is the owner. This woman had a bar in Sunnee Plaza first and moved to Jomtien. 

They have some kind of show on small stage in the bar that ends around midnight. We missed that as we came after midnight, so can't comment on that. 

What I didn't like in Mbar is the strong distinguished smell of mothballs. 

I recently stayed eleven nights at the Zing hotel and finished every night with a visit to M Bar. Named after Mama M, who previously was the mamasan at Cupidol in BOyzTown, she is great fun, if a little overbearing at times, and skilled at extracting every last baht from your pocket before you tip out of the bar at say 1am or 2am in the morning.

The shows here are at 10pm and midnight, the latter being a little more raunchy, largely, I suspect, because the boys (of which there are a great many) have soaked up enough boy-drinks to feel less inhibited. You are going to get more flashes of bums and cocks with the midnight towel dance, and the boys also know that their 'accidental' flashes get bigger tips haha. 

Most of the boys are gay, some prefer to be tops others, bottoms, but the ones I had back up to my room were pretty versatile.

To my mind, at the moment, it is the most fun bar in the Complex,