Riobard

Olympics streaming I’m impressed with

• Members

I view in real time or tape and watch both NBC and CBC coverage. They have taken to sometimes miniaturizing events on the screen during a plentiful array of commercials. I get that sponsors are essential and I don’t mind, though usually fast-forwarding from recordings.

My app streaming choice came down to Peacock or CBC Gem. I already have the latter for a few bucks monthly, so the obvious choice. Live full events then archived for later attention. Organized by sport and day, no ads, total unbroken event coverage rather than jumping around, and capacity to forward the recording at 10-second intervals or using the time bar during slow parts, or slowing or freezing the speed over some parts worth fixating over. 

Less excitable broadcast announcers but sometimes it’s preferable to just judge quality through one’s own personal lens.

And no, not gonna post my Bell Fibe credit card receipts lest they get irreversibly caught in the cracks and crevices. 

• Members

I have no basis for comparing with Peacock. That platform hosts a few shows that pique my interest. I have been tentatively planning a one-week trial option, if still available, to binge through of a cold dark winter week.

25 minutes ago, Riobard said:

I view in real time or tape and watch both NBC and CBC coverage. They have taken to sometimes miniaturizing events on the screen during a plentiful array of commercials.

this year, after 32 years of break I decided watch Olympics again and with plenty of time on my hands I marathon daily 8am to 4 pm and again  8 to 11 pm , day after day.

I don't use ant platform , just watch what is available for free on public TV and that is plenty. But after 10 days noisy and repetitive commercial are getting under my collar. I understand that it's a price for free TV but still at times I feel it's too much. Good that some genius invented ' mute' button on my remote. It's already showing sign of wear and tear ( and so am I ). Only 4 more days to go !

• Members

Two daily marathons? 10K to start as well as evening 5K? Impressive. Olympics really can be inspiring.

giphy-downsized.gif