CallMeLee

Bangkok Trip Report: August 2024

On 9/14/2024 at 6:28 AM, CallMeLee said:

Determined to stir things up, I pressed further. "If I were a friend, where would you take me for a fun night?" He got the hint, hailed a taxi, and we ended up at some random bar outside Silom. I can't recall the name, but thank heavens it wasn't an EDM club. The live band played a mix of Thai and English songs, and the vibe was delightfully chill. I genuinely enjoyed myself, and from his smile, I'd say he did too.

Can you describe where exactly outside Silom is this bar? I love listening to Thai music but the live bands in the bars in Silom area don't play Thai music.

3 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

there wasn't even space to sit! Once the show ended and the crowd thinned out

3 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

He shyly explained he hadn't been offed in a week

Little factoids like these are very helpful. The bars are incentivised to make money from selling drinks to people who primarily come in to watch the show. The boys however may be the ones paying the price. The offing customer may be marginalised because of several consequences of the showbar effect (no seats left, too many women), and so the rate at which boys are offed may be lower than it could be.

To make up, boys (and mamasans) may be pushing for higher compensation whenever they get off'd.

Congratulations

Smiling Jupiter boy and long time on top of it, that's something ! Hope he did not help you to break the bank.

Macaroni is spot on , boys at both soi 4 bars have  limited opportunity to promote themselves as here's either show and/ or in case of Jupiter , singing with boys hidden in the corner

42 minutes ago, vinapu said:

smiling Jupiter boy and long time on top of it, that's something ! Hope he did not help you to break the bank

I had to take out a small loan from the nearby Kasikorn Bank to afford him, but did I mention he was smiling!? Lol.

Kidding aside, it was a few hundred baht more—nay, a thousand—than usual. But with the planets aligned and it being my last night, it would've been a shame not to celebrate such a rare occurrence.

42 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Macaroni is spot on , boys at both soi 4 bars have  limited opportunity to promote themselves as here's either show and/ or in case of Jupiter , singing with boys hidden in the corner

Agree. I think to some extent, fresh boys got the mix correct with boy performance and showcase neatly interspersed in between drag/lady boy numbers.

I have to mention Hotmale as well but their boys do 100% of performance. Not that I'm complaining!

7 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

t

some stuck to the 'constipated model' brief

their boys sporting their 'constipated model' looks

I love the way you describe the Jupiter guys - and I agree totally.

BUT, when I was @vinapu in August at Jupiter - we had the privilege to sit upstairs where most of the guys did not keep the 'constipated model' look - until they would descend the stairs onto the stage for Showtime - where constipation is required.

We had a good laugh when he climaxed, unloading buckets. He shyly explained he hadn't been offed in a week, so it had been building up.

and what a happy ending - you helped the guy to release his tension from 1 week of constant constipation

Bravo!!!

29 minutes ago, CallMeLee said:

✓Saphan Kwai Shops 

These shops are starting to claim a larger share of my trip funds—and I’m not mad about it. 

I need to go over and visit these places - as they are getting repetitive rave reviews and I have not yet ventured there yet.

29 minutes ago, CallMeLee said:

I’m considering switching up my reporting style next time—shorter, plus snappier. Don't want to bore you guys with my extended waffling about some random stuff. Lol. Let me know if this new approach will work!

I adore your current writing style and I never felt that they were full of "extended waffling" - I often find joy in extra words as sometimes the magic or what made a situation unique is hidden in this "extended waffling".

On 9/14/2024 at 4:58 AM, CallMeLee said:

In the afternoon, I treated myself to a scrub and massage combo with Tongtong at SSENSE. Normally, I prefer more "legit" spas for scrubs, but after my first session with Tongtong three trips ago, it's now a must-do. Not only does he do a fantastic job, but he's easy on the eyes too. He's a bit reserved, but after four sessions, he's loosened up a bit.

Thanks to your recommendation I recently tried out the body scrub at Ssense with Tong and I was very satisfied. 

Great report!

I’m considering switching up my reporting style next time—shorter, plus snappier. Don't want to bore you guys with my extended waffling about some random stuff. Lol. Let me know if this new approach will work!

Till next time! 😃

don't worry about how readers look at your reports, very fact that you write them is precious  and enriching forum.

hopefully your next trip is sooner than later 

6 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Not from me. There are hits and misses, no different from massage places in other parts of the city. The only difference is that, unlike duds from tonier shops, a dud in Saphan Khwai hurts the pocket less.

I second your opinion but fact that even if dud , hurts pocket less,  is actually a big plus for the area and worth travelling those 20 minutes from Silom ghetto

14 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I love the way you describe the Jupiter guys - and I agree totally.

BUT, when I was @vinapu in August at Jupiter - we had the privilege to sit upstairs where most of the guys did not keep the 'constipated model' look - until they would descend the stairs onto the stage for Showtime - where constipation is required.

and what a happy ending - you helped the guy to release his tension from 1 week of constant constipation

Bravo!!!

A noble act!

8 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I need to go over and visit these places - as they are getting repetitive rave reviews and I have not yet ventured there yet.

I adore your current writing style and I never felt that they were full of "extended waffling" - I often find joy in extra words as sometimes the magic or what made a situation unique is hidden in this "extended waffling".

I agree!

14 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Glad u had great time with Jupiter guy. Able to share how much he asked for LT?

Thanks. Everything summed up to 4.7K including the tip I added the following morning.

Amount not within my usual budget range but I decided to treat myself as it was my last night. And did I mention that he smiled at me?! 😂 😍🤪

8 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

Thanks. Everything summed up to 4.7K including the tip I added the following morning.

that's not bad at all considering recent trends.

While visiting earlier this year  I overheard boy there asking 5000 for short time and from I saw , he got it. Sometimes it's better to over pay and be happy with time spent than save some money and get disinterested  sandbag.

If you got his Line , next time you may even avoid drinks at bar, just call him over and promise to pay his off fee and you are set.