CallMeLee

Bangkok Trip Report: August 2024

• Members

I would like to have read what I sense was the OP’s well articulated trip report. Gave up.

The thread is somewhat like wading through incessantly inserted commercial ads on an X thread. Or sitting in a movie theatre with other attendees gabbing or flashing their bright phone screens. Let an OP breathe, perhaps, with emoticons and brief references to his content the only prompting needed?

Just a reminder that there’s life beyond the board and it’s not necessary to monopolize every dinner table.

18 minutes ago, CallMeLee said:

We started chatting, building that all-important rapport, and just when things were getting interesting and building towards an off, one of the mamasans decided to butt in.

He tried to fast-track the negotiation, throwing out prices for a short time without even letting us finish our conversation. Must be my mistake that I mentioned I'm looking for long time as the mamasan suddenly huffed and puffed and kept pushing, insisting that nobody does long time anymore. My guy looked annoyed, and so was I, so I decided to pull the plug on the whole thing. I handed my guy a pink bill as a gesture of goodwill and said I wasn’t interested after all.

Then, in a move that left me almost speechless, the mamasan had the audacity to stick out his hand and ask for a "tip for mama". I stared at him in disbelief before flatly saying, “No,” and turned back to my drink.

Mamasan had his agenda and it appears to be aimed at getting the boy back to the bar for last show. The excuse "nobody does long time anymore" is a new one in my experience. You definitely made right move when he asked for tip.

1 hour ago, CallMeLee said:

Must be my mistake that I mentioned I'm looking for long time as the mamasan suddenly huffed and puffed and kept pushing, insisting that nobody does long time anymore

Agreed that you could just keep the LT part away from mamasan. All she needs to know is whether you are offing the boy or not. 

I usually just send the mamasan away saying come back later, or i want to watch show first, if im still undecided.

On 8/29/2024 at 7:59 PM, Riobard said:

I would like to have read what I sense was the OP’s well articulated trip report.

That's the beauty of the forum. Neither you nor as a matter of fact anybody else, gets to read what one likes, instead we get to read ( or not) of what is contributed including some posts we would be hard pressed to consider them entertaining. 

I agree about high quality of report but as always high quality prose invites whole array of responses, and comments. 

Count your blessings and stop complaining. 

17 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

Then, in a move that left me almost speechless, the mamasan had the audacity to stick out his hand and ask for a "tip for mama". I stared at him in disbelief before flatly saying, “No,” and turned back to my drink.

I'm proud of you. This is how those pushy requests, be it Mamasan for tips or boy requesting extraorbitant tip for 1 HR  session should be handled. Instead of trying to be polite and diplomatic simple " no" works the best. 

16 hours ago, spoon said:

Agreed that you could just keep the LT part away from mamasan. All she needs to know is whether you are offing the boy or not. 

I usually just send the mamasan away saying come back later, or i want to watch show first, if im still undecided.

+1

I tell them " I like the girls" even if my arm is wrapped around the boy or, perish the thought, placed strategically weeeeell above the knee. 

Two days ago in Moonlight I witnessed Mamasan bringing boy uninvited to my friend sitting beside me, awkward moment for both boy and customer. 

19 hours ago, spoon said:

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

+1

I tell them " I like the girls" even if my arm is wrapped around the boy or, perish the thought, placed strategically weeeeell above the knee. 

Two days ago in Moonlight I witnessed Mamasan bringing boy uninvited to my friend sitting beside me, awkward moment for both boy and customer. 

Yes - I think I was absentmindedly engaging with the mamasan and the information just spilled out.

Looking back though, with almost all bars I went to, (Good Boy, Dreamboys, Hotmale, Banana) the mamasan is so active and vocal selling the LT experience. First time indeed I came across such refusal from mamasan as if he's the one I'm taking home with me 😂 

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

It may take a time as overall this trip is not going particularly well but there are gems here and there. 

Sorry to hear that.  I hope things improve, and that you get some excellent  new stamps.

Based on the above, is it safe to say that its possible to remove Mamasan or Papasan from picture?

e.g. just wave at the boy, get him off, pay the bar fine (?) and walk off the premise.

also, assuming that they can get off after the last show over or can sometimes they leave earlier. i dont know how much energy in the wee hours.

2 hours ago, Verchiele said:

Based on the above, is it safe to say that its possible to remove Mamasan or Papasan from picture?

e.g. just wave at the boy, get him off, pay the bar fine (?) and walk off the premise.

also, assuming that they can get off after the last show over or can sometimes they leave earlier. i dont know how much energy in the wee hours.

1. Yes, totally possible. However in my case, mamasan still invited herself and joined our conversation. 

To be fair, there are Mamasans in Good boy, Hotmale and Banana that I have built good rapport with and more importantly, they know when to engage and when to remove themselves in the equation.

2. Maybe younger ones have the stamina to get back to the stage after an early off. I just can't imagine the logistics behind that. I mean, it was totally possible during the era when shows starts 8pm.

6 hours ago, Verchiele said:

Tell the bothersome mamasan that you "want to talk to my friend two people" ..and don't take no for an answer. Shift your seat, or his, if you have to. Don't let them push you around.....

7 hours ago, Verchiele said:

This is what I do. Wave boy to seat beside, discuss what needs to be discussed with him , order drink for him or not and try to limit mamasans involvement to collecting off fee only.

You can off themat any time but those who participate in the show may be restricted to going only after their number in the show but this is relatively rare

16 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

Sending good vibes your way! Here’s hoping your next Thailand trip is ten times the fun and packed with all the sexiness you missed out on this time around!

Thank you. You have a good heart ! 

About next Thailand trip I have two hopes, that it will be ten times the  fun and packed with sexiness as you said and that it won't happen any time soon, lol

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Thank you. You have a good heart ! 

About next Thailand trip I have two hopes, that it will be ten times the  fun and packed with sexiness as you said and that it won't happen any time soon, lol

Hoping that it won't happen  any time soon? Not like you...