Daniu

Bangkok Experience

Thanks for taking the time to report on all the bars you visited.

You had a good time at two of the three bars where you offed guys and that's an acceptable ratio. Your tips were in line with what I believe is fair for ST encounters.

You were indeed fair with the with the guy from Good Boy. Although he has the right to ask for more, you were correct in standing your ground; 2500 is generous for ST at Patpong bars. And the excuse "you too big" was identical to another member's account about off from same bar earlier this year.

Encouraging to hear another good report about Hotmale boys.

It sounds like 9-Teen operated on a rotation system which many shops due if you don't request a specific boy. Personally, if I can't find a guy that makes positive eye contact and smiles at this point, I will usually move on to another shop.

6 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Thank you for this detailed report. Old timers like me are always interested to see how newbies respond to the scene and what they think of it.

+1, it couldn't be said better

8 hours ago, Daniu said:

Hi everyone,

I recently spent some time in Bangkok and had the opportunity to explore various bars in Silom and decided to share.  This wasn’t my first time in Thailand but it was my first time staying in Bangkok. I've detailed my encounters at places like Fresh Boys, Good Boy, Dreamboys, Hot Male, and 9-Teen during August 1st-5th 2024. 

Also

I found this forum thanks to the post  “ 2 weeks in Bangkok!” I found it very helpful so thanks to all who contributed to that.

AIRPORT 

I got out of the airport, and it was time to negotiate with the cab driver. I checked out Grab, and it said it should be 350 to the hotel or 550 for a premium car, so I used that as a base for the cab. The guy quoted me 700, so I countered with 450. In the end, we settled at 550, which I guess is okay.

FRESH BOYS

I went to Fresh Boys. There were about 40 boys, intercut with drag/shower/big dick shows. Oddly enough, I received a message on Grindr from a cute guy about 15 minutes before I walked into the bar. Some playful boys joked with me from the stage about which one would make a better bottom for me today. It was cute. I called the boy over, a small Thai boy. He said he was the one who messaged me and that he liked my type. It all might be BS, but it made me feel good. I took a boy home: 500 to the bar and 2000 for the boy. Good.

GOOD BOY

The first thing I noticed was that the bar had a bit of a hidden entrance, as it is on the first floor and the stairs to Fresh Boys kind of hide it. I found the place and was first taken aback because they just let me in. No one showed me to a seat, which I was not used to. I sat down, and they came and asked me to buy a drink. I got a gin and soda, as always. The place was medium busy and all Chinese. The place is a rectangle shape, and the stage is on a short end. It can feel a bit cramped.  There were at least 30 boys all on stage, so it was easy to see them. The good thing is, before the drag show, they had them all parade down the center island, and I got to see each one. The selection seemed a bit weaker than Fresh Boys, but only slightly. Almost 100% twink. I tried to get there before the show started at 10, but I got there about 5 minutes before, so I had to sit through it. The sad thing was I saw a boy I wanted when I walked in, but I didn't see him again for 40 minutes. Many seemed not to be Thai (the mamasan told me this). The mamasan was really good and helped me pick a boy since many of them are straight or have very specific combinations of services. In the end, I took a great guy from Myanmar. Yoyo #77.

DREAMBOYS

I went there at 9 o'clock and, there were 8 boys on stage, so I asked, and they just told me I was too early. I had never been to one of these bars this early before, but I really wanted to avoid a show. So I left and came back at 11. Of course, all the boys were sitting outside waiting for the show to be over. It was kind of a big cock show, but the boys were gyrating around wearing Covid masks. I liked the layout of this place because the stage is sufficiently elevated, and there is a good amount of seating. But then, at about 10 past 11, there was a pretty long lull in the show in which the stage was empty while some music played. This was worse than having to watch the show. At least 3 customers left as we waited. About 15 minutes past, a drag queen started. Maybe this is the norm, but all the other shows had been tight.

Afterward, the boys came to the stage. The first thing I noticed is that they are more full-bodied than the other two bars. More stocky and muscled. About 30 boys. One thing I noticed was that the boys didn’t really wave or flirt with the audience, probably because the stage was more elevated and brighter lit than most places I’ve been. Maybe the guys can’t make eye contact with customers well. But I really like a boy who shows interest. Maybe it was for that reason that none of them caught my eye. I ended up leaving and going back to Good Boy to get the other guy who caught my eye the day before. 

There was a particularly pretty Vietnamese guy. As we walked, he bragged about how he was the #1 boy in the bar. (I should have known then.) He acted like a boy who knew he was pretty. He did everything enough but he didn’t sufficiently hide that they were just going though the motions. Unfortunately, he didn’t seem to really clean his ass, and things didn’t go well. After a clean up we got back to it, and he wasn’t really taking dick well, so I ended up finishing myself. My mistake was that we hadn’t agreed to a price before we left the bar, so I assumed it would be 2000-2500, which is their normal rate. As soon as I gave him 2500 he seemed disappointed, he started demanding an extra 500 because I was too big. Then he somehow started demanding an extra 1000. I held firm because I knew I was already paying enough, and to be honest the service wasn’t really great.

HOTMALE

It was a little hard to find, and the stairs to the entrance are a bit obscure. I walked in and was shown a seat. I got there at 10:15. At this point, I figured I’d just sit through the show. There were about 15 boys there. Most had builds like Dreamboys (not muscle boys but not twinks)  but were much more friendly and approachable. Speaking of which, there was a guy who was just my type who greeted me as soon as I walked in. I didn’t get my hopes up because most of the boys I like have been “straight or top.” The mamasan told me he can do everything and inquired about some more boys. It seems there are a lot of boys that I might be interested in that can bottom. I hurry up and starch they boy up and take him to my hotel. 500 to the bar and 2000 for him. 

9-Teen

At the end of the street The Quarter is in, there are lots of gay massage places, all with boys sitting outside calling to you. I personally prefer to get massages in my hotel room so I can be nice and comfy after it's done, but I wanted to try. I walked past the shop a few times to get a look at the boys. Honestly, none of them caught my eye. There was a guy who seemed to be the main greeter or barker who was cute but not really in a sexual way. So I just walked in and looked at the menu. I honestly didn’t know the difference, so I’ll put this here for anyone who needs it. (Thai means they make you put on their clothes, and they put you in different positions and stretches . Aroma means oil, and it’s the more traditional thing I think of when it comes to massage. Mostly naked under a towel.) I ended up with a 90-minute massage: Thai/aroma 900 Bhat. We went inside, and it was very clean but a little dark. We went up a lot of stairs. At least 4 floors, but it seemed like 5 floors. The room was very nice and had a shower with a toilet. I was worried about this because the last spa I went to had a shared bathroom at the end of a hallway and I found it very uncomfortable. Oh yeah, the boy. As soon as I paid, there was a guy standing behind me who told me he would take care of me. He wasn’t bad. He was tall-ish, maybe 5’10”, and not super skinny. Back to the room, neither massage, the Thai or oil, was particularly good. The guy tried, but it was just fine at best. The pants they gave me to wear were uncomfortable, so I had taken them off and was under a towel. During this part, the guy lightly moved my dick to one side or the other and generally petting it a bit each time. These strokes became more frequent as we moved through the oil massage. The massage finished, and I was on my back and hard, so I asked him to jerk me off. He asked for 1000 baht, and I agreed.

You said you received a message on Grindr 15 minutes before you entered the bar.  How did the guy know your number?  Are our cellphones being tracked?

8 hours ago, Daniu said:

AIRPORT 

I got out of the airport, and it was time to negotiate with the cab driver. I checked out Grab, and it said it should be 350 to the hotel or 550 for a premium car, so I used that as a base for the cab. The guy quoted me 700, so I countered with 450. In the end, we settled at 550, which I guess is okay.

FRESH BOYS

He said ..... that he liked my type. It all might be BS, but it made me feel good

GOOD BOY

I got a gin and soda, as always.

There was a particularly pretty Vietnamese guy. As we walked, he bragged about how he was the #1 boy in the bar.  Unfortunately, he didn’t seem to really clean his ass, ......... My mistake was that we hadn’t agreed to a price before we left the bar, so I assumed it would be 2000-2500, which is their normal rate. As soon as I gave him 2500 he seemed disappointed, 

HOTMALE

It was a little hard to find, and the stairs to the entrance are a bit obscure. 

9-Teen

At the end of the street The Quarter is in, there are lots of gay massage places, all with boys sitting outside calling to you. I personally prefer to get massages in my hotel room so I can be nice and comfy after it's done,

Great and engaging report, thank you . Few unsolicited  comments from me

My experience with airport taxis is limited as I usually take train but there's no need to haggle about the price as there's always another taxi available but I understand sometimes all we want is to be in hotel ASAP, hell or high water. 550 is a bit high but not really much as fare would be 300-350, plus obligatory 50 airport fee not included in fare plus 70 baht tolls so say 420-470 to Silom area anyways 

Guy at Fresh Boy did what he was supposed to do  i.e to make you feel good, who  cares what he really thought ?

instead of diluting gin with soda next time try vinapu cocktail , 70 % of gin and 30 % of gin

plenty of warning signals from Good Boys guy. Boasting about himself is not ingrained in Asian culture I think. 

About hygiene, it was gross and I'd say even warranting dismissal with minimum negotiated tip. Unclean ass , that's super rare. If I bring guy I make sure we both shower , preferably together right after we undress. Even if he protests he just took shower I take advantage of upper hand and tell him I like to shower with him anyways and they oblige. Only exception I'd make is for well rehearsed , previously multi - offed guys.

Yes, to avoid nasty haggling I think it's better to settle on compensation  in advance , specially now when we see price scissors opening wide with some guys happy with 1500-2000 and others starting at 3000 if not 5000 and we are talking about short time and guys from the same bar or massage place.

At Hot Male stairs are usually bit hidden but there are barkers inviting you to go up. I guess you arrived when they took short break.

that street is soi 6 often featuring in forum posts.

You are talking about Quarter Silom, in soi Sala Daeng is another Quarter, Quarter SalaDaeng, also popular even if but further from the scene . Quarter Silom , new and shiny with tiny rooms, Quarter SalaDaeng older but with big rooms .

Equally confusing are Furama hotels in the area, Fruama Silom and Furama Sathorn, similarly priced , older hotels with big rooms .

Most guys from massage places can be taken off to your room ( some boys may not be keen if they don't know you ) , usually at cost of 1 -1.5 hr massage and minimum tip may be requested to be paid up front

28 minutes ago, brall3 said:

You said you received a message on Grindr 15 minutes before you entered the bar.  How did the guy know your number?  Are our cellphones being tracked?

perhaps coincidence , happened to me few times. Guy see new arrival profile in the area so are spreading their nets

To me, the boys in these gogobars serve almost exclusively foreign tourists. They know what to say and how to act to please you in the front so that they can get your money. Most of them are not good in bed, according to my experience.

I go to these bars only for shows and appreciate the bananas. I rarely take them out unless one of them is really my type that I cannot resist.

1 hour ago, Daniu said:

That guy was the bother of the guy I'm talking about. I thought he was the same guy at first until the mamasan told me. I was strongly considering to off him just to see how similar they are in bed but I decided not to waste money on an experiment. 

At one time precovid there were three brothers from same family working Screw Boy (now Good Boy). Adding to the potential confusion, one went by the same name of another boy there but they were not related.  I think they've all been mentioned here over time.

12 minutes ago, reader said:

At one time precovid there were three brothers from same family working Screw Boy (now Good Boy). Adding to the potential confusion, one went by the same name of another boy there but they were not related.  I think they've all been mentioned here over time.

now I'm completely confused who is who but good news for me is

a/ Good Boy is not usually my hunting ground

b/ it's only bar where I know mamasan, who recognizes me well,   so I m confident i will be steered in the right direction

I spend at least part of my stay in Bangkok at Quarter Silom, the only reason being that it's super close to The One bar. Early in my current visit, I walked through the alley to Silom and I too thought I would try 9-teen. This was my first venture at a gay massage parlour. There were 2 attractive guys sitting at the entrance and I thought that either of these would be perfect. Well... silly me. I was taken inside and handed over to another masseur who wasn't my type at all. I'm not the sort of person who would want to embarrass anyone, so I just decided to go ahead with it. I paid for the massage at reception, but there was no mention of a tip to be paid for "extras". All in all, it didn't work out the way I had planned.

So my question to the regular members of the forum is this. Should I have said to either of the boys at the entrance that I would like one of them to be my masseur?  And surely there should have been an indication about the cost of a tip for a happy ending too. I also like the suggestion of maybe having the massage in the hotel room, especially with Quarter Silom being only a hop, step and a jump away.

47 minutes ago, Kiwi306 said:

Should I have said to either of the boys at the entrance that I would like one of them to be my masseur?

Yes. I wont go in otherwise. The only exception is legit place like prime during peak period. Low season, even prime allow me to choose from a very limited selection through ipad pic.

2 hours ago, Kiwi306 said:

So my question to the regular members of the forum is this. Should I have said to either of the boys at the entrance that I would like one of them to be my masseur? 

or, avoid these kind of places to avoid this discomfort that these places put us in by insisting that we go with the "next up" available masseur.

In Bangkok, you have the wonderful luxury where many of the massage shops have booking systems (often via Line or Twitter) where you can pre-book your desired masseur and avoid all of the saving face discomforts.  Also, there are massage shops that if you arrived unannounced, they will do a line up (within the shop and off the street) and allow you to choose the guy from the available selection (Jey Spa, Senso, Arena, etc.).

My regular guy in Pattaya - he takes care of me the entire time and I've been seeing him for around 10 years  - used to work with his brother in the now-defunct Eros Bar.

They are total opposites in every aspect.

My guy has it all - drop-dead gorgeous, swimmer's body, quiet and gentle, all backed up with a huge Isaan cock.

His brother is small and missed out on the big cock. A customer was smitten by him and bought him a motorcycle, but when he returned to Pattaya, he didn't want anything to do with him. My guy was shocked by his attitude. Unfortunately, he spent all his earnings on alcohol (and drugs, I suspect) and his brother was always bailing him out. I asked him why he continually helped him with money, "He my brother', he replied.

I found it strange that 2 brothers could work in the same bar, especially as Eros was a hands-on bar where everything except fucking took place (they had a room inside the bar for that.) When my guy told me his brother wanted me to jack him off, I was happy to oblige but then his brother sat and watched! 

"Is your younger brother embarrased that your watching? I asked.

"No problem," he replied.

His sister also worked in a girlie bar on Walking Street. So sex ran in the family.

So the moral of the story is, just because they are brothers doesn't always mean they are similar.

11 hours ago, Daniu said:

That guy was the bother of the guy I'm talking about. I thought he was the same guy at first until the mamasan told me. I was strongly considering to off him just to see how similar they are in bed but I decided not to waste money on an experiment. 

Agree with @a-447 that you shouldnt made that assumption that brothers will be similar in anyway. Doesnt have to look far to see if any two siblings are similar or different. I consider myself very different than any of my siblings hehe.