Stable Genius

The Great Debate

• Members
2 hours ago, Suckrates said:

He is running on RACISM, and is now openly surrounding himself with infamous Racists. 

scotttrump-ap-sg-11924_1705718814819_hpM

I'm pretty sure Tim Scott doesn't see himself supporting a racist agenda for America.

If The Big Switch had happened before Trump chose JD Vance, I wonder if he would have picked Scott (or Haley) instead.  I'm glad he didn't.  Vance will help Trump lose.  And, until proven wrong, I will view Scott as a "better angels" path for Republicans to follow after Trump face plants.  For sure, everyone inside the GOP says that there will be a battle royal among Republicans once Trump is finally out of the way.

CNN exit polls say Trump got 12 % of the Black vote and about one third of the Latino vote in 2020.   This is the mystery of Trump 2024.  If he only hammered on how the cost of living and inflation were lower when he was POTUS, way more than 12 % of Blacks would agree with him.  If he only hammered on how Biden and Harris let the border get out of control, way more than one third of Latinos would agree with him.  So why is he doing racist code, like suggesting Harris became Black?  Smart people like Ruy Teixeira think differently.  But my guess is that, in the end, Harris will get about the same share of Black and Latino voters as Biden did in 2020.  If that happens, she will win.

HLXC32U24FEZVJCOTTWCA3WH4U.jpg

I think all the racism stuff actually demotivates a lot of Republicans.  I think we know the Proud Boys and KKK types will vote for Trump, anyway.  So I think what happens is that suburban women in Georgia who are right of center get turned off.  They vote for Warnock and feel good about it.  They may vote for Harris, or they just may not vote.  Meanwhile, this just lights a fire under Kamala's organizing and fundraising among left of center people of color.

FT_17.05.10_Voter-turnout.png

That's the other thing that matters bigly.  Some recent polls say Democrats are now even MORE motivated to vote than Republicans.  Which is a big change from three months ago.  So I think every time Trump says or does something explicitly or implicitly racist, it probably helps Democratic turnout.  And hurts Republican turnout among the moderates who like Trump's right-of-center policies but don't like the racism and narcissism and democracy-killing lies.

Why is Trump being such a racist fool?  Who knows.  I'm not a doctor or a shrink.  But the best answer might be age, just like it was for Biden.  I always remember some Black author who said back in 2016 that by electing Trump America was basically resurrecting 1980's style racism (Central Park Five) without really intending to.  I think that's a fair statement.  With emphasis on the fact that many Trump voters really don't want 80's style racism with their tax cuts.  Trump may just be old and stuck.  In 2016 he was clearly able to let Chris Christie whip him into shape for the debates with Clinton, where he focused on winning issues like NAFTA.  Now he does dogs, cats, and Harris turned Black one day.  He's just an old flabby fool with a 20th century view of race.  Kamala embodies a new way forward as a strong and winning multi-racial capitalist democracy.

As a tangential point, a new poll shows Will Rollins up 6 points in his US House race against Ken Calvert.   He's the LGBTQ prosecutor who ran against Calvert in 2022 and narrowly lost.  In other words, he's Gay Kamala.  I just gave my fourth $100 donation to him.  Here's his website.  This district was redistricted in 2020 to include Palm Springs.  So it moved from solid red to toss up.  I read that 2000 more Democrats have registered since 2022, and GOP registration is actually down.  Rollins lost by about 10,000 votes in 2022.  So turnout - the combination of highly motivated Democrats and Republicans who decide it's not worth voting - could be fatal to Calvert in 2024.

• Members
29 minutes ago, stevenkesslar said:

I'm pretty sure Tim Scott doesn't see himself supporting a racist agenda for America.

If The Big Switch had happened before Trump chose JD Vance, I wonder if he would have picked Scott (or Haley) instead.  I'm glad he didn't.  Vance will help Trump lose.  And, until proven wrong, I will view Scott as a "better angels" path for Republicans to follow after Trump face plants.  For sure, everyone inside the GOP says that there will be a battle royal among Republicans once Trump is finally out of the way.

CNN exit polls say Trump got 12 % of the Black vote and about one third of the Latino vote in 2020.   This is the mystery of Trump 2024.  If he only hammered on how the cost of living and inflation were lower when he was POTUS, way more than 12 % of Blacks would agree with him.  If he only hammered on how Biden and Harris let the border get out of control, way more than one third of Latinos would agree with him.  So why is he doing racist code, like suggesting Harris became Black?  Smart people like Ruy Teixeira think differently.  But my guess is that, in the end, Harris will get about the same share of Black and Latino voters as Biden did in 2020.  If that happens, she will win.

I think all the racism stuff actually demotivates a lot of Republicans.  I think we know the Proud Boys and KKK types will vote for Trump, anyway.  So I think what happens is that suburban women in Georgia who are right of center get turned off.  They vote for Warnock and feel good about it.  They may vote for Harris, or they just may not vote.  Meanwhile, this just lights a fire under Kamala's organizing and fundraising among left of center people of color.

That's the other thing that matters bigly.  Some recent polls say Democrats are now even MORE motivated to vote than Republicans.  Which is a big change from three months ago.  So I think every time Trump says or does something explicitly or implicitly racist, it probably helps Democratic turnout.  And hurts Republican turnout among the moderates who like Trump's right-of-center policies but don't like the racism and narcissism and democracy-killing lies.

Why is Trump being such a racist fool?  Who knows.  I'm not a doctor or a shrink.  But the best answer might be age, just like it was for Biden.  I always remember some Black author who said back in 2016 that by electing Trump America was basically resurrecting 1980's style racism (Central Park Five) without really intending to.  I think that's a fair statement.  With emphasis on the fact that many Trump voters really don't want 80's style racism with their tax cuts.  Trump may just be old and stuck.  In 2016 he was clearly able to let Chris Christie whip him into shape for the debates with Clinton, where he focused on winning issues like NAFTA.  Now he does dogs, cats, and Harris turned Black one day.  He's just an old flabby fool with a 20th century view of race.  Kamala embodies a new way forward as a strong and winning multi-racial capitalist democracy.

As a tangential point, a new poll shows Will Rollins up 6 points in his US House race against Ken Calvert.   He's the LGBTQ prosecutor who ran against Calvert in 2022 and narrowly lost.  In other words, he's Gay Kamala.  I just gave my fourth $100 donation to him.  Here's his website.  This district was redistricted in 2020 to include Palm Springs.  So it moved from solid red to toss up.  I read that 2000 more Democrats have registered since 2022, and GOP registration is actually down.  Rollins lost by about 10,000 votes in 2022.  So turnout - the combination of highly motivated Democrats and Republicans who decide it's not worth voting - could be fatal to Calvert in 2024.

Tim Scott is a get along Uncle Tom who sold out his identity to climb the Trump ladder of power.  Perhaps he doesnt hate blacks but he surely doesnt Respect them.    If he did, there is no way he would carry Trumps Jesus sandals.  I cant understand ANY person of color supporting Trump, and I really dont believe those that do identify as BLACK.  And if they DO, that makes it even worse. 

• Members
7 hours ago, stevenkesslar said:

Or maybe the Kremlin has pictures of Tim Scott nakey with a pretty young man.

Then all bets are off outside of doing what Russia and King Baby ask.

By the way, have you seen Scott's wife?  She has a sketchy past.  Getting chummy with Scott could have been a mutual solution.

image.thumb.png.b01c611557cbb3d50cbe4e47b6b12ef6.png

I had similar thoughts whether Trump would have been in better shape with Scott than Shady Vance.  Now that Scott has past the marriage litmus test that LindseyBelle never could, the poor fellow has hitched his wagon but with nowhere to go.

As far as Rollins, he is running a nice TV add this weekend.  I've been sending him $$ weekly.  I hope the voters do the right thing 

image.png.16dcc88568d1f225f4960ac190be9cd3.png

• Members
9 hours ago, Pete1111 said:

Or maybe the Kremlin has pictures of Tim Scott nakey with a pretty young man.

Then all bets are off outside of doing what Russia and King Baby ask.

By the way, have you seen Scott's wife?  She has a sketchy past.  Getting chummy with Scott could have been a mutual solution.

image.thumb.png.b01c611557cbb3d50cbe4e47b6b12ef6.png

'THAT's one MAGA bitch if I ever saw one.....She definitely uses a strapon in HIM.    And calls him BOY !

VonShizInPantz has been publicly claiming for almost a decade that he has a healthcare plan to replace Obamacare that would provide more coverage, cover more people and be more affordable. Now, he stupidly admits it's only a "concept". Why didn't he just continue the lie that he had a plan? Is his forgetfulness about his plan just another example of his dementia?