Stable Genius

The Great Debate

On the debate I expect that Trump will organize his rally - err debate - on September 4th and claim from the stage that Harris was afraid to "debate" him.  I think she should have a rally on the same night, to up stage him with her crowd, and keep the focus on the real agreed upon debate date and format on September 10th.  

Also, rather than a debate, I want them both to appear on Celebrity Jeopardy.  US State Capitals for $100. Bible Verses for $200. 

• Members

At his ridiculous LIE filled press conference today, Trump said he has agreed to 3 debates with Cackles.... 9/4 on Fox,  9/10 on NBC and 9/25 on ABC....

Very clever scheduling of Trump to make the Fox debate FIRST, on a turf that will most likely favor him and treat him kindly....  The other 2, less so...

So I am 100% sure that after the Fox debate, he will back out of the other 2 claiming Harris was a "nasty woman" to him, attacked him and he will not do anymore debates with her....   The thing about Trump is that he is so transparent and predictable at this point, that we all know the game he is playing and the next move he will make. 

20 hours ago, Suckrates said:

At his ridiculous LIE filled press conference today, Trump said he has agreed to 3 debates with Cackles.... 9/4 on Fox,  9/10 on NBC and 9/25 on ABC....

Very clever scheduling of Trump to make the Fox debate FIRST, on a turf that will most likely favor him and treat him kindly....  The other 2, less so...

So I am 100% sure that after the Fox debate, he will back out of the other 2 claiming Harris was a "nasty woman" to him, attacked him and he will not do anymore debates with her....   The thing about Trump is that he is so transparent and predictable at this point, that we all know the game he is playing and the next move he will make. 

Is Trump's saying Kamabala an attempt at a nickname, or is more mispronunciation (like all those countries he couldn't pronounce) and evidence of even more cognitive decline of the defeated former President.  @EmmetK perhaps as an expert all things MAGA you could tell us? 

• Members
18 minutes ago, RockyRoadTravel said:

Is Trump's saying Kamabala an attempt at a nickname, or is more mispronunciation (like all those countries he couldn't pronounce) and evidence of even more cognitive decline of the defeated former President.  @EmmetK perhaps as an expert all things MAGA you could tell us? 

EmmetK has gone into hiding until after the election, and then he will return with his NEW stolen election rants, and start the new cycle of election denial 2024.  

As for your first question, I think BOTH are true.  he was attempting a jab at her name, but it came out WRONG !

• Members
5 hours ago, Suckrates said:

Donald J Trump, when he found out he'll be Debating Cackles....

What's interesting about it is the Trump campaign has done a good job of lowering expectations for Harris.  They have said she is dumb.  And she can't speak to the press because she does not know how to form sentences without a teleprompter.  Ironic, coming from Trump!  So they are setting themselves up.  Because whatever Harris is, she won't be the 2024 version of old Joe, as we saw him at his politically fatal debate.

I'll use that as a segue to throw this in, which I'm not sure where to put and which I don't want to start a new thread about:

Why Biden Was Really Forced out of the Race, According to Anita Dunn

The longtime presidential adviser blames the press and her party

That's a long and really interesting read that talks a lot about the first debate.  I'm actually surprised she went public with what is mostly a bunch of gripes.  But she might have figured my boss is out, and I'll at least take the chance to get it off my chest.

Three points about what she said, one of which deals with the debates.

First, I think Anita Dunn is right that the fact that Biden did so poorly obscured the fact that Trump did poorly, too.  Specifically, she says, independents who were reacting on dials during the debate are just sick of Trump's lies, and reacting badly to them. And they liked Biden telling the truth.  So if that is correct, and Trump does what he always does and spew lies, next time the lies and bile won't be obscured by a faltering old man on stage.  Well, Trump will be the faltering old man with low mental acuity!  😲

Second, I can't recall a time when some political theory, when implemented, proved itself to be correct so quickly.  The basic theory is that people didn't want either Trump or Biden.  So if we replace one of them, that party wins.  We now know without question that theory is true.  Now we just need to see how true it is.  It has helped that both Harris and Walz have completely smashed whatever expectations we had about them.  They are doing incredibly well, so far.  But the sense of relief is so deep and strong that it goes way beyond the specific talents of Harris or Walz.  

Third, this was the part of what Dunn said I found tragic:

Trump was not getting the kind of scrutiny that we felt he deserved, in terms of what he was saying, the policies that he was proposing and the media was trying to figure out how to cover him.

...  the net effect of it was that you continued to have a referendum on Joe Biden, and you had Donald Trump, who basically could go and say and do anything without any scrutiny. It was always our belief, and certainly bolstered by our research, that once voters actually were exposed to him again, they would be reminded strongly why they had not felt that they should reelect him to begin with. So we thought the sooner we could have that process begin, the better off we would be as a campaign.

The tragedy about that statement is it seems to confirm that Dunn and Biden's closest advisers and family simply could not see what most of America saw.  And now feels relieved about.  You can talk all you want about how Joe Biden won his debate in 2008, or 2012, or 2020.  But that is not the Joe Biden we see and hear today.  And it does not mean he is senile.  It sounds like they genuinely did not get that.  And they did not get that, as long as Joe Biden was in the race, it was always going to be a referendum on Biden and his age.  Even though it did not have to be.  With 20/20 hindsight, that is what the debate helped crystallize.  That this was going to be a referendum on Biden's age, and it just doesn't have to be.  And now it isn't.  Nothing personal, Joe.

It's a bit funny.  Because the Democratic Party was the political force that in 1968 and 1972 reacted strongly against smoke filled rooms and party insiders controlling decisions.  And nobody wants to go back to 1968 and having Mayor Daley decide who gets to be the nominee inside while his cops beat up protesters outside.  But this is obviously not 1968. Harris/Walz was not the kind of team Mayor Daley would have picked in 1968.  So it shows a lot of growth on the part of the Democratic Party.  And now I just have this sense of gratitude that a very different set of party leaders - Pelosi, Obama, Schumer, Jeffries - did something tough that needed to be done.

37 minutes ago, stevenkesslar said:

What's interesting about it is the Trump campaign has done a good job of lowering expectations for Harris.  They have said she is dumb.  And she can't speak to the press because she does not know how to form sentences without a teleprompter.  Ironic, coming from Trump!  So they are setting themselves up.  Because whatever Harris is, she won't be the 2024 version of old Joe, as we saw him at his politically fatal debate.

I'll use that as a segue to throw this in, which I'm not sure where to put and which I don't want to start a new thread about:

Why Biden Was Really Forced out of the Race, According to Anita Dunn

The longtime presidential adviser blames the press and her party

That's a long and really interesting read that talks a lot about the first debate.  I'm actually surprised she went public with what is mostly a bunch of gripes.  But she might have figured my boss is out, and I'll at least take the chance to get it off my chest.

Three points about what she said, one of which deals with the debates.

First, I think Anita Dunn is right that the fact that Biden did so poorly obscured the fact that Trump did poorly, too.  Specifically, she says, independents who were reacting on dials during the debate are just sick of Trump's lies, and reacting badly to them. And they liked Biden telling the truth.  So if that is correct, and Trump does what he always does and spew lies, next time the lies and bile won't be obscured by a faltering old man on stage.  Well, Trump will be the faltering old man with low mental acuity!  😲

Second, I can't recall a time when some political theory, when implemented, proved itself to be correct so quickly.  The basic theory is that people didn't want either Trump or Biden.  So if we replace one of them, that party wins.  We now know without question that theory is true.  Now we just need to see how true it is.  It has helped that both Harris and Walz have completely smashed whatever expectations we had about them.  They are doing incredibly well, so far.  But the sense of relief is so deep and strong that it goes way beyond the specific talents of Harris or Walz.  

Third, this was the part of what Dunn said I found tragic:

The tragedy about that statement is it seems to confirm that Dunn and Biden's closest advisers and family simply could not see what most of America saw.  And now feels relieved about.  You can talk all you want about how Joe Biden won his debate in 2008, or 2012, or 2020.  But that is not the Joe Biden we see and hear today.  And it does not mean he is senile.  It sounds like they genuinely did not get that.  And they did not get that, as long as Joe Biden was in the race, it was always going to be a referendum on Biden and his age.  Even though it did not have to be.  With 20/20 hindsight, that is what the debate helped crystallize.  That this was going to be a referendum on Biden's age, and it just doesn't have to be.  And now it isn't.  Nothing personal, Joe.

It's a bit funny.  Because the Democratic Party was the political force that in 1968 and 1972 reacted strongly against smoke filled rooms and party insiders controlling decisions.  And nobody wants to go back to 1968 and having Mayor Daley decide who gets to be the nominee inside while his cops beat up protesters outside.  But this is obviously not 1968. Harris/Walz was not the kind of team Mayor Daley would have picked in 1968.  So it shows a lot of growth on the part of the Democratic Party.  And now I just have this sense of gratitude that a very different set of party leaders - Pelosi, Obama, Schumer, Jeffries - did something tough that needed to be done.

Fourth. In hindsight it might be a good thing that Biden did SO badly in the debate that he had no choice but to step down as the candidate.  

What America needs is an Italian mother. Hearing Nancy Pelosi on the interview circuit for her book, she is on point all the time.  She ran Congress like she must have run a house of five kids. With love and precision. She probably spoke to Biden in the same manner, "we love you Joe, it's time to go, to cement your legacy."  

• Members

Lawrence O'Donnells brilliant takedown of the media for their pandering to Trump and being tough on Kamala.  He rips them a new hole for the "trainwreck sham" Trump press conference @ Swamp-A-Lago, and how Trump "played" them.....And then calls out Trump for the FRAUD he is..

35 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

Lawrence O'Donnells brilliant takedown of the media for their pandering to Trump and being tough on Kamala.  He rips them a new hole for the "trainwreck sham" Trump press conference @ Swamp-A-Lago, and how Trump "played" them.....And then calls out Trump for the FRAUD he is..

O'Donnell keeps begging Trump to sue him, it's a hilarious through line with him. 

• Members
17 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

Lawrence O'Donnells brilliant takedown of the media for their pandering to Trump and being tough on Kamala.  He rips them a new hole for the "setup" Trump press conference @ Swamp-A-Lago, and how Trump "played" them.....

https://youtu.be/ZD-oTJ49nls?t=26

I agree with Tim Hogan.   He's the Democratic consultant who is the counterpoint to Sean Spicer on Mark Halperin's daily 2Way chats.  Halperin asked Hogan whether Democrats would prefer that Trump has a press conference every day of the week.  And Hogan immediately answered, "Yes.  Please. Just give the guy a mike and let him ramble and lie and remind people why they don't want him to be POTUS again." 

That's not verbatim.  But that was his point.  When Trump is explaining, or even just rambling, he's losing.  Proud Boys, stand by!  😉  It  does go to Anita Dunn above.  Implicit in what she said is that voters can just listen to Donald Trump and draw their own conclusions about the fact that he just lies and lies and lies.   And the voters who don't want to see that, or simply can't, ain't watching O'Donnell, and won't be persuaded by him.

I think there's something else going on here.  It's becoming clearer by the day that another contrast Team Harris is trying to draw is that we ain't the people who are going to rant at you or bludgeon you.  We are going to make you smile, and make politics civil again.  You can argue that's a false promise.  But I think it is the promise that is being made.  And they are labeling Trump as the guy who brought us this ugliness in 2016, and we just don't want to go back to THAT.

I think they are gambling right.  I think there is this hunger in the middle to get past this ranting and bludgeoning.  Halperin's 2Way forums are actually a good example,  At least the people that come on it keep saying they love being able to have civil and informed discussions with people they mostly disagree with.  So if Harris and Walz tonally push that while Trump bludgeons and lies,Team Harris is going to win that debate with the swing voters.

• Members

Trump is already whining and complaining about the Rules of the upcoming debate.   Harris wants the mics left on all times.  The agreement with Biden was mics off except when candidate speaks. But Harris is hoping that mics on will allow the audience to HEAR all the crazy shit Trump will be saying when its NOT his turn to speak, and it will be damaging to him.    He's smart enough to know she is RIGHT..... Expect his withdrawal  for Sept 10th. .  

• Members
3 hours ago, EmmetK said:

EmmetK, You came out of Hiding to post THIS ?   So Sad you feel so tortured you need you defend your God..... But Trump is just a bully thats met his match in Kamala, and he's petrified of her....AND so are YOU !    Now go back to your cellar and dont come out until you have to Congratulate Kamala on her WIN......

• Members
26 minutes ago, Stable Genius said:

image.jpeg.62045a2bca8fc5b87517c036120d3a93.jpeg

He should be.  He knows NOTHING about policy or governing, all he know are the fake facts his team feeds him to keep him happy and boost his ego.  Thats why when you fact check him, they are all lies, BUT he probably believes its true.   Hes a pathetic mess and his desperation is showing "HUGELY".     For him to try and boost his campaign by picking up roadkill RFK Jr is hillarious and a true act of desperation, although EmmetK think RFK will be GREAT for the Trump ticket.   SURE he will !    

TRUMP...Be Very Afraid GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Members

Debates aside, Kamala, PLEASE do the fucking interview already and shut the mouths of the rabid GOP and right wing media.. Come on GURL, you CAN do it !

You Got This Come On GIF by WNBA

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-mocked-over-new-batch-of-digital-trading-cards-which-come-with-pieces-of-his-knock-out-debate-suit/ar-AA1pwLgf?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=ea8677e9b4604027b57bdfe120be8228&ei=27    Another tacky gimmick Dump is selling.  @EmmetK Maybe you can trade in your worthless DJT stock for some trading cards.                                                                                                                

Trump said that each of the physical cards has an actual piece of the suit he wore for the presidential debate.

“People are calling it ‘the knock-out’ suit – I don’t know about that – but that’s what they’re calling it,” Trump said.

9 hours ago, Suckrates said:

Debates aside, Kamala, PLEASE do the fucking interview already and shut the mouths of the rabid GOP and right wing media.. Come on GURL, you CAN do it !

You Got This Come On GIF by WNBA

WashingtonCNN — 

Vice President Kamala Harris and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz will sit with CNN for their first joint interview on Thursday

Harris Walz.jpg

• Members
9 hours ago, Bingo T Dog said:

Trump said that each of the physical cards has an actual piece of the suit he wore for the presidential debate.

Gosh, I sure hope they sent it to the cleaners first. unsure.gif

hazmat-500x383.jpg

9 hours ago, Bingo T Dog said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-mocked-over-new-batch-of-digital-trading-cards-which-come-with-pieces-of-his-knock-out-debate-suit/ar-AA1pwLgf?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=ea8677e9b4604027b57bdfe120be8228&ei=27    Another tacky gimmick Dump is selling.  @EmmetK Maybe you can trade in your worthless DJT stock for some trading cards.                                                                                                                

“People are calling it ‘the knock-out’ suit – I don’t know about that – but that’s what they’re calling it,” Trump said.

If you've seen the digital trading cards, I'm waiting for the day the defeated former presidents starts selling SPANX, the girdle for men.