ggobkk

Boy Agencies - Osaka update

I was in Japan this year and have been curious about the Japanese services, do you know if the Osaka rooms they provide in the same area?

If I wanted to stay nearby for convenience, would it be better to stay near Shinsaibashi, Shin-osaka or Umeda? understanding the metro is convenient and easy, just wondering where the hotspot might be for gay services, if there is one.

I'm hoping to return after my next Thailand trip, this time solo so I can try things out for myself.

Although unrelated to the on-line business in Japan, this article from last year explores a commercial outdoor scene.

From Asahi Shimbun

Male prostitutes on tourist visas busted in Tokyo’s Shinjuku district

An increasing number of male foreign nationals are approaching men in and around Okubo Park in Tokyo’s infamous Kabukicho district to offer sexual services in exchange for money.

Since the end of November, the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department has caught four of these men in the act of solicitation, which violates the Tokyo metropolitan government’s nuisance prevention ordinance.

This is the first time in three years following a lull in activity during the COVID-19 travel restrictions that Tokyo police have made any arrests for violating that particular ordinance.

According to investigative sources, two Filipino nationals and two Thai nationals between the ages of 26 and 37 were arrested.

They are suspected of illegal solicitation and waiting for customers.

The men reportedly told investigators that, “There are women waiting for customers in Kabukicho, so I thought I could do the same,” and “A friend told me I could engage in prostitution-like activities in Okubo Park.”

One of the four is a Filipino national, 26, who entered Japan in late November for a short-term stay.

He said he had four to five customers a day, charged 10,000 yen ($70) to 20,000 yen each time and earned about a million yen over 15 days.

He began coming to Japan for short stays this summer to make money and was arrested on his third visit.

Under Japan’s Anti-Prostitution Law, waiting for customers for the purpose of prostitution is illegal. However, the law only applies to women.

On the other hand, the Tokyo ordinance prohibits soliciting and waiting for customers for the purpose of prostitution-like activities regardless of gender.

According to police, foreign nationals have been offering sexual services around the park for some time.

During to the COVID-19 pandemic, this activity was reduced significantly. Since September, however, Tokyo police have been receiving reports of “people standing around the park for the purpose of soliciting prostitution.”

The police believe that these men have been entering Japan on a short-term visa since the pandemic-related border control measures were eased.

During the crackdown, police said they noticed suspicious men watching the area. Police believe that lookouts warn the prostitutes when police are approaching.

The number of male foreign nationals soliciting male customers is increasing on the streets in and around the Wakabacho district in Yokohama’s Naka Ward as well, and Kanagawa prefectural police are stepping up their efforts to uncover them.

On 8/5/2024 at 3:24 AM, reader said:

Although unrelated to the on-line business in Japan, this article from last year explores a commercial outdoor scene. From Asahi Shimbun

On reading this article, something made me look up where Okubo Park was and then I realised that I was there in an earlier trip. I didn't realise it was called Okubo Park, and I would not have imagined it was called a park. It was a concrete quadrangle that looked like a cluster of ball courts. It was surrounded by tall fences (so balls won't get out of the space?) and when I was there (after dinner) the whole place was locked up and empty. Maybe it was only open during the day.

However, I remember, very distinctly, seeing girls leaning on the fence outside of the quadrangle. They were obviously working girls because they were dressed in juvenile-looking make-believe costumes that Japanese men seem to like in their playtime companions. There were a few men leaning on the fence as well, but they were rather rough looking and I was pretty sure they were the girls' pimps. At no time did I think the men were available themselves. Or rather, I don't remember seeing any boys offering themselves. The only men leaning on the fence were those rough looking types.

Maybe I was there just after some clean-up campaign. If so, the clean-up might have been very gender-specific, for the girls (and their pimps) hardly looked nervous about being hauled up. They were sooooo obvious.

A small point: Despite what was written in the article, I think it is outside (adjacent to) the Kabukicho district, not in it.

On 8/4/2024 at 2:25 AM, ggobkk said:

It was in the shower part that I realized kids-japan was too middle school for me.

Not exactly sure, but maybe I know what you mean.....great informational review too.

On 8/4/2024 at 7:57 AM, reader said:

Certainly gives us reason to put Japan on short list.

Now if I can get you interested in Cambodia by November..... @vinapu any suggestions on how to entice Reader in Cambodia?

When I was in Ni-chome (one of Tokyo's gay areas) I was often accosted by guys from Taiwan. 

Rather than pay 10,000 yen for street trade, I'd rather pay more and visit a legitimate place. It would be much safer and the guys' service to their customers is legendary; as you would expect in Japan.

6 hours ago, a-447 said:

Rather than pay 10,000 yen for street trade, I'd rather pay more and visit a legitimate place. It would be much safer and the guys' service to their customers is legendary; as you would expect in Japan.

In my experience, not always legendary. I've had those who tend to lie back and let the client do the work. I've had some who spend so much time performing the preliminaries, the 60 minutes are effectively reduced to 40 minutes. But I can certainly agree that the batting average is better than boys from Thai places, and I don't think Japanese management would tolerate the kind of guy that Daniu reported about in his thread "Bangkok Experience" - the Vietnamese guy who "bragged about how he was the #1 boy in" Bangkok's Good Boy bar and then made a scene over compensation.

The flip side of all that discipline is that the Japanese boys are very conscious of time. If time's up, then time's up. They hop off the bed and turn on the shower. 🤪

11 hours ago, floridarob said:

Now if I can get you interested in Cambodia by November..... @vinapu any suggestions on how to entice Reader in Cambodia?

try that -  Cambodia is full of magnificent ruins and  as we all know pictures with ruins in the background always turn out to be the best .