Guest GaySacGuy

Louisiana thinks Bush Did Better

Guest lvdkeyes

We all know how well Bush performed when TWC was hit by those suicide planes. He sat like a bump on a log dazed and apparently not having a clue what to do.

Guest GaySacGuy

We all know how well Bush performed when TWC was hit by those suicide planes. He sat like a bump on a log dazed and apparently not having a clue what to do.

Well of course he didn't have a clue...Dick wasn't there to tell him what to do next!! What a waste.

Guest MonkeySee

This email was sent to me by a right wing acquaintance. I wonder if any of these allegations are 100% verifiable. I doubt it.

If Bush Were?? an Idiot ~ 100% Verifiable Facts

If George W. Bush had doubled the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had criticized a state law that he admitted he never even read would you think that he is just an ignorant hot head?

If George W. Bush joined the country of Mexico and sued a state in the United States to force that state to continue to allow illegal immigration, would you question his patriotism and wonder whose side he was on?

If George W. Bush had put 87000 workers out of work by arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies that have one of the best safety records of any industry because one company had an accident would you have agreed?

If George W. Bush had used a forged document as the basis of the moratorium that would render 87000 American workers unemployed would you support him?

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had stated that there were 57 states in the United States , would you have said that he is clueless.

If George W. Bush would have flown all the way to Denmark to make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit him walking out his front door in Texas , would you have thought he was a self important, conceited, egotistical jerk?

If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had misspelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoes as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had OK'd Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans, would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 15 months -- so you'll have two years and nine months to come up with an answer.

Every statement in this email is factual and directly attributable to Barrack Hussein Obama. Every bumble is a matter of record and completely verifiable.

Guest fountainhall

This email was sent to me by a right wing acquaintance. I wonder if any of these allegations are 100% verifiable. I doubt it.

As with all these slash and burn tactics, there is probably a grain of truth in each. For example, it's not difficult to see that Obama does certainly use a teleprompter during press conferences. But clearly only for his prepared texts- not for the question/answer sessions. And he has indeed increased the deficit hugely. But then, of course, Bush inherited a surplus and then increased the deficit even more astronomically as a result of the worst financial crisis since the 1920s. Obama's spending is largely due to the need to correct Bush's mistakes. But most American's have already forgotten all that.

As I type, Lindsey Graham is on CNBC's Meet The Press justifying the Iraq War ("I am glad we did what we did in Iraq"), Republican calls to cut the deficit(sic!) and other such trash. That man, let's recall, was one of the prosecutors in Bill Clinton's trial.

Guest GaySacGuy

ME As FH said, there is probably a grain of truth in most of the statements, but you can pretty much make statistics say what you want them to say.

I am going to comment on only one as an example:

If George W. Bush had doubled the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

Maybe true...whatever...But what is true is that if George W. Bush hadn't taken a budget surplus and turned it into a huge budget deficet (sp), then we wouldn't be where we are toady with the monetary crisis and the shitty exchange rates!!!

While I have nothing good to say about Bush junior, presidents get blamed for much more than they are responsible and often falsely get credit for things beyond their control.

Yes, we had a surplus one year but it was projected that it wouldn't last long before it happened - at least without some significant changes to the inflow (taxes) and outflow (mainly entitlement programs and the military budget) of government. Bush and the Republicans and the Democrats squandered the opportunity for a much better economic future for the country but, then again, nobody in Washington ever thinks out far enough to do any long-term good for the country. Everything seems to be dealing with the crisis of the month or year and totally ignoring what needs to be done to ensure that the next 10 or 20 years are stable and prosperous. The current administration is in the same mess although to some degree I can sympathize with Obama as most of the current pile of shit was left at his doorstep to clean up.

Everybody has always thought and claimed that the Republicans are thriftier economically whereas the Democrats are the "tax and spend" loonies. In reality - at least for the last 25 years - the Presidents who so far have added the most to the national debt were Reagan and Bush junior (although Obama will get there soon).

As concerns the Lousianna poll, I simply don't buy the notion at all that the federal government did better during Katrina than it has done throughout this oil spill crisis. That makes no sense whatsoever to me - and I suspect the poll either was badly worded or is a result of the current terrible economy that has nothing to do with the oil spill crisis.

Guest Astrrro

Obama didn't have lots of tools at his disposal other than to try to pressure BP.

With Katrina, I suspect a different POTUS would have been quicker to act but it wouldn't be an easy job for anyone.

It seems one contingency plan for evacuations would be to get bus companies to agree in advance to use busses for evacuations and allow non=emegency bus service to be canceled.

To sell it to unions, guarantee the drivers triple pay.

But this needs to be done in advance.