Birmingham boy

The whole month in Colombia

HI all,

Thanks for all the suggestions on the forum,I've booked awhole month trip in Colombia - Medellin 1 w, Cali 2w, Bogota 2w. Most of it is a holiday and a weekof remote work. I'm33yo and hope for unpaid activities... 

I've got a few concerns if anyone can address them. Any advice is much appreciated!

1. Appreciate everyone's trying to stay in touristy areas for the safety reasons, but i'd need to be around local horny guys rather than professionals so probs should aim for safe but quiet residential areas? Any suggestions for areas in each of these? Belen comes to mind for Medellin, north of Chapinero in Bogota, Cali- no idea.

2. Considering I won't be fucking 24/7 I'm a bit concerned what to actually do there, safety concerns made me think I can't just go and expore the cities, hiking places etc. Am I exxagerating? Would it be ok to use metro/public transport during the day to go to touristy spots? Really can't get my head around it considering i'm not even supposed to use my phone/map in public.

3. Would you recommend getting guys in my airbnb staright away or meeting them in public first? My spanish is very basic so wouldn't be good for proper conversations. 

4. Have seen a few mentions about avoiding Tinder - what's wrong with it? I was going to meet local guys for a walk/entartainment purposes(just so I won't be alone going touristy stuff, always do that with tourists/locals in other places i've been), would you say it's a definite no or should I be aware of anything in particular?

Many thanks everyone!

1. You should be careful about your safety and that makes cruising in the middle class residential areas somehow stressful. What exactly waits you in the flat you have been invited? Your Chapinero flat is probably 45-60 minutes away and its a hassle to your friend to get there and back. Many guys live in shared flats.

2. You can do all touristy stuff, just keep cash and credit card limits low. Many tourists use phone in a public against all advice. Have a second cheap mobile phone for navigation etc. but check it inside the mall or some secure place. Day time public transport is mostly fine.

3. Always meet outside like a coffee shop in a mall or a bar. Do your recruitment interview😉. Then decide together next steps.

Start improving your Spanish, many (majority) hot guys dont speak a word in English. Maybe in Medellin its better because of gringos.

You can go to gay parties and make friends, clubs and saunas organise them regularly. Check insta for dates and places. 

3 hours ago, Tomtravel said:

cruising in the middle class residential areas somehow stressful

I'm thinking more about hunting locals on Grindr, rather than partying and cruising so I'm thinking being residential gives me more simple locals rather than professionals?:)

Thanks for other tips! 

52 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

may I inquire why u alotted 2 weeks 4 it

My idea was to go to more local and less touristy places - for cheaper and potentially better unpaid/unspoiled experience. I was considering Bucaramanga but it's too small so decided on Cali. I know there is not much to do, but it's a big city, lots of guys and no competition from other gringos😅. Also heard from my Colombian friend that the best dicks are in Cali but can't verify that. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Birmingham boy said:

My idea was to go to more local and less touristy places - for cheaper and potentially better unpaid/unspoiled experience. I was considering Bucaramanga but it's too small so decided on Cali. I know there is not much to do, but it's a big city, lots of guys and no competition from other gringos😅. Also heard from my Colombian friend that the best dicks are in Cali but can't verify that. 

Cali is Afro Colombia's capital. In my opinion, it is just a stereotype. 

2 hours ago, 12is12 said:

B Boy, since I too m planning 2 visit Cali, may I inquire why u alotted 2 weeks 4 it? My research didnt find so much to do/see there.....

You can easily spend 1 week in Cali. Plenty of things to do in add. to the 3 saunas I know of, Black and White sex club and the abundance of local chicos eager to provide services for small pay. 2 weeks is perhaps overdoing it, but if the OP has the time, it is one of the places in Colombia I would be happy to spend more time. Accommodation and plenty other things are cheaper in Cali than in Medellin, Bogota, Barranquilla etc and the going rate for guys there is low. You can get easily find great local guys who will do everything (as activo, pasivo needs to agreed in advance) for 50-70 mil. Plenty of slim big dick guys advertising in Grindr. Muscle /gym fit models are rare in Grindr and their rates are higher. 

4 hours ago, Birmingham boy said:

Also heard from my Colombian friend that the best dicks are in Cali but can't verify that. 

Confirmed!

As for your strategy to use Grindr extensively, my experience is that you end up using excessive time chatting with guys without getting the results you like. I don’t know your expectations from Grindr in Colombia but if you think it will be your access to endless free sex (more or less how it works in Europe) you will find out that it works differently. You will get lot of attention/msg in Grindr but it will be from guys looking for money for sex (easy to spot from their profiles or just ask; guys are not offended by that in Colombia) or guys you have zero interest in hooking up with due to age, body, appearance etc. 

I know it is easy to say for someone who has visited Colombia several times, but I hardly never use Grindr here for the above reasons but rely on my contacts from earlier visits to satisfy my needs. I simply don’t have the time or patience to use Grindr in Colombia and I can’t afford to spend time on meeting guys which may turn out not to be the match that I’m looking for. That being said I have positive experience w/ meeting rent boys from Grindr who are very clear what they offer and that payment is required. Any blank/anonymous profile without info on age, height, weight etc and being reluctant to send pics except of their hard dick, is almost guaranteed to go wrong/be a guy that you would not meet had you know from outset. 

A member of this site recommended Cucuta as an out of the way non-touristy city and I enjoyed the few days  I was there. It might be a good place to get work done. There's little to do there for a tourist, especially one who doesn't speak much Spanish. But it's definitely different from the bigger cities that get lots of foreign visitors. The people were quite nice. I stayed in a nice airbnb a couple of blocks from a big shopping centre. The owner showed me a walking route to the centre with enough security guards that made it relatively safe. There was a hotel between the airbnb and the centre that had a big pool you can hang out at for the day for a small fee. There is one gay sauna that had a couple of working guys plus the receptionist was also available when he was not working. There's also a gay bar that I didn't go to, but heard had lots of cute young guys. I think finding sex partners you don't have to pay depends on a combination of, are you at all attractive and how skilled you are getting guys into bed. Not sure how dangerous it is compared to other Colombian cities, but the airbnb owner gave me lots of safety tips. And because of the general friendliness in the shops, restaurants, etc, I didn't feel like I was alone in a hostile place. An example, when I left I had to pay for my carry on before boarding the plane. I don't speak much Spanish and the guy at the airline counter didn't speak English so it was difficult for both of us, but we both stayed cheerful and I apparently I was his first Anglo-only customer because when we finished I realized his co-workers had been watching and they gave him a round of applause and he gave me a fist bump.

5 minutes ago, xpaulo said:

Not sure how dangerous it is compared to other Colombian cities,

So, just did some browsing and saw a story that said the arrival of Venezuelan criminal gangs has more or less doubled the number of serious violent crimes in Cucuta over the past couple of years.... so maybe give it a pass.

1 hour ago, 12is12 said:

how skilled you are getting guys into bed

No that's a fair point. I'm an average looking guy, but have no issues finding sex on Grindr here in the UK. But I wouldn't call myself skilled in getting guys into bed at all. I'm a shy average looking gringo with very basic Spanish. 

Unfortunately, my trip is already booked so I'd appreciate advice on Cali/Medellin/Bogota, especially if anyone can recommend a good Airbnb or area to stay in slightly outside touristy stuff. 

Rob, I dont think I m good at it. That's why I'd b glad for tips.

I do speak spanish rather well, but still have no idea how to get a young guy into bed with me without paying. Unless of course he's into oldies, when usually they initiate...

8 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Sex for free or sex for money, which cost more?

Is it just me or the fact that someone desires you for who you are is more appealing than someone who wants you for money. I don't mind paying (if it's cheap of course), but the idea that someone has to fuck me just for the sake of meeting their ends is just putting me off. 

I tried to negotiate with some Colombians and they were willing to discount up to 50% when they saw my pics, maybe that's the way around it to find someone paid and just make it cheap knowing they would charge more if they were not attracted 😂

Sorry for jumping on your convo:) 

16 minutes ago, floridarob said:

which cost more?

....for free of course.

This means it cost more in the long run, broken heart, finding out one of you is cheating on the other, dinners and travel because odds are you are financially better off then he is.

If you're on this site, chances are you have a wondering eye and like to mess around, if you're with a jealous type, that will put the brakes on your whoring activities.

Long distance relations are nothing more than fuck buddies anyway, if you want to be serious that means him coming to you or you moving to a different culture/country...which has been talked about here before.

Paying def has its advantages.

3 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Of course its not only u. I too prefer sex with guys who like me. I believe thats the preference of most...

It doesn't mean that the guys we're paying don't like us, Love is a different story, sometimes  comes with time. but in many of the places we're going looking for what we're looking for ....they need money to live as well....

I like the Spanish phrase, Vamos a ver, let's see. Is my reply to so much now.....

45 minutes ago, macdaddi said:

Use your powers wisely. For this reason, I would suggest meeting in public first on all occasions and decide if you want to continue further at your place.

Would you mind to elaborate on this, please? Considering my basic Spanish, would you say it's still worth meeting them in public? What would you consider red flags? I can just meet them, see that they match the pics and don't look aggressive, would that be ok? I'm a bit unsure about how to filter guys out and what I should look for...

Many thanks, lots of useful tips, glad there is stuff to do in the city! I You're just a star! ❤️

I am really excited by hiking spots too!

As usual Macdaddi, thanks VERY much 4 investing so much time is sharing ur invaluable expertise.

Pls elaborate about the "men's clubs". R they only gay? How do they work? Any of them especially recommended?