spoon

Low season trip to bangkok and phuket 2024

4 minutes ago, spoon said:

I saw that the bar on the corner, further inside, has shirtless muscular guys that are more my type and the bar name is cruise club.

just for information for readers right across the soi from Cruise Club is new, quite basic but still comfortable hotel called 

The Corner. Seems to be economy subdivision of Royal Paradise hotel as their towels had Royal's signature.

6 hours ago, spoon said:

I saw one bar that has muscular russians guys on their rooster, similar to the one in pattaya.

Can these muscular Russian guys be offed?

When you say similar to the one in Pattaya - which one are you referring to ?

22 minutes ago, reader said:

Great for quickly cleaning these items.

image.thumb.jpeg.6299b96f217c4934e3680aae19634fac.jpeg

when one takes an alcohol internally need for cleaning all those items in the room dissipates rapidly as we build up our immunity to germs ever more rapidly. At least it's what I think and find gin particularly helpful. Never drink your gin straight, it's best diluted 50/50 with also gin

12 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

Not sure about phuket one, but pattaya one doesnt specify an off. They do have a menu of services provided, but it is way too expensive, so i didnt try. I see mack already answer your second question.

One last comment. Taxi and grab prices in phuket is prohibitive to say the least. One way taxi ride from airport to Bangtao hotel is 700 Baht, while my bolt charge on our way back is half that. There is an airport bus u can take for 100 baht that take you through most tourist spot but as usual, if your hotel is not near their path or bus stop, you will need to walk a bit or take a bolt. Still cheaper than using the taxi. 

Ive asked about private driver with car services as well and was quoted 2.5k per 8 hour. Not a bad option if you plan to explore the main island. Hiring a bike still is the best and cheapest way to explore the island but it isnt the most comfortable and weather might not be permitting too.

Spoon, thanks very much for your reports. 

I noticed that there was a 400 baht entrance fee to Beef. Does that include a drink?  I wanted to go there, but didn't want to go alone.

I agree with your comment about the advantages of off-season. Do hotel prices tend to be much higher and more likely to be booked out during high-season?

Last July-August the weather was great, but I got soaked a couple of times this year.

6 minutes ago, Kiwi306 said:

Spoon, thanks very much for your reports. 

I noticed that there was a 400 baht entrance fee to Beef. Does that include a drink?  I wanted to go there, but didn't want to go alone.

I agree with your comment about the advantages of off-season. Do hotel prices tend to be much higher and more likely to be booked out during high-season?

Last July-August the weather was great, but I got soaked a couple of times this year.

Is the entrance fee to Beef during weekend when they have shows/guests invited? There is no fee when i entered during the weekday when its raining, so im not sure if that 400 fee includes drinks. I sure hope so. 

Popular hotels does tend to booked out during high season even with higher prices.

Weather can be unpredictable which is why an umbrella can be a time saving at times. Be more flexible with your plans and u should be fine. 

On 8/19/2024 at 10:46 AM, bkkmfj2648 said:

Sounds like an interesting place. Even if the guys can't be offed it can still be fun to start the night with a poledance strip show of hot muscled guys... We could go check it out @bkkmfj2648 when I come to Pattaya! 

On 8/19/2024 at 10:56 PM, spoon said:

Not sure about phuket one, but pattaya one doesnt specify an off. They do have a menu of services provided, but it is way too expensive, so i didnt try. I see mack already answer your second question.

Can you give any details @spoon about the options on the menu of services...? 

2 hours ago, spoon said:

Can refer to this report before about the bar. 

I am glad to see my report on Big Tool is still being quoted six months later, but it is time for new intrepid travellers to visit and give us an updated account...if anybody going to Pattaya soon is reading