spoon

Low season trip to bangkok and phuket 2024

13 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Smart of you to quickly get Jupiter guy before the ladies take him!

Since you know mamasan, you should always look for mamasan when you enter and not let waiter bring you to seats at the back!

this is one of quite a few things I don't like about Jupiter, those first row seats reserved for ' better' customers. But fortunately their boys are easy on eyes so I suffer in silence that indignity of being relegated to back benches.

12 hours ago, spoon said:

We leave around 1 or so, since we decided not to wait until the bar close as we might need to queue to use the small lift.

In any club, but especially those above street level, I'd familiarize myself with stairwell egress. In case of fire, lift could easy stop operating. You can always try asking staff upon entering about location. Many clubs block access to prevent customers from leaving without paying.. Not unusual to see high death tolls in such situations. Floridarob had brought this up before about other Silom clubs.

46 minutes ago, reader said:

In any club, but especially those above street level, I'd familiarize myself with stairwell 

that is also case  of hotels with convoluted corridors

49 minutes ago, reader said:

Many clubs block access to prevent customers from leaving without paying..

which can be easily solved by charging at time of delivery to the table  like some bars do

1 hour ago, reader said:

Floridarob had brought this up before about other Silom clubs.

yes , as much as tons of fun can be had in soi 2 and soi 4 , in case of fire or other accident  both are death traps with only one exit. No to dampen anybody's fun but never hurts  to have exit somewhere in the back of our heads in any crowded place.

Many Thai bars and clubs are  in old buildings which don't emanate much of confidence . We can easily see how fast former location of Tawan or BBB Inn are  rotting  when unoccupied

10 hours ago, reader said:

In any club, but especially those above street level, I'd familiarize myself with stairwell egress. In case of fire, lift could easy stop operating. You can always try asking staff upon entering about location. Many clubs block access to prevent customers from leaving without paying.. Not unusual to see high death tolls in such situations. Floridarob had brought this up before about other Silom clubs.

The stairs are just next to the lift. Our worry is more due to our inherent laziness to go down 4 flights of stairs.

Also, you will have to order, pay and collect your drinks at the bar yourself, no waiter. The bartender will collect empty glasses from time to time though.

1 hour ago, spoon said:

Also, you will have to order, pay and collect your drinks at the bar yourself, no waiter

I like this part. one can drink at own pace unrushed by waiters asking ' one more sir?"

31 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I like this part. one can drink at own pace unrushed by waiters asking ' one more sir?"

Yup, its a place to chill. No entrance fee either. Though at times, especially weekends, or peak season, they do restrict number of patrons, so u can expect long queue outside. They do have special events during weekends

20 minutes ago, spoon said:

Though at times, especially weekends, or peak season, they do restrict number of patrons, so u can expect long queue outside.

very sensible considering hazards.

I can't imagine myself lining out voluntarily to get to the bar, club , sauna , sex shop , you name it. Emergency ward in hospital  may be only exception . Once , in passing, I saw substantial line to get to Sauna Mania in soi Phipat and thought it's strange

8 hours ago, spoon said:

The stairs are just next to the lift. Our worry is more due to our inherent laziness to go down 4 flights of stairs.

Know that stairwell very well. Use to climb it almost daily when Nakarat Massage occupied third floor.

Many happy memories. 🙂

9 hours ago, spoon said:

Yup, its a place to chill. No entrance fee either. Though at times, especially weekends, or peak season, they do restrict number of patrons, so u can expect long queue outside. They do have special events during weekends

Looks like a nice place to chill. Will definitely visit it but I won't queue to go in!

3 hours ago, spoon said:

He leads me to the massage room which is on the second floor. The room is definitely very upscale. Roomy room complete with sofa, a very comfortable and decent size massage bed with face hole, ensuite bathroom that is also spacious. Definitely worth the higher price, though not by much.

Why is there a sofa? Lol