stevenkesslar

The (Stupid, Weak, And Crooked) Emerging GOP Plan To Beat Harris (Which Is Weak, And Will Fail)

• Members

The Emerging GOP Plan To Beat Kamala Harris

I argued in one of my long-winded rants that Biden resigning would completely fuck up Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita and their cynical plan to enable Trump's authoritarianism.  The two dictator enablers are now on record.  And if this is the core of their plan, Biden and Team Pelosi have fucked them up good.   They are in big trouble.

The beauty of the campaign Wiles and LaCivita built was one simple and obvious idea:  Biden is old, weak, and feeble.  Arguably, they did it so well that they forced Biden to resign.  Although mostly they just poked US voters to feel what they felt anyway, but a little more intensely.   My moderate sister-in-law texted me today to let me know how relieved she is Biden is out, and Harris is in.  She didn't need Susie Wiles or Chris LaCivita to feel that way. But if we want to give Wiles and LaCivita credit for being geniuses, they were so genius that they just completely fucked over Trump and fucked up his campaign.

Donald Trump is now the oldest candidate running for President in US history.  He is also a rapist.  He is also a felon.  He is running against a prosecutor.  And he is nominee of a party that wants to talk about "coverups" and "coups".  Great.  Let's talk about how Republicans and their extremist SCOTUS justices want to cover up Trump's crimes against democracy.  Let's talk about coups.  Mike Pence knows a lot about that!

The first part of their new plan that makes the most sense is based on the other thing that is simple and obvious:  lots of working class people who don't own homes or stocks were hurt by the Biden/Harris economy.  They can tie Harris to that and hope just saying "inflation" wins them an election.  Even though inflation is now down to 3 %, and wages are raising more than inflation.

Even on this part, I think Harris can slaughter Trump.  He wants to cut taxes for millionaires and billionaires.  Most Americans want Democrats to tax millionaires and billionaires more.  Those child tax credits that cut child poverty in half for one year helped 50 million or so working class parents, grandparents, and kids deal with the costs of things.  Until Republicans refused to extend them.  Tax cuts for billionaires and taking away things that help working class families.  Including Obamacare.  How is this helping the working class?  I think Harris can prosecute that case well. 

The second part of their plan, that Kamala engaged in a cover up about Biden's health, shows how desperate they are.  How can Biden being old be a cover up, when Americans saw it with their own eyes?  It's actually insulting.  They said the same thing in 2020, when America fired Trump.  They've been saying the same thing for years, with noting to pin it on.  Other than the fact that Kamala's eyes and ears are as good as everyone else's.  Meanwhile, they want to cover up the fact that Trump is an old rapist and a old felon who only lies when his lips are moving.  He is so old that he is the oldest nominee for President in US history.  Susie and Chris will wish they could cover that up.  But they can't, any more than Biden could cover up his age.

It's too soon to tell, but I think there is going to be a groundswell of support for Biden stepping aside as nominee that is broad and deep.  Including among Independents.  So the idea that we should pick on Joe Biden for being old, or that Kamala should have been cruel to Joe for being old, is a hard sell.  And compared to what?  Picking on Trump for being a rapist?  Being a crook?  Being a liar?  Trying to overturn an election?  Presiding over a 30 % spike in murder?  Killing more factory jobs than he started with?  Cutting taxes for billionaires?  If Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita want Trump to go off about how Kamala covered up things everyone knows, great.  Let's talk about what Trump wants to cover up.  Starting with his criminal behavior and attacks on cops and democracy.

The third part of their plan, going after Democrats for staging a coup, is almost laughable.  The best part about it is that having two old rich White cynical political hacks tell Blacks and women that it is somehow undemocratic that a Black female Vice President is now the Democratic nominee is as tone deaf as Biden saying "you ain't Black" if you vote Republican.  But Wiles and LaCivita will not be uttering the words.  Trump will.  And Trump is the rapist who hand picked the radical justices who took womens' rights away, and gave Trump immunity to do whatever rape or crime he wants.  So this rapist and felon is going to lecture a prosecutor on how SHE somehow came to power in violation of some democratic principle?  GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.  I can't wait for that debate.

Trump should be asked to resign, every fucking day.   Granted, we have not had a national referendum on Biden's age and Trump's crookedness.  But we do have polls.  And big majorities of American have said for years that neither Biden not Trump are fit to serve four more years.  So if Trump wants to say it is undemocratic for Biden to listen to what voters wanted and step aside, and empower his #2 rather than threaten to hang him, let Trump do it.  But the only place that leads is that 57 % of voters want Trump to step aside as nominee, too.  Because he is a crook.  2 in 3 voters think it is a serious crime that Trump tried to interfere in a democratic election.  So if Trump wants to talk about coups and democracy, that's a winning debate for Kamala. 

I hope she actually asks him to step aside so she can run against someone that Americans don't view as a crook and rapist.  There's some great line some speechwriter there can come up with.  "America wanted two old men to step aside as nominees - one for being too old, and one for being too crooked.  Joe Biden listened, and did step aside.  Americans respect that.  When will you, ex-President Trump?  Because America fired you once, and they really don't want you back."

If this is the best Trump's hatchet man and woman have, they are in big trouble.

• Members

I'm more worried about the Democratic plan to keep cowering in the corner begging not to be hit (while being hit).  

Dean yells weird-ish at event?  People lie about John Kerry's war record?  Buttery males?  Senator Al Franken.  BRAVELY RUN AWAY SIR ROBIN.  

The billionaires get what they want and what they want is a stands-for-nothing centrist who isn't batshit like Trump but also isn't going to actually make them pay some taxes like Biden/Harris, so DRAFT HILLARY in 10...

1 hour ago, JKane said:

The billionaires get what they want and what they want is a stands-for-nothing centrist who isn't batshit like Trump but also isn't going to actually make them pay some taxes like Biden/Harris, so DRAFT HILLARY in 10...

Manchin isn't running.