reader

Biden endorses Harris

8 minutes ago, Mavica said:

Yes, I still doubt his qualifications

He runs an agency with 56,622 employees, serves on the President's cabinet, ran for president of the United States, served two terms as mayor of South Bend, served as a US Naval officer in Afghanistan, was a top consultant for McKinsey and Company, attended Harvard College and Oxford University.

🚯Now you're making me laugh. 💋

• Members
1 hour ago, reader said:

A Pew poll in 2019 found that 60% of American approved of same sex marriage.

This is not about being politically correct. Supporting a fellow gay man for high office is not a a luxury. It's a basic human right. Don't allow what the 40% of Americans who oppose allowing us to marry who we wish dictate what we should think of ourselves. Don't allow them to deny us our dignity. We seem to have forgotten what it was like in the 80's when gays were feared and ridiculed during the AIDS crisis. Resist the temptation to think like J.D. Vance D.J. Trump.

This election is about DEFEATING Trump, not about taking a stance for gay rights..... That can come later.   A sane, middle road Dem should be the choice.  But I do like your pick,  Petey is a great guy, but give him another 4 years. 

• Members
39 minutes ago, reader said:

He runs an agency with 56,622 employees, serves on the President's cabinet, ran for president of the United States, served two terms as mayor of South Bend, served as a US Naval officer in Afghanistan, was a top consultant for McKinsey and Company, attended Harvard College and Oxford University.

🚯Now you're making me laugh. 💋

It makes me laugh as well when you consider Trumps qualifications for his nomination...  Impeached, Indicted, convicted, racist, homophobic, xenophobic,  unlawful, corrupt, Insane,  etc, etc.    Petey surely cant compete with that !   😉

3 hours ago, Suckrates said:

This election is about DEFEATING Trump, not about taking a stance for gay rights..... That can come later.   A sane, middle road Dem should be the choice.  But I do like your pick,  Petey is a great guy, but give him another 4 years. 

Agree, but, what I think it is obvious is that we should not eliminate someone because they are gay. Pete is qualified and a great candidate. The fact he is gay should be irrelevant to all.

There were so many people who dreaded Trump v Biden II. So I think just replacing Biden with anyone else will be a big boost. And the fact that Harris has been out on the trail doing a really good job will be a big relief. The campaign has already raised nearly $50m in small donor money in less than 8 hours. Which would seem to reflect a lot of us who have been sitting on the sidelines. I hadn't donated to Biden this cycle but sent some money her way. Everyone in the party is coalescing around her. The Trumpers are flipping out. Frankly I don't think anyone votes based on VP. So it probably doesn't matter too much who she picks. Personally I think Gov. Cooper from NC would be a good choice. Southern state gov who is term limited from running again. I believe most people still don't want Trump back. As long as she seems basically competent she should be able to win against him.

6 hours ago, Moses said:

With such a tandem, a significant number of undecided centrists and conservatives will move sharply to the right and the Republicans will receive a significant boost in the elections. Less on presidential ones, but definitely on parliamentary ones.

noting wrong with your logic but I think those days electorate at large is more progressive that people they are voting into offices.

There were serious doubts if America will swallow black guy as president and it turned out to be relative  breeze.

We should remember and take a heart that this year we already had two upsets of predictions in established democracies, Modi was bracing India  for BJP supermajority and finished up substantially short of even worst predictions. After 1st round of recent voting in France is was given , even by serious commentators that Le Pen will win and her party ended third only.

Undecided may go way you suspect but also they may see new light with new faces and be energized by that. Polish presidential elections in 2020 are good example , when opposition saw that her candidate flounders at last minute they switched to young and energetic president of Warsaw and he lost very narrowly.   

6 hours ago, Suckrates said:

They are both extremely WELL qualified for the jobs,  

I agree but those days that counts the least unfortunately. Many good things could be said about Orange Overlord but being well qualified for job was not one of them. And he still got it and can't be denied , has good shot at repeat although not as good at this hour  as he had this morning.  He has two not good weekends behind him.

7 hours ago, stevenkesslar said:

Kick Ass Kamala has themes written for her already:

WE HAVE TO FIGHT

Let's hope enough Americans are intelligent enough to vote correctly and keep that woman out of office. 
No fighting needed. 

6 hours ago, Mavica said:

However, is he capable / qualified to assume the Presidency if something happened to a President Harris on Day 1?  No, I don't think so. 

the same was said about Truman and when need arised he turned to be up to the job. 

Lenin was of not good opinion about Stalin either and he managed to outsmart everybody and most of his opponents were not shrinking violets and stay in power for long time 

1 hour ago, TotallyOz said:

Agree, but, what I think it is obvious is that we should not eliminate someone because they are gay. Pete is qualified and a great candidate. The fact he is gay should be irrelevant to all.

and I suspect when comes to it , for most of electorate it won't be  a factor as long as he will  his private life private.

• Members

This is like an abundance of riches all of a sudden. 

I'm used to two things.  First, feeling zero excitement about Biden, even though I feel like I should feel excited.  Second, feeling like I am suffering from Democratic autism.  Maybe this is cruel to Joe Biden, who I voted for and love.  But I have watched so many interviews lately where I feel like, "Can't ............ you ...................... please ............................ just ............................. finish .................................... the .....................................fucking ......................................sentence."

So the idea of Kamala Harris and Pete Buttigieg running around and dropping clever and witty shit bombs all over the Felon And His Ass Licker is thrilling. Like I want a month of THAT just to catch up from this drought that we have been in, where I had to listen to 90 minutes of Trump's lying ass and then watch JD Vance go lick it!.

I had never actually heard Josh Shapiro, so I went to YouTube to find Josh.  And this felt just the same.  Please put him on a stage and just let this man go off on Trump. 

He actually kind of reminds me of Kamala.  He's got this sense of joy and exuberance.  And he winds it up but you know this sharp verbal shit bomb is coming.  And it does.  

This is such a relief.  Any of these White guy Guvs, or Kelly, or Whitmer, would be good.  By all accounts I've heard Mark Kelly is the boring national hero type.  GI Joe without the hair, and someone people deeply respect.  So maybe he looks good just standing strong and silent next to Kamala. Rather than the loud mouthed Gay from DC or the loud mouthed Jew from Pennsylvania of the loud mouthed woman from Michigan.    I am just happy to be able to hear what needs to be said.     Please, speak!   Every .................... fucking ................. day!

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

noting wrong with your logic but I think those days electorate at large is more progressive that people they are voting into offices.

There were serious doubts if America will swallow black guy as president and it turned out to be relative  breeze.

We should remember and take a heart that this year we already had two upsets of predictions in established democracies, Modi was bracing India  for BJP supermajority and finished up substantially short of even worst predictions. After 1st round of recent voting in France is was given , even by serious commentators that Le Pen will win and her party ended third only.

Undecided may go way you suspect but also they may see new light with new faces and be energized by that. Polish presidential elections in 2020 are good example , when opposition saw that her candidate flounders at last minute they switched to young and energetic president of Warsaw and he lost very narrowly.   

Re Obama, my American friends said that he would have got at least 5% more votes, if he had not been black, at least on the first time  he was elected. As another of my Americam friends said, never underestimate the stupidity of the average Anerican! Or the homophobia, racism, anti semitism, anti woman, etc.  

Major Biden donor says he won't fundraise for Harris if she's nominee

In an interview with ABC News on Sunday night, major Biden donor and supporter John Morgan said that if Vice President Kamala Harris is the nominee, he won't fundraise for the Democratic ticket.

"It's one thing to vote for somebody; it's another thing to raise millions of dollars for somebody; you have to really be in," Morgan, a high-profile Florida lawyer, told ABC News.

Morgan, who says he's a "Biden/Manchin type Dem," told ABC News he was all in on Biden but felt Harris would be too far left and lose in November.

I've been listening to the names proposed for Harris' running mate and all have have sound qualifications. I could support any one of them.

What saddens me as a gay man is that gays have become increasingly more conservative since our lives are not threatened by AIDS. We've retreated into a protective shell, a cocoon where our oppressors want us to reside. They want us to doubt our own qualifications to lead; to be accepted. And it's working.  We are frequently harder on ourselves than many mainstream Americans. We are more fearful than we've been since the days prior to Stonewall.

In a sense we've accepted our place in the closet--a glass one that we impose on ourselves.

When I read Moses telling us that we have to be more like a Joe Manchin Republican to be acceptable, I believe we turned 180 degrees. It makes me want to vomit. Because if we buy that image, we've become afraid of ourselves and other gay men as well.

14 minutes ago, reader said:

When I read Moses telling us that we have to be more like a Joe Manchin Republican to be acceptable

Me? Please read my post again: "major Biden donor and supporter John Morgan said"

8 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Let's hope enough Americans are intelligent enough to vote correctly and keep that woman out of office. 
No fighting needed. 

That woman you want to keep out of office has raised raised $49.6 million in grassroots donations for her campaign since Biden endorsed her Sunday.

• Members
9 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

No fighting needed. 

We've already seen a large swath of Americans arent smart at all....they support Trump and will cast their vote for him......  Sorry my friend in Pattaya,  a correct vote is NOT one for a 4 times indicted, 2 times convicted Felon who orchestrated an insurrection against America. and surrounds himself with low lives, criminals and jailbirds

.....NOTHING correct about THAT !   

Suckrates, America has as many ignorant people as every other country. People vote based on their biases, needs, thoughts, news, friends, family, and often times they do not care what the issue is. To many Trump is king, because he does things his way. So fucking what. He wants to be a dictator and IMHO, anyone that votes for him is naive at the best and just plain not thinking with their head on straight. But, I have tons of friend who are voting for him and love him and adore him. I don't get it. It is incomprehensible to me.

• Members
9 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Suckrates, America has as many ignorant people as every other country. People vote based on their biases, needs, thoughts, news, friends, family, and often times they do not care what the issue is. To many Trump is king, because he does things his way. So fucking what. He wants to be a dictator and IMHO, anyone that votes for him is naive at the best and just plain not thinking with their head on straight. But, I have tons of friend who are voting for him and love him and adore him. I don't get it. It is incomprehensible to me.

Those people still know right from wrong, so they dont get any pass from me.....It says alot about these people that they choose to ignore, and look the other way for some Fantasy they have about having a BAD BOY in power, who breaks rules, ignores laws, and enriches himself off the backs of others.   They emulate that, they are scumbags. 

Think about it:    A Convicted FELON President -   Whats wrong with them ?

The real problem IS that they are dangerous and we cant ignore them.   The bigger the cult becomes, the bigger the problem is. 

7 hours ago, Moses said:

Major Biden donor says he won't fundraise for Harris if she's nominee

this may be moment when fundraising may matter less as electorate will be anyways energized either way without being bombarded by propaganda. Vote is heading way of Trump or anybody but him as long as alternative is without visible impairment. 

7 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

As another of my American friends said, never underestimate the stupidity of the average American! 

that's harsh. I don't think Americans are standing out. The same could be said about British voting Brexit, Russians supporting Putin's imperial dreams , Sri Lankans voting Rajapaksas, Brazilians rooting for Bolsonaro and Israelis thinking Bibi is new Moses , one who delivers them Promised land.