Londoner

Dick's Cafe Jomtien

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

Twenty plus hours travelling, looking forward to my chicken and cashew nuts at Dick's. And it's closed. Refurbishment or  forever?

if you are there most likely you will be first one to discover. In meantime go to Salt and Pepper behind the TukCom

1 hour ago, siriusBE said:

It seems, that I am not the only one having chicken cashew nuts as the favorite Thai dish 😍

Rest assured, there's whole brigade here.

If course we never start thread about where to find the best because surely we wouldn't agree but common denominator is , we love it.

Beauty of that dish is that almost everywhere it tastes bit different,  even if ingredients are more or less the same , proportion are not and it ranges from sweet to outright hellishly spicy.

Maybe, but Dick's and I go back a long way. Twenty plus years.The BKK Dick's was a favourite for years, replaced in our affections by the JC one  when we changed our location. As Oscar Wilde nearly said, to lose one gay restaurant is unfortunate but to lose two sounds like carelessness.

And so I hope Kokopelli3 is right,.

22 hours ago, vinapu said:

if you are there most likely you will be first one to discover. In meantime go to Salt and Pepper behind the TukCom

I love Salt & Pepper, behind up the road from Tukcom ,

the owner is quite talkative and friendly indian background Thai guy ,hobby is making trains and ships out of matches 

20240720_000905-COLLAGE.jpg

Dicks gave the appearance of having been a two-unit shop but never having been effectively joined up to make the maximum use of the potential space.  Maybe the renovations are addressing that and that they will be able to cope with more customers?  I visited many times in January, but several times found myself politely turned away as the place was already operating at full capacity.  

Yes. I was given the good news on Sunday evening. Not good news, however, for Sandbank, which appeared to gather-up the refugees from Dicks. Including us! A decent place, by the way, even if its Thai  menu is a little limited.

Updated review of the new Dicks  to follow.

Th refurbishment is very successful, the enlarged premises attractive with a high ceiling (so important here) and six ceiling fans. Good quality furnishings with the tables far enough apart to allow privacy. Menu and prices the same. And that means the chicken and cashew nuts should not be missed. Obviously!

Open yesterday, but from next week, the Tuesday closures will be back.