roughjock

Manila & Boracay Trip Report July 2024

Very good and accurate report...although many similar things happened with me, there were some differences....perhaps my interview skills have sharpened over the years of many fake pics and duds?

I wasn't a fan of PH on my 1st trip some years ago, however from my last one in January/February...I'm going back to do a repeat with some guys and hopefully find a few new ones the end of the year.

On 7/17/2024 at 8:07 PM, roughjock said:

Public transit is poor in the city so you will be taking Grab a lot.

Turned out that taking a Grab, at least for me when I was in Manila around 2 years ago, was much more difficult that I was expecting. Lots of times I had to wait 4-5 minutes just to have a car assigned to me and then wait sometimes even 10 minutes for the car to arrive. Around 4-5 times I even got a "All drivers are busy. Retry later" message.

Not sure if the situation is better now but at that made my trip quite

Most hotels have security/doormen. If you invite anyone over, they will often take the ID of your guest and register them in a log book. When the guest leaves, you will be checked on and made sure you’re okay before the guest is allowed to leave. You can get past this by walking your guest in and out, but if you are nervous of people knowing your business, keep in mind that it’s impossible to be discreet.

I think it's mostly like that in Manila. none of my guests had to go through check-in at the hotel I was staying in Puerto Princesa, Palawan.  It's still more flexible that in some other countries like Vietnam where the check-in at hotels is strictly enforced. In both countries if you want more privacy (maybe because you are bringing 2+ more at the same time) an Airbnb is the best choice.

As someone who pays for big dicks or muscular builds, I could not find either for free OR paid. 200+ unique profiles messaged me, so it wasn’t due to lack of options.

I think the Philippines is more suitable for a top tourist. My main issue with Pinoy guys though is that a good number of them are not as smooth as other Asians. It's true also that they tend to be super clingy. Way more than other guys in SEA.

On 7/18/2024 at 11:07 AM, roughjock said:

Their dicks are often quite small, 3-5” in length, but usually on the thicker side. Every is circumcised. They are often quite poorly done.

When I first realised I like cocks I thought maybe the Filipino ones would be preferable due to circumcision but after seeing how they butcher it I have come to prefer a good uncut Thai cock (or Lao, Viet etc). Thanks for posting the report. 

2 hours ago, TMax said:

I thought maybe the Filipino ones would be preferable due to circumcision

Indonesians have nicely done cut dicks.....I grew up in Boston where everyone was cut at that time. Now living in Mexico and traveling to places where everyone is uncut...I like a nice cut dick for a change and Indonesia doesn't disappoint.

12 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Precisely my sentiment.

Question to the experienced: isnt there at least 1 suckable cock in 50 daily grindr messages?

Or is it impossible to know in advance bcs they dont send nudes?

Yes, it's possible...I found guys on twitter that showed everything to prevent any unpleasant surprises.

On 7/19/2024 at 2:43 PM, hojacat said:

Turned out that taking a Grab, at least for me when I was in Manila around 2 years ago, was much more difficult that I was expecting.

It hasn’t improved. My local friends said the government has restricted the amount of Grab drivers that can be employed. At certain times I was unable to get a Grab at all. From BGC to Makati for example, at 5-6PM. Tried for 35 minutes. Many times you will wait for an assigned car, then they end up being 15 minutes away. I was selecting 4-seat, 6-seat, taxi AND shared for options too.

I think it's mostly like that in Manila. none of my guests had to go through check-in at the hotel

Yes, in Boracay the hotel has a “no visitors in the room” policy, but guests can simply come up the elevator without anyone asking for their ID.

I think the Philippines is more suitable for a top tourist.

I did top, I put my dick into a bottom for three thrusts and he shot all over his chests. Then he wanted to record a video of me fucking him to show his friends that he had sex with a foreigner.

19 hours ago, Heba as-sa3udeya said:

Oldaddy’s contributions made me want to visit this country full of straight boys willing to get sucked 

You can suck straight guys, sure, but I don’t want to suck a tiny dick. Just my preference.

17 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Or is it impossible to know in advance bcs they dont send nudes?

Some do send nudes. Be persistent with them. But they are usually obscure photos or at weird angles. I even had few send fake photos that I reversed image searched to verify it wasn’t theirs.

5 hours ago, roughjock said:

It hasn’t improved. My local friends said the government has restricted the amount of Grab drivers that can be employed. At certain times I was unable to get a Grab at all. From BGC to Makati for example, at 5-6PM. Tried for 35 minutes. Many times you will wait for an assigned car, then they end up being 15 minutes away. I was selecting 4-seat, 6-seat, taxi AND shared for options too.

Thanks for this piece of information @roughjock Honestly, was the biggest issue during my trip to the Phils, mostly because it was unexpected. It started at the airport where I tried for around 45 minutes and at the end had to queue up for a regular taxi. Pretty frustrating, especially when it happed night time..

Never had this kind of problem  in other countries where Grab is available. I would say Vietnam is probably the best. Never had to wait more than 2 minutes for the car to show up. I was actually thinking of going to Cebu this December, as I have never been in that city. It's choice between Cebu and Phnom Penh, as the last time I was in Cambodia was around 15 years, while I was still in college, so it was before the advent of apps. I was already leaning more towards PP but your info kinda sealed the deal.

59 minutes ago, hojacat said:

I was already leaning more towards PP but your info kinda sealed the deal.

I found Grindr in PP be very active. Gay saunas and clubs were okay. People are friendly towards foreigners. Easy to meet locals. Quite a few hung men. Space Hair has very attractive men and the drinks are cheap. They will sit and drink with you and flex and take photos without needing many tips at all. Would go back to PP, although it’s not as walkable and public transit is also poor.

10 hours ago, roughjock said:

Would go back to PP, although it’s not as walkable and public transit is also poor.

but remorks and tuktuks are cheap, specially when one is using passap app.

I second your assessment of Space Hair  and it's boys

20 hours ago, roughjock said:

Yes, in Boracay the hotel has a “no visitors in the room” policy, but guests can simply come up the elevator without anyone asking for their ID.

I did top, I put my dick into a bottom for three thrusts and he shot all over his chests. Then he wanted to record a video of me fucking him to show his friends that he had sex with a foreigner.

You can suck straight guys, sure, but I don’t want to suck a tiny dick. Just my preference.

Some do send nudes. Be persistent with them. But they are usually obscure photos or at weird angles. I even had few send fake photos that I reversed image searched to verify it wasn’t theirs.

How does one reverse image search?

15 hours ago, roughjock said:

Would go back to PP, although it’s not as walkable and public transit is also poor.

Yeah, I remember it was kinda difficult crossing main roads in PP. How does Grab work in there btw? Did you have the same issues you encountered in Manila? Or is Passap, that @vinapu is mentioning, a better choice? Can you pay by card with Passap?

15 hours ago, roughjock said:

I found Grindr in PP be very active.

Is Grindr the most active app in Cambodia? In Vietnam for example, HeeSay(ex Blued) has way more profiles than Grindr or Hornet.

I'm a slim top guy in my mid-30s, usually look younger than my age. Have had my fair share of Khmer guys in BKK, the US and a couple even in Europe. I'm quite the fan as they have twinkish looks, great bubble butts and tend to be really smooth.  Do you think I'll get the same reception on the apps in there as in Manila or HCMC (as you himself said getting contacted by 30-40 profiles per day). I should also say that I'm also mostly looking for free sex.

16 hours ago, roughjock said:

Gay saunas and clubs were okay.

I rarely go to any club, bar, gogo bar, etc. Usually the only gay venues I care about are cruising bars and saunas. Now regarding the latter I have read mixed reviews in here. A Thai friend of mine though recommended I go to Paul and Arthur. He said he had lots of fun. 

I also will be there only from Sunday till Friday, as I want to spend the weekend in Singapore (quite the fan of the Keybox sauna in there). So not sure, if it will be the best time to go to a sauna in there.

Sorry for this barrage of questions and I hope people in here don't feel I'm derailing this topic.

30 minutes ago, hojacat said:

How does Grab work in there btw?

Grab works well in PP!

31 minutes ago, hojacat said:

Do you think I'll get the same reception on the apps

People in PP were very friendly in my experience. It is easy to meet people. You don’t have to pay for sex. Easier than Vietnam. I didn’t use another app, only Grindr, and met people at clubs as well.

33 minutes ago, hojacat said:

Paul and Arthur

I thought P&A was okay. It’s a very nice facility. It had less action than most saunas I’ve been to and seemed almost more like a place to relax. Quite a few foreigners as it’s pricy. I went with a local and got in for half price, as they have a promotion after a certain time. 

I will go to The Philippines around Christmas time for 1 month as part of my 4-4-4 plan to minimize my time in Thailand to be under 180 days each year.  I will use this one month to explore different places where I would want to live for 4 months each year - where I would live for 4 months in Thailand, 4 months in Vietnam, and perhaps 4 months in The Philippines.  I have already ruled out Manila - Makati - for the same reasons that I do not live in Bangkok - too big, too polluted, too noisy, not on the sea, etcetra.

So, I am thinking to start in Cebu City and then explore other Philippine cities that are on the sea.

Anyone have any good experiences outside of Manila / Makati - that they believe that they could live in ?

A city on the sea like Da Nang is in Vietnam would be PERFECT for me, as Da Nang offers:

• a big enough population,
  • on a sea that is clean and beautiful,
  • enough local guys to play with,
  • a small gay life with a couple of gay bars and gay massage places,
  • access to the nature (mountains, hiking, motorbike riding, etcetra),
  • easy access to other nearby interesting places (Hoi An, Hue, Ba Na hills),
  • international airport.

9 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Enviable lifestyle

Thai government is forcing my hand - I would prefer to stay in Thailand for the full year.....

But Thailand has decided to break its "social contract" that it had formerly given to us expats who chose to retire here....

If Vietnam had a retirement visa - I would up and move right away to Vietnam - but unfortunately, they only have a 90 day tourist visa