TotallyOz

OmYim Lodge Bangkok

OmYim Lodge Silom, Om Yim Guest House Silom Bangkok, OmYim Lodge is situated in a peaceful area, just a minute from Silom Road, This makes the hotel desirable for those seeking peaceful holiday or business accommodation, The colourful restaurant and nightlife scene is only a minute by skytrain ride and The steps to the Chong Nonsi BTS Station are only a few meters from our hotel.

Keywords: guest house in bangkok, guest house in thailand, bangkok gay friendly guest house,

Address: 72,74 (Chong Nonsi BTS station) Naratiwat Road.

Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand.

Telephone : (+66) (0)2-635-0169

Fax: (+66) (0)2-635-0168

E-mail Address: omyim@omyimlodge.com

http://www.omyimgroup.com/

post-10472-12822779140071_thumb.jpg

Guest GaySacGuy

I have stayed at Om Yim Lodge several times...once the day following the riots in Bangkok. They have always proven to be very helpful, nice staff, nice breakfast, and clean facility..but there is no elevator!!

I have stayed at Om Yim Lodge several times...once the day following the riots in Bangkok. They have always proven to be very helpful, nice staff, nice breakfast, and clean facility..but there is no elevator!!

That why every my stay I ask for room at 1-st floor there :)

Anyway in my opinion it is best place to stay if count all "pro" and "contra" - located in center, just 100 meters from SkyTrain's station, very friendly, nice staff, very good thai food, big and clean rooms, prices (!!!), just 10 min by walk to Silom gay area (or $1 - 1.5 by taxi, or 1 stop by SkyTrain) and it is gay hotel (guests are free to join).

In "contra" - they haven't elevator and nice boy Yaya from night shift don't work there anymore :(

I stayed at The Rose on my first trip to Bangkok and the Om Yim for every trip since. I think it's a good deal and recommend it.

Moses sums up its merits quite nicely.

Guest Jovianmoon

...clean facility..but there is no elevator!!

...they haven't elevator...

This from the Omyim website:

Our porter is on hand to assist you with your bags as like many smaller Thai hotels we do not have a lift. Should this pose a problem to you, please inform us when booking, so that a lower floor room can be allocated to you, if available.

[The bold text is not my intention - I seem to be having some issues adjusting text font/style. Perhaps due to a few glasses of wine...]

I agree no elevator would be a pain when you have a hefty bag - but insist on help from the porter; that's what he's paid for  :)

I have to say based on the posts so far, this hotel does look tempting. But I've already booked a room at The Rose, and Omyim doesn't seem to have a pool. I might consider it for a further trip.

Cheers.

Spent 2 nights there in November and consider it one of best values for money one can ask for. Area is not that peaceful as Nartahiwas is  dual road but all in Moses post above is true. No street noise sipping to the room-my was facing street.

I'm always amazed about no elevator complains, how many of you are travelling with heavy luggage and in wheelchair ? This is 4 floor building not some highrise.

Safe in the room worked, restaurant downstairs has very good and inexpensive food  , breakfast 70-80 baht. On your way to Silom is exchange counter with one of best rates I saw in BKK during my stay.

No problem with guests, their ID will be hold by reception.

Great  affordable place to stay

Guest kalabao55

Sine 2007 this is my place when I am in Bangkok. Stayed there for songkran this year and since my last stay in November some renovation (painting) has been done. Besides the perfect location - easy entry to the skytrain and walking distance to most of the major gay places - it is fun being there. Aek and his staff really do everything possible to make you feel at home and whenever you need assistance, someone is there to help.

Guests have to leave their ID and after they leave you will be given a phone call by the night audit to make sure everything is ok.

I love the place.

so most likely no longer suitable for single gay visitor with inclination to bring guests.

You are right about declining standards, I used to stay there every trip  but skipped last Dec after some unattended problems with toilet on the previous stay . But still wish them good luck, location close to perfection