unicorn

Preventative termite treatment?

• Members

My neighbor said she hires a company to apply orange oil to prevent termites. I haven't noticed anything myself, but when I bought the property 4 years ago, it required termite treatment, and that involved tenting with toxic chemicals (no food, pets, etc.). The company my neighbor uses has only 2.3 stars on Yelp, so I called another company with 4.9 stars, which advertises orange oil. They say they only treat for actual infestations, not for prevention. There does seem to be some sense in a simple preventative care, to avoid more costly and difficult treatment later. But what do I know? Is there any sense in termite prevention? Do any of you do this?

13 hours ago, reader said:

Used this method in my old condo building and it worked well.

for termites or your tricks?

I've lived in N Carolina, Florida & Texas all know for termite problems and stick built houses...never had a problem. In Mexico, pure concrete home, had termites, wtf? Treated with holes drilled in floors and treated with some chemical injected, no more problems.