Kiwi306

Bangkok bar shows?

I am looking for recommendations for bar shows, especially erotic. It seems that Tawan in its new form has gone downhill. I am likely to visit it anyhow at some point, but I would appreciate what other bars are worth visiting.

Cheers.

• Members

IMO Moonlight is the least pedestrian of a generally poor showing over the better part of a high season month’s visit. To each his own, and my bias is driven by 48 years of strip club interfacing, I do grasp the appeal of a night out in a club atmosphere, but erotic payoffs in BKK seemed better and more naturalistic when arranged to occur in private settings.

As interesting posters like @macaroni21have pointed out … apologies if I have distorted here … the clubs could inflate appeal more broadly with hotter guys than currently exist giving private lap dances and not necessarily obligated to execute more advanced sexual interaction. They could conceivably be selective in going further with clients based on their appraisal of match-ability. 

• Members

All excellent points, @macaroni21. Do you think there is any legal prohibition to a VIP area with lapdance options? That format is the usual playbook for female stripper bars elsewhere and the general guidance for male entertainer equivalence. I just don’t know all the rules there in spite of substantial exposure to Patpong, but I assume the model that we mutually propose is all above board. 

It's very hard to imagine that a bar permitted (in one way or another) to provide big-cock parades and other acts involving nudity on its main stage is prohibited from nudity in some screened-off corner, but TIT, so I don't really know.

But there's a simple work-around if there is a prohibition. If I were a bar, I'd rent a satellite location a short walk away, a simple upstairs room or two. A room can be divided into 2 or 3 screened corners. When a customer orders a lap dance, he pays at the counter, and the boy takes him to that satellite location. The boy is told by the bar that he must return within, say, 10 minutes. The bar also keeps the customer's seat and drink for his return.

46 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

It's very hard to imagine that a bar permitted (in one way or another) to provide big-cock parades and other acts involving nudity on its main stage is prohibited from nudity in some screened-off corner, but TIT, so I don't really know.

But there's a simple work-around if there is a prohibition. If I were a bar, I'd rent a satellite location a short walk away, a simple upstairs room or two. A room can be divided into 2 or 3 screened corners. When a customer orders a lap dance, he pays at the counter, and the boy takes him to that satellite location. The boy is told by the bar that he must return within, say, 10 minutes. The bar also keeps the customer's seat and drink for his return.

All very sensible. 

lots of good ideas from you two above, there's only one problem - how to introduce them in practice if none of you owes the bar. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, believe me. Idea of lap dances is great and I too wonder why Thai bars did not catch on it (yet ?). 

It has advantage of cheap fun although , say , 5 lap dances at 400 , 10 minutes each , comes to 2000 which can be exchanged for  more intimate and comprehensive performance but that is for clients to assess if it's worthwhile. Second advantage is allowing for  familiarize ourselves with potential off, exchange Lines etc without going full off way.

I still am big fan of Thai bars and always can't wait to  be back from day of return from my trip but one thing I fully agree with those less enthusiastic. Owners lack creativity and are content with established way of doing things whether they work or not and only change they can envision is raising prices. Last creative invention I can think of was Moonlight decision to create separate class of models and there was a lot of buzz around idea in it's time but even that  seems to be fizzling out as turnaround is too slow and novelty become stale bread.

5 hours ago, Kiwi306 said:

I am looking for recommendations for bar shows, especially erotic. It seems that Tawan in its new form has gone downhill. I am likely to visit it anyhow at some point, but I would appreciate what other bars are worth visiting.

Don't be discouraged by what you read about here. Downhill for one may be uphill for another. For every client lamenting demise of f***k show will be another one relieved that such display is no longer there. Friendly and uninhibited approach of Tawan guys  may be tiresome for those who prefer to be left alone ponding their choices and they may like Jupiter better with their boys disinterested looks.

Two advices I gladly repeat for 427th time , all you need is just one bar and one boy in it and always go and see for yourself.

things change from Wednesday to Saturday even in the same bar so two visitors may report different goings.

As for erotic, you will not see frontal nudity in Moonlight and only sometimes glimpse in Jupiter but you may in all other BKK bars. F**; shows seem to be absent at the moment but that may change  at any moment.

For everything else it may be matter of luck and personal taste. I.e i find shower show (Banana, Fresh Boys, XBoys pattaya may provide for those ) erotic if at least one  of performers is on hunky side but not if both are in urgent need of nutritious meal. I can provide long list of our members who disagree with me immediately and counter that hunks are good to move furniture , not to perform on the stage

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

What has struck me about gogo bars in Thailand is that they really have just one product and one price point 

Macaroni - you are GREAT.

I wish that you were the mayor of Pattaya - as you could make things so much better here.....

You wrote in the context of gogo bars, but if you have visited the Jomtien Supertown Complex - with the boring bar manager mantra of:  "farang sit farang drink", those 30+ bars are so ripe for your philosophy to add some true entertainment and/or alternative value otherwise it just continues to be so boring...

3 minutes ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

You wrote in the context of gogo bars, but if you have visited the Jomtien Supertown Complex - with the boring bar manager mantra of:  "farang sit farang drink", those 30+ bars are so ripe for your philosophy to add some true entertainment and/or alternative value otherwise it just continues to be so boring...

I don't remember who said it first , Plato ,  Spinoza or perhaps Edith Piaff  " men bored in boy bar is bored with life"

11 hours ago, vinapu said:

Owners lack creativity and are content with established way of doing things whether they work or not and only change they can envision is raising prices.

Indeed, we've discussed this before, but the funny thing is that such inertia is only in the Thai gogo and host bars. In the massage sector, they behave as any business would behave. They have a range of product offers as evidenced by the lengthy menu boards outside their shopfronts or on their Line advertising: Foot massage, Thai massage, Oil massage, Aroma oil massage, Coconut oil massage, Scrub combos. 60-minutes, 90-minutes, 120-minutes. Many Saphan Khwai places, in their Line feeds, spell out which boys are top, which are versatile. Their tip ranges also vary, some as low as 800 baht, others (GooGuy, for example) ask for 4,000 baht.

More recently, we see discounts and packages (e.g. 5 sessions for xxxx baht)....

As always your analysis is spot on. Newish place by Chong Nonsi BTS called Prestige is even offering 'beat jet lag course ' which I'm inclined to take at next possibility  if only because I noticed that with age I'm taking long flights better but jet lags are ravaging me more and more.

As for GooGuy , yes few boys are requesting 4000 for outcall but that seems to be an exception rather than norm there, others seem to be advertising +- 2000 to 2500, still expensive but what is cheap those days ? Oh I forgot, Saphan Kwai guys 

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

As always your analysis is spot on. Newish place by Chong Nonsi BTS called Prestige is even offering 'beat jet lag course ' which I'm inclined to take at next possibility  if only because I noticed that with age I'm taking long flights better but jet lags are ravaging me more and more.

As for GooGuy , yes few boys are requesting 4000 for outcall but that seems to be an exception rather than norm there, others seem to be advertising +- 2000 to 2500, still expensive but what is cheap those days ? Oh I forgot, Saphan Kwai guys 

Is Prestige a new gay massage place?

34 minutes ago, vinapu said:

yes, apparently pretty upscale and into legitimate massage with hopes

Also illegitimate,  I hope!

• Members
22 hours ago, vinapu said:

lots of good ideas from you two above, there's only one problem - how to introduce them in practice if none of you owes the bar. 

I always owe it. That’s the premise. They spot me several metres out and the indebtedness abacus begins clicking. 

2 hours ago, reader said:

In the end, the bosses aren’t stupid. They’re aware of what attracts us but they’re more attuned to the numbers: who’s paying admission and buying those bottles. 

you may be bit too optimistic here. Sad fate of short lived Sol bar is one case. There were warning signals, I witness one - young farang couple leaving loudly complaining about level of noise and nobody did anything including boss , present in the bar at the time.

Second is sudden demise of Tawan, cause unknown but certainly not shortage of customers. Both kinds of rumors circulated were pointing to the owner. 

On another hand I remember outcry when Dreamboys  in soi Twilight raised drink price to 650 and still remainded most packed bar in the soi.

Another case is BBB in Pattaya, looks that conversion  to fully dressed ( some even in long sleeves ) boys on the stage did not hurt attendance. Neither did 1000 baht off fee since stage was packed with boys both last times I was there.

But yes, I agree we should leave running bars to the owners as they are ones who really see bottom line even if at times they don't notice what they see.

The same is case with boys asking for tips we may consider unreasonable, they may be fishing for higher price but also they may know what we don't , for example generous Indonesian is coming tomorrow and he tips 5000 a night just for drinking together, no body contact required nor expected ( authentic case of Tawan boy explanation when declining  4000 tip offer for another night in  times when 3000 was considered generous )

1 hour ago, Riobard said:

I always owe it. That’s the premise. They spot me several metres out and the indebtedness abacus begins clicking. 

Galia omnia est divida in partes tres

On 7/11/2024 at 1:08 PM, Riobard said:

As interesting posters like @macaroni21have pointed out … apologies if I have distorted here … the clubs could inflate appeal more broadly with hotter guys than currently exist giving private lap dances and not necessarily obligated to execute more advanced sexual interaction. They could conceivably be selective in going further with clients based on their appraisal of match-ability. 

On that topic, does anybody know if Big Tool in Walking street in Pattaya, is still going?

As I reported in February, it actually had lapdances, (western style, they never got naked).

Edited by forrestreid
grammar