JZenLyfe

Planning to be in Chiang Mai for 1 week - advice appreciated!

Will be in Chiang Mai for 1 week. Enjoying all the massages, boys, and fun in Bangkok currently! Not super into the club scene but do like bar/lounges, massages, and callboys. I've had great luck on the apps and am wondering if the same can be expected in Chiang Mai.

Looking for advice on where to go for twink boys (young but of course legal). Best massage spots, bar recommendations, and preferred tip amounts. 

For reference I am a top and will be staying at Parc Borough City Resort for the week. Thanks and truly appreciate any and all advice. 

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

Classic House massage

I second Vinapu's recommendations for Chiang Mai.  I truly enjoyed the Adam's Apple go-go bar - especially the Burmese Shan state masculine guys who performed....

I wrote about these places in my 2014 trip report to Chiang Mai where I employed one of the principals (Woody) of the  Classic House Massage  massage shop to be my tour guide.

I see that Woody is still listed as one of Siam Roads tour guides  https://siamroads.com/woody-chiang-mai/

Enjoy

13 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

I second Vinapu's recommendations for Chiang Mai.  I truly enjoyed the Adam's Apple go-go bar - especially the Burmese Shan state masculine guys who performed....

I wrote about these places in my 2014 trip report to Chiang Mai where I employed one of the principals (Woody) of the  Classic House Massage  massage shop to be my tour guide.

I see that Woody is still listed as one of Siam Roads tour guides  https://siamroads.com/woody-chiang-mai/

Enjoy

I like the way Classic Boys give the ages of the guys.

On 7/8/2024 at 9:54 AM, vinapu said:

Adam's Apple bar and Classic House massage are the must I'd say 

Went with @vinapu's advice and tried out Classic House. Messaged the manager, Woody, via LINE and specified I wanted a bottom. Small selection to choose from for bottoms, but chose one boy and had a great time. Booked 90 min massage and total with tip was 1700. 

I was in Chiang Mai ~6months ago.

Adams Apple Bar was good. They had a varied selection of guys when I went; but as with all go-go bars, the guys that are there can change like the tides.

For something more along the lines of fun.. I don't think you can go wrong with RAM bar, it's a fantastic show, and different each night. I found myself going back night after night.

However, Chiang Mai has an entirely different vibe to Bangkok. Expect things to be much quieter, and much less choice.

Don't forget to spend some time during the day exploring the temples and coffee shops.

2 hours ago, brall3 said:

Does the RAM bar have guys that one can off like at Adam's Apple?

No it doesn't have staff there for that purpose. However you might make a connection with one of the staff or customers, but nothing is guaranteed. For guaranteed availability go to one of the bars down the alley beside Ram if you strike out at Ram. Sorry can't remember the names of the other couple of bars but as you face Ram they are 100 metres down the alley to the right.

I second omega's comment about CM's distinctive vibe.  More targeted towards locals than tourists. More relaxed. More casual....although I'm not sure what I mean by that.

I have a memory of Adam's Apple in the late 90s when the premises was packed....an undeniable fire hazard back then! Most of the audience were CMU students or other youngish guys. And no less attractive than the performers.

I'd explored Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya but CM was different, pleasantly so. However, I can also understand floridabob's post. The gay scene was spread-out over the city; it wasn't the place for bar-crawling. i also recall the late opening hours. I found the early evenings difficult to fill.

Visitors to Chiang Mai might like to try New Circle Club Chiang Mai - its in the Chang Phuek area not too far from Adams Apple and a short ride from the old town - there is a Facebook page with photos of available lads. Also there are lads at both Orion and Connections bars in Soi 6 of the Night Bazaar - same soi as Ram Bar. Services negotiable at both bars.

On 7/8/2024 at 6:48 AM, floridarob said:

Chang Mai is the only place in all of my travels, I paid to change my flights to leave a few days earlier than planned.....

Why?........I find it one of my favourite cities.

Chiangmai has a laidback and no rush feeling, most people go there for cultural and easy going lifestyle. Bars and other gay venues are not pushy on people face. You need a week at least to explore the city and short trip to nearby provinces. For the meat market, less choices “especially muscle beefy type”, a local guys and Shan/Burmese, smaller type/lighter tan and a lot less excitement. Was there twice in my 20 plus times to Thailand, both times, I had fun with local guys and tourists, great fun with Chinese and Korean on an applications. 

20 hours ago, floridarob said:

I didn't care for it.....was boring to me.

I kinda share that feeling, which is why I haven't been back for 8-9 years. Venues are scattered around and with a bad traffic situation, diificult to get from one to another. No cheap public transport, at least not without haggling. Anyway, not a wide choice of venues.

A bit like my opinion of Manila. Too scattered, too much trouble, too few attractions.

Once you've done the temples, Doi Suthep and Doi Inthanon in your first trip, CM has nothing to offer in the day for subsequent trips. At least Pattaya has a beach.