pazubane

Escaping from Texas to Brazil July '24

On 7/17/2024 at 2:02 AM, pazubane said:

Lagoa’s once-vibrant sauna scene seems to be losing its charm, as if the city's nightlife has grown stale.

I don't think that SP's nightlife has gone stale, but Lagoa has. I've all but abandoned it (whereas I would never consider missing a Tuesday night at Rio's 117). Something has to be done to attract better looking men. There are a lot of huge dicks attached to, well, less than beautiful men. Free entrance for boys with the confidence that it would be made up by more client entrances? A buffet for the boys? Unfortunately, those might attract more low-end boys but not studs. I don't really know what is the solution.

On 7/17/2024 at 2:02 AM, pazubane said:

Afterwards, a few more GPs offered their service with gozar at the regular 200r

200 seems a little low to me for gozar included. Certainly, I would not be surprised if there were different prices for different boys. Some months ago, there was a handsome muscular blond guy at 117 who would not go below 300. I even offered him 250 on a slow night, but he declined. On the other hand, a guy I used to hire regularly a few years ago approached me around 8:30 on a slow night at 202 when it was clear no further clients were coming and offered +bbk and +gozar for 100. His opportunity cost was slight--what did he have to lose? But in general, though, to gozar, especially when opportunity for further clients remain, does diminish the quality of service  and/or increase the effort for the guy to remain hard, so unless it is a guy who feels lucky to just make the 200, it sounds a little low to me.

"There are a lot of huge dicks attached to, well, less than beautiful men." ; so true, so true.  The last visit to Rio, earlier this year, I was shocked at the number of over weight, older, and not handsome men (at least to me) at the saunas.  They all have big dicks  which they aggressively flaunt.  Not my cup of tea, but to each his own. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Tourists are the minority...ask a local what it takes to earn 200 in Brasil 😉

Sssshhhhh. I do not discourage clients who do not mind about over paying. It is good for the boys. I, myself, am willing to pay above market prices. 50 extra rials are nothing for me, but make a huge difference for the working boys.

I know that the clients who do not want to pay prices above each market's standard complain about it. However, they shouldn't. The boys know that not all Gringos are willing to go the extra rial, and they will adjust to your expectations.

• Members
7 hours ago, Canadianbtmguy said:

Something has to be done to attract better looking men. There are a lot of huge dicks attached to, well, less than beautiful men. Free entrance for boys with the confidence that it would be made up by more client entrances? A buffet for the boys? Unfortunately, those might attract more low-end boys but not studs. I don't really know what is the solution.

Easy: big, fancy buffet, lotto, prizes, giveaways, but ... must pass the casting couch audition. (I volunteer)

"a lot of huge dicks attached to, well, less than beautiful men" - Basically, new Lagoa has turned into old Fragata. 

• Members
1 hour ago, floridarob said:

if you're paying extra....what makes you say this?

I did not always pay extra. I have more money now to over spend in the boys, but my financial situation was different when I started to travel to Brazil. Plus, I've been in saunas with different foreigner friends and witnessed the different behaviors.

Well boys think many gringos are a hassle for trying to down pay while clearly having more money than locals. Most boys are not found of that. 

For myself I never ever go with a boy asking more than the “current price”. Most will lower the price after a no, but I tend to keep my negative as they will often perform bad when that happens. I say clearly to them that asking an overprice upfront is a red flag to me and boys that do that won’t perform well . 

But likewise I tend to tip very well when the boys performs great - and as boys talks about clients between themselves, word of mouth goes around and when you are somewhat regular this “strategy” works great - they don’t ask higher prices (so I don’t lose money if they don’t perform) but they try to impress expecting a better tip. 

11 hours ago, Docbr01 said:

Well boys think many gringos are a hassle for trying to down pay while clearly having more money than locals. Most boys are not found of that. 

For myself I never ever go with a boy asking more than the “current price”. Most will lower the price after a no, but I tend to keep my negative as they will often perform bad when that happens. I say clearly to them that asking an overprice upfront is a red flag to me and boys that do that won’t perform well . 

But likewise I tend to tip very well when the boys performs great - and as boys talks about clients between themselves, word of mouth goes around and when you are somewhat regular this “strategy” works great - they don’t ask higher prices (so I don’t lose money if they don’t perform) but they try to impress expecting a better tip. 

Capitalist slut! 😋 (Just like me! 😆)

21 hours ago, floridarob said:

Tourists are the minority...ask a local what it takes to earn 200 in Brasil 😉

Brazil is a divided world, on one hand, most people make less than 3000R a month on a full time job, on the other hand, some charge 500R for an hour, haha 

Fortaleza Part I

Fortaleza, in the Brazilian state of Ceará, is a popular domestic destination for Brazilians due to its stunning beaches and pleasant weather. However, its high crime rates have deterred many foreign visitors. Infrastructure problems, including poorly maintained roads, sidewalks, and tourist attractions, have also contributed to the decline in tourism. The COVID-19 pandemic severely impacted the industry, leading to a slow recovery. Out of all the Brazilian cities I have visited so far, Fortaleza seems to reflect what the majority of Brazilian cities are like outside of Rio and São Paulo. When the people I met in Fortaleza described the interior of Ceará, I realized how little of Brazil I have seen and know.

The best part of my stay at the Holiday Inn is having a balcony to enjoy the beautiful sunrise over the horizon. The hotel is situated between Praia de Meireles and Praia de Iracema, with the beachfront heavily patrolled by local police both day and night. There's a lively night market vibe that's very fun to explore in the evening, with food, shopping, and live music. English is very uncommon in this city, but daily practice is making me more confident in my conversational skills, helping me connect better with the Brazilians I meet.

Upon arriving at the green gates of the California Terma Club, I noticed a small watchtower and barbed wire strung across the outer walls. It felt like I was entering a prison complex. One has to push the doorbell and the guy in the watch tower will buzz you in. The sauna featured a mini bakery, a bar area, a small pool hall, a regular tv room, and a tv room playing adult videos. The smell of salgados is a constant in the air in CTC. Here is the disgusting part, the area where many free cabins and a couple of suites are located smells like piss and other bodily fluids. Changing into towels is mandatory at CTC for clients, which benefits no one except the mosquitoes. The open air feature of CTC means none of the room have a/c and the facility relies entirely on nature and a couple of fans for ventilation and airflow. The GPs are the next-door types, similar to what one would find in Bangu, some have a small belly and almost none are muscular. There was a Nigerian who is an exchange student working there at the time of my visit. One thing I noticed is that unlike in Rio/SP, the GPs do not approach clients 85% of the time. I was there for two nights, I did not find a GP that I like. Exiting CTC, you have to give the receipt to the guy in the tower and he will buzz you out.

I've written about my time in Fortaleza...as a vampire I rarely go to the beach, I went everyday there, not sure why...I really liked it. The guys I met (I like next door type) seemed like could be the bf types, not so transactional like so many places.

• Members
5 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

That's fortaleza off the list; salvador and recife r the places 2 go 2 in the NE.

Pazubane, r u by any chance a blogger or a semi professional writer?

I bet you he is taking advantage of AI. The style looks pretty much like what I sometimes get from ChatGPT.

4 hours ago, 12is12 said:

That's fortaleza off the list; salvador and recife r the places 2 go 2 in the NE.

Pazubane, r u by any chance a blogger or a semi professional writer?

Hold your horses...perhaps my Part II of Fortaleza trip will add it back on your list. Not a writer or a blogger, I wanted to contribute because I have received so much useful information from everyone.

On 7/19/2024 at 9:10 AM, Canadianbtmguy said:

200 seems a little low to me for gozar included. Certainly, I would not be surprised if there were different prices for different boys. Some months ago, there was a handsome muscular blond guy at 117 who would not go below 300. I even offered him 250 on a slow night, but he declined. On the other hand, a guy I used to hire regularly a few years ago approached me around 8:30 on a slow night at 202 when it was clear no further clients were coming and offered +bbk and +gozar for 100. His opportunity cost was slight--what did he have to lose? But in general, though, to gozar, especially when opportunity for further clients remain, does diminish the quality of service  and/or increase the effort for the guy to remain hard, so unless it is a guy who feels lucky to just make the 200, it sounds a little low to me.

Thanks for the info, I am in Rio now and have spoken with another person tonight that also suggest 250r is the going price for programa+gozar.

5 hours ago, floridarob said:

I've written about my time in Fortaleza...as a vampire I rarely go to the beach, I went everyday there, not sure why...I really liked it. The guys I met (I like next door type) seemed like could be the bf types, not so transactional like so many places.

As a vampire myself, I don't mind the beach as long as there is shade and a handsome man to bring with me. I am really motivated to improve my Portuguese before heading back to the NE.