Bingo T Dog

PROJECT 2025 - TRUMP SCREWS THE MILITARY VETERANS AND ACTIVE DUTY

It's good to see that there is some focus happening on Project 2025. Remember in 2020 Trump forced the GOP to have no election platform, Trump doesn't like things being written down (was it Don McGahn or Pat Cipollone who Trump chastised for TAKING NOTES in a legal meeting?). In Trump's mind written stuff equates to evidence.

As terrifying as Project 2025 is in it's attacks on the middle class and working class Americans, civil liberties, women and LGBTQ communities - Trump might be even more afraid of it.  It's written down. He can be held responsible to one of his hateful positions. He'd be hampered in his constant mealy mouthed avoidance of taking responsibility about anything at anytime, any where. 

Real believers of the Christian Right and/or Conservatives, who aren't suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome like his MAGA minions, won't like Trump's denials. Will they do anything about it, or kiss the ring/ass of the defeated former President?   (Sorry, that's a very gross image, forgive me.)  

• Members
8 minutes ago, RockyRoadTravel said:

It's good to see that there is some focus happening on Project 2025. Remember in 2020 Trump forced the GOP to have no election platform, Trump doesn't like things being written down (was it Don McGahn or Pat Cipollone who Trump chastised for TAKING NOTES in a legal meeting?). In Trump's mind written stuff equates to evidence.

As terrifying as Project 2025 is in it's attacks on the middle class and working class Americans, civil liberties, women and LGBTQ communities - Trump might be even more afraid of it.  It's written down. He can be held responsible to one of his hateful positions. He'd be hampered in his constant mealy mouthed avoidance of taking responsibility about anything at anytime, any where. 

Real believers of the Christian Right and/or Conservatives, who aren't suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome like his MAGA minions, won't like Trump's denials. Will they do anything about it, or kiss the ring/ass of the defeated former President?   (Sorry, that's a very gross image, forgive me.)  

YET, it seems to me that the more Americans learn about the objectives of Project 2025, the more the polls grow in Trumps favor...   I believe the media is partly to blame here,  elevating and pumping up Trump at every turn, while portraying Biden as a feeble, over-the-hill hasbeen, despite the fact that he is only a few years older than Trump.  but I do agree that its optics, and Trump does appear more powerful and youthful, eventhough every word from his mouth is either Crazy or a Lie.  People seem to be gravitating towards "bad boy" Trump.   Hell, why not put Trump in a leather biker jacket and prop him up on a Harley ?     The only thing that gives me any solace is the recent turn of events in France.  The people of France fiercely rejecting extremist ring-wing agenda.    Hopefully when American go into those voting booths they'll all have a "Hail Mary", and choose Democratic, whoever the nominee turns out to be.   If Americans wants to preserve any rights they still have, there is only a binary choice for Democracy. 

3 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

YET, it seems to me that the more Americans learn about the objectives of Project 2025, the more the polls grow in Trumps favor...   I believe the media is partly to blame here,  elevating and pumping up Trump at every turn, while portraying Biden as a feeble, over-the-hill hasbeen, despite the fact that he is only a few years older than Trump.  but I do agree that its optics, and Trump does appear more powerful and youthful, eventhough every word from his mouth is either Crazy or a Lie.  People seem to be gravitating towards "bad boy" Trump.   Hell, why not put Trump in a leather biker jacket and prop him up on a Harley ?     The only thing that gives me any solace is the recent turn of events in France.  The people of France fiercely rejecting extremist ring-wing agenda.    Hopefully when American go into those voting booths they'll all have a "Hail Mary", and choose Democratic, whoever the nominee turns out to be.   If Americans wants to preserve any rights they still have, there is only a binary choice for Democracy. 

I think his poll numbers went up because he kind of shut his mouth for a while after the debate.  Americans' like Trump more when he's got his mouth shut. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, RockyRoadTravel said:

I think his poll numbers went up because he kind of shut his mouth for a while after the debate.  Americans' like Trump more when he's got his mouth shut. 

There is seriously something wrong with a country that Allows a man (corrupt, convicted and anti-American) to run for ANY office in government, especially President, AND a Supreme Court that supports and aides that individual.....  Hopefully, IF Dems prevail, there will be MAJOR governmental reform ?  

38 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

There is seriously something wrong with a country that Allows a man (corrupt, convicted and anti-American) to run for ANY office in government, especially President, AND a Supreme Court that supports and aides that individual.....  Hopefully, IF Dems prevail, there will be MAJOR governmental reform ?  

That would require Supreme Court reform first.  It's ironic that two Supreme Court justices, who were personally friendly - to the extent of taking family holidays together - from far different legal orientations (Ginsberg and Scalia) both had their seats stolen by Mitch McConnell. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, RockyRoadTravel said:

That would require Supreme Court reform first.  It's ironic that two Supreme Court justices, who were personally friendly - to the extent of taking family holidays together - from far different legal orientations (Ginsberg and Scalia) both had their seats stolen by Mitch McConnell. 

One or the other, but not both.

I'd argue Scalia's seat was stolen thanks to McConnell.

RGB stole the seat from herself, I think.  Granted, by the time Republicans took control of the Senate in 2014 it was too late.  McConnell would have probably come up with some excuse for leaving the seat vacant for two years.  But it's the same lesson we will all learn if Biden stays on the ticket and loses because of his age, as many fear he will.  Shoulda retired when you could. 

Had RGB retired in 2013 she would have served a deeply respected 20 years, and the SCOTUS right wing majority would be 5-4 today.  It still probably would have meant the end of Roe v. Wade once Trump packed the court with his right wing MAGA extremists.  But we don't know what Roberts might have done had he been the swing vote.  Roberts seems to be the conservative who is most aware that when a felon and lying POTUS who is unpopular packs the court with MAGA radicals who made deeply unpopular decisions, it does not work well for them.

There's a brand new poll out by The Economist saying that SCOTUS's disapproval rating is now -16 points, 36/52.  That is unprecedented.  Wonder why?

Putin must be having a blast watching Trump systematically fuck up everything that worked pretty well about democracy before Trump.

1 hour ago, stevenkesslar said:

One or the other, but not both.

I'd argue Scalia's seat was stolen thanks to McConnell.

RGB stole the seat from herself, I think.  Granted, by the time Republicans took control of the Senate in 2014 it was too late.  McConnell would have probably come up with some excuse for leaving the seat vacant for two years.  But it's the same lesson we will all learn if Biden stays on the ticket and loses because of his age, as many fear he will.  Shoulda retired when you could. 

Had RGB retired in 2013 she would have served a deeply respected 20 years, and the SCOTUS right wing majority would be 5-4 today.  It still probably would have meant the end of Roe v. Wade once Trump packed the court with his right wing MAGA extremists.  But we don't know what Roberts might have done had he been the swing vote.  Roberts seems to be the conservative who is most aware that when a felon and lying POTUS who is unpopular packs the court with MAGA radicals who made deeply unpopular decisions, it does not work well for them.

There's a brand new poll out by The Economist saying that SCOTUS's disapproval rating is now -16 points, 36/52.  That is unprecedented.  Wonder why?

Putin must be having a blast watching Trump systematically fuck up everything that worked pretty well about democracy before Trump.

Scalia died 265 days before the election - no Senate hearings for you President Obama. Ginsberg died 45 days before the election - and we get stuck with Amy Coney Barrett (the 2nd time she'd take a politically manipulated judgeship). The most blatantly hypocritical Mitch McConnell has ever been (I think, there's probably other awful examples). 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/anti-trump-gop-group-posts-video-of-him-praising-project-2025-authors-after-his-latest-denial/ar-BB1pPjhK?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=2cbc757e04d14223e29ff5b428a48b97&ei=21  One minute he praises it and then tries to distance himself.  Memory loss.   Is he thinking straight?  Is he thinking??????????????????????  Only the sharks know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I believe that from this day going forward, Kamala Harris needs to hold daily National Press conferences explaining to the American people WHAT Project 2025 is, and how it will affect their own lives.    The average person will not read over 900 page manual,  and will miss the finer, more dangerous parts of the Manifesto.   It must be dissected for the public, chapter by chapter.....until the horror of its implementation sets in.   I wonder if when they come for Interracial marriage if Clarence will divest himself of Ginny ?